The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Putting out an official amber alert for many on PRE.

This is going to be a difficult week for you. Take sensible precautions such as avoiding all media and consider self isolating to avoid contact with Geelong supporters.

Now is the time to consider an evacuation plan should the worst happen on Saturday and you need to hide out until March 2023.
It ain't over yet. There's still a GF to choke in.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
This might be 1995 again
They beat us in the preliminary final by 70 but Carlton beat them by 10 goals the week later. And yes Ablett was playing

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

This is going to be a difficult week for you. Take sensible precautions such as avoiding all media and consider self isolating to avoid contact with Geelong supporters.

Now is the time to consider an evacuation plan should the worst happen on Saturday and you need to hide out until March 2023.
Don’t know what the problem is. We have won 3 of the last 5 flags. They have won nothing. They may win next week but if they do I’d still be us rather than them. We’d still be 2 flags ahead of them in the recent era.

They way you post you seem to think that Geelong winning this year’s flag would be the greatest achievement in the history of football. Bizarre.

Reactions: 9 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

They’ve got time to revert to type and choke it up big time on the big stage. Frauds get found out under pressure.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Don’t know what the problem is. We have won 3 of the last 5 flags. They have won nothing. They may win next week but if they do I’d still be us rather than them. We’d still be 2 flags ahead of them in the recent era.

They way you post you seem to think that Geelong winning this year’s flag would be the greatest achievement in the history of football. Bizarre.
The Bizarre Richo. Why do we need to hide?? As you said Riddles, even if the Pussies win the flag, they're still 1-3 behind us (and the Dorks) in achievement.

Reactions: 1 user

TASSIETIGER2

Tiger Cub
Mar 29, 2011
Hobart
This might be 1995 again
They beat us in the preliminary final by 70 but Carlton beat them by 10 goals the week later. And yes Ablett was playing
Unfortunately, neither Sydney nor Collingwood are nowhere near the level Carlton was in 1995. Geelong played the long game; they got their man in there to change the rules. Then got Brad installed to look after the umpires, (a massive conflict of interest) and then knocked out the only side the worried them with a decision that will be talked about for years to come.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

For once I will be following your advice!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Not at all, it's a flag like any other flag. I'd rather be us as well.

I'm just poking fun at the ridiculous amount of dislike that goes towards Geelong on here. Them being in the Grand Final is pretty funny in that context.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not at all, it's a flag like any other flag. I'd rather be us as well.

I'm just poking fun at the ridiculous amount of dislike that goes towards Geelong on here. Them being in the Grand Final is pretty funny in that context.
It's called rivalry and happens both ways.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
It's called rivalry and happens both ways.

Yeah, I laugh at it the other way as well.

That's another hilarious aspect of this week, watching all the posters on here who bristled and roared at the slightest hint of anyone not bowing down to our greatness, now having to find ways to downplay Geelong.

If Collingwood win tomorrow it's going to be a highly entertaining week for the moderates.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Just dominated to opposition to win a prelim, steaming into a GF, 14 wins on the trot, and Scott is defensive and shitty. Trying his best to be relaxed and jovial but just can't do it.

Reactions: 2 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Just dominated to opposition to win a prelim, steaming into a GF, 14 wins on the trot, and Scott is defensive and shitty. Trying his best to be relaxed and jovial but just can't do it.
Yep. He’s still a rude pr!ck isnt he. What an unlikeable c***.

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

I'd rather be in Geelongs place tonight than ours. They are a chance to win a flag this year. We are on holiday.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yep. He’s still a rude pr!ck isnt he. What an unlikeable c***.
yes. Liked McRaes comment on 360 when they were both on and reminiscing about their playing in flags together, mood was light, Scott was trying to relax but couldn't do it. Fly said he was a bit of a joker, pointed at Scott and said I knew it was a good joke if he laughed.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users