The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Geelong great Gary Ablett junior says he is open to coming out of retirement and rejoining the Cats through the mid-season draft, in order to play in the finals

Excellent. Could this team get any slower?
Reeks of arrogance and narcissism.

He's "open" to coming out of retirement (if they plead with him and offer the right coin)
In order to play in the finals (who's to say they will make the finals? In order for you to play in the finals Gary? All about you is it? What about the club's wishes? The last memory of you playing in a final was your geriatric body crumbling under pressure).

Hope he can make it back and we play them in the finals. Our players showed unbelievable respect towards him in the granny, no one tested out his shoulder. Won't happen again, you will be hit with everything we have.

Reactions: 1 user

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Not going to get a gig as there is no longer any room now that they have Sam Newman coming back.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
If i'm norf i am picking him just for the melts

Being the god bothering bible basher that he is - surely the little master should do the charitable christian thing and offer to play for north for nothing
Jeez I’d like to see that

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Being the god bothering bible basher that he is - surely the little master should do the charitable christian thing and offer to play for north for nothing
Jeez I’d like to see that
Or take a salary and give it all to charity. Bet he won”t, though. I don’t understand why he wants to further tarnish his legacy.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Geelong dropping Jordan Clark and playing Issac Smith in the same role tells me everything I need to know about what the future holds For them. Smith taking up more salary cap & taking games away from Clark is criminal.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Geelong dropping Jordan Clark and playing Issac Smith in the same role tells me everything I need to know about what the future holds For them. Smith taking up more salary cap & taking games away from Clark is criminal.
This is how a club loses developing talent.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

It's criminal if we do it, it is a thing of beauty if the Cats do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
They have young players? o_O
They have plenty of them running around in the magoos.
None of them are good enough to get a game in front of the pensioners, something about difficulties getting around the zimmer frames n past the gopher buggies.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not sure TM.

A number of people on here rated him very highly before the Cats got him.

Checkside was one. She had big wraps on him IIRC.
Some could well have rated him Streak, it's obvious that even a fair handful of recruiters didn't overly rate him.
Pick 17 in his draft at age 21 after three years in the WAFL. Old Harry wound up punching out a seriously good career over the journey n full kudos to the Moggies recruiter for taking a mature ager so early in the draft, they're usually late picks or rookies with more a suck it n see perspective.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Some could well have rated him Streak, it's obvious that even a fair handful of recruiters didn't overly rate him.
Pick 17 in his draft at age 21 after three years in the WAFL. Old Harry wound up punching out a seriously good career over the journey n full kudos to the Moggies recruiter for taking a mature ager so early in the draft, they're usually late picks or rookies with more a suck it n see perspective.

Fair enough. Checkside was keen to take him with our second pick I think, No.18 overall.

Taylor went at 17, then we picked up a spud at 18, Alex Rance.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
They have plenty of them running around in the magoos.
None of them are good enough to get a game in front of the pensioners, something about difficulties getting around the zimmer frames n past the gopher buggies.
You aren’t confusing the Geelong falcons with their reserves side are you? :))