The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He is ok David King but he is a little captain obvious. They'll beat the Hawks by 10 goals and he'll say they are back on track for a Grand Final appearance
Old Kingsight.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The only good news from the weekend footy.
Will laugh long and hard if the Hawks get up on the weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone hear Jeremy Cameron's comments on their post-premiership celebrations as shown below (don't know when he said this) as I very much doubt Dimma or other recent premiership coaches would've allowed this to happen. Pricky was probably too busy looking at his mirrors.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I can’t claim I knew this would happen but I did think Dangerfield was a poor choice as captain.

About as inspiring as a soggy zucchini.

Bloke barely shows an emotion out there on the field. Players - especially young ones - need to be able to read your face, read your passion.

Dangerfield probably things he has a ‘stoic’ demeanour but it comes across as distant, removed.

I think the Selwood retirement has sealed off their era. They’re pretty much done, and if we can bounce back somehow, it will be all the sweeter.

Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
People were saying that last week about the Gold Coast game. Don’t forget Hawks beat them last year when the Handbaggers were flying. Nothing is for certain for this mob now.
Hawthorn have nothing to lose that's for sure.

I'll laugh at the Cats today but I doubt they'll stay down long. Their draw seems pretty favourable.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I'll laugh at the Cats today but I doubt they'll stay down long. Their draw seems pretty favourable.
They play a lot at home in the second half of the season. 90% win rate down there.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
They play a lot at home in the second half of the season. 90% win rate down there.
Exactly TT. Even if they are playing putrid footy (they are) relying on geriatric has beens, snipers and the most uninspiring captain in the league - they still get gifted easy kills down at their Auskick sized ground.

Do any other teams get the luxury of exclusive training AND playing on the same ground?

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Exactly TT. Even if they are playing putrid footy (they are) relying on geriatric has beens, snipers and the most uninspiring captain in the league - they still get gifted easy kills down at their Auskick sized ground.

Do any other teams get the luxury of exclusive training AND playing on the same ground?
The Suns @ Metricon I’d assume. Don’t know where GWS train.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Pretty sure they’re the only one.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Our draw is shithouse by comparison to the Premiers.
The got West Coast for Gather round. We got Sydney.:rolleyes:
They didn’t even get drawn to play the Dees twice.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I can’t claim I knew this would happen but I did think Dangerfield was a poor choice as captain.

About as inspiring as a soggy zucchini.

Bloke barely shows an emotion out there on the field. Players - especially young ones - need to be able to read your face, read your passion.

Dangerfield probably things he has a ‘stoic’ demeanour but it comes across as distant, removed.

I think the Selwood retirement has sealed off their era. They’re pretty much done, and if we can bounce back somehow, it will be all the sweeter.

Hard to be a decent leader when you don't give 2 hoots about anyone but yourself.

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Where's the Media and the 'cliff' stories??
People forget they were up by 21pts against the greatest team ever to win 3 games.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Geelong Cats GIF by AFL
What about dissent from the wombat muncher?