The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, as long as we have Lynch fit and healthy our forward line looks great too, post Lynch is where the planning needs to be. (As Jack fades, a tall forward combo of Lynch and Miller (or Bauer/Ryan) will hopefully cut it.)

Totally and we have some time to do this. Fix the midfield now and I'm sure the club is working on how we sort the succession plan in the forward line and keep the defence humming too.

Have to keep lots of balls in the air at once but you have a go and do the best you can with the restrictions in place. Sometimes you f*ck up and sometimes it works.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've been of the firm opinion that Geelongs runs of success will peter out, even though it has been very well managed and long in comparative and historical terms. Good management has been required to pull it off, and they have drafted well, but they have had a run of extremely good fortune with father-sons, Hawkins and Ablett, and western district/ local superstars who will play for lower wages, Danger and Cameron. Normally a side needs to bottom out to get 2 generational players like these, like us with Dusty and Cotch, but they didn't, twice.

Nothing lasts forever, and Hopper baulking at Geelong due to them not being able to match us with their touted 'salary-cap model', read farmboy factor, is the first sign of the beginning of the end of the golden run. If their farmboy factor stops being a factor, they'll ditch it pronto and drift back to the pack.
A loss next week in the PF will definitely be the beginning of the end as you say snakey. Especially for King Pricky sitting on that throne thinking he's got it made already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
A loss next week in the PF will definitely be the beginning of the end as you say snakey. Especially for King Pricky sitting on that thrown thinking he's got it made already.
They don't make the GF
The potato heads will burn down Shitskilled Stadium

• Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If Geelong lose the GF
I will be celebrating like if we had won a flag.
Scott will not know what to do.
He will be close to retirement

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've been calling the demise of the Cats for so long now that I won't bother anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I can understand concern about our forwardline, but our backline currently includes 2 of the best young KPDs in the league, (Balta and Gibcus) 2 gun young(ish) smalls (Rioli and Baker) plus Grimes, Broad and Vlastuin all returning. Grimes has a year or 2 left, then a couple more for Broad then another year or 2 for Vlastuin. Our backline, personnel wise, looks brillant for a while yet.
Our backline did leak badly though.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Our backline did leak badly though.
A combination of midfield issues, and instability i reckon- we had key players moving in and out of the backline all year, and some key injuries. obviously the injuries can happen again, but we dont need to spend money to "fix" our backline like Barrett suggests.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
A combination of midfield issues, and instability i reckon- we had key players moving in and out of the backline all year, and some key injuries. obviously the injuries can happen again, but we dont need to spend money to "fix" our backline like Barrett suggests.

Exactly

Our biggest problem all year has been a weak midfield giving easy clearances to the opposition and failing to slow the opposition transition. Then the rotating injury list didn't help.

Wasn't sure how we were going to fix the midfield but the club had a plan!!

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
King Hutchy goes for Geelong. I don't think it's any coincidence the love in they get.
And he hates us with a passion..why do you think he got of KB as soon as he took over
Geelong in the mornings with Pinoccio
Geelong in the Afternoons with The massive Richmond hater Russell
And a Geelong head calling the games in Hudson.
I can't think of 1 Richmond person who works for Sen.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
King Hutchy goes for Geelong. I don't think it's any coincidence the love in they get.

Just on this, I don't think that's correct because I was listening to him and Liam Pickering on their Sat morning show and apparently he's a Carlton supporter as Pickering was giving it to him when they missed out on the finals.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just on this, I don't think that's correct because I was listening to him and Liam Pickering on their Sat morning show and apparently he's a Carlton supporter as Pickering was giving it to him when they missed out on the finals.
Geelong
Supporter
I would give him shiit
Even with Garry Ablett you can't win a flag
And he would always reply go and support that useless side from punt Rd.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Does anyone think that the AFL is talking to GWS behind the scenes to bend us over.
Hocking would be sooking like a *smile*

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Clangerfield on 7 news tonight training with a strapped elbow continuing blaming Ginnivan
What *smile* sook