The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Yep let em be the Premiership Favourites.

The only way the Cats win the Flag in 2021 is if they are not playing us.
The pundits always choose their favoured teams early despite not having any idea how they will gel as a team but that is what they are overpaid to do I suppose. Rarely do the pre season favourites hit the heights expected and I am more than happy with the Richmond way

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Everything changed in 2020 wen quarters became 16 minutes long coupled with a shortened season.
We were good enough to adapt our gameplan & still win the flag but if those changes benefitted any team it was Geelong & so it came to pass.
Flag favourites? Time will tell but they really could drop away..

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Everything changed in 2020 wen quarters became 16 minutes long coupled with a shortened season.
We were good enough to adapt our gameplan & still win the flag but if those changes benefitted any team it was Geelong & so it came to pass.

Its called the tiger Curse.
After losing to us in a GF, They start to see things, Things become harder, the desire retreats and they finish 10th with a bad percentage.

Reactions: 4 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Everything fell their way this year. Shorter quarters, playing away from the ‘G etc. but they blew it. Watch them struggle next year.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nothing would make me happier then watching Geelong do a Adelaide.
That would go close to beating Collingwood getting the spoon in 1999.
Who wouldve thought Adelaide would be wooden spooners 3 years after the season they had in 2017 and GWS to miss the finals this year.
Fingers crossed.
Lets see if the big cat colin carter has the balls to sack him...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sounds good My Dear Zips

These wankers have there heads up their Ass.
How we aren't $3 favourites for the flag has me fked.
Geelong should be on $6
West coast $7
Port at $8
Brisbane 100-1 they have no
chance.
The rest over 10-1

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Richmond is Premiership favourite at $4 with Sportsbet and TAB.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I don't its talked about enough how much that change impacted us. Testament to the coaching team we were able to tweak our plan during the season. I thought we were toast early.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Did anyone see the news last night?
They gave New Boat number 5.
Higgins number 4
And judas number 7.
I can't wait till we slap them again.
I reckon one more come from behind win, could push them over the edge.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Did anyone see the news last night?
They gave New Boat number 5.
Higgins number 4
And judas number 7.
I can't wait till we slap them again.
I reckon one more come from behind win, could push them over the edge.
There's a lot of hubris down there, thats the reason we haven't killed them yet due to the fact they have led us at half time in both recent losses and belted our reserves side in 2019 it actually makes them think they have our measure, in the same way the Maggots think they have us after the 2018Prelim and the round 2 follow up loss in 2019.

If the Tigers actually inflicted some damage on a side at all in 2020 it might have been the Kochies after tipping them out in front of their home crowd.

The Cats are like that annoying little brother, you keep beating him yet he comes back again mouthier and mouthier after each flogging till you pay out a real one and notice is served and received.

We need to seriously belt them and I mean belt them, that will be the mortal blow, even if it is in a season fixture not a final, it may be the final cut that bleeds them out, so should they face us in finals again they know we have them before the ball is bounced.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Heard Benny interviewed last week, said Geelong was the model club for him. Always in contention , financially stable among other things. Could have added quality President who lets the managers do their job without interference or taking the credit.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Have to laugh.
Why are Geelong favourites next season?
Remember that geelong lead the grand final by 22 pts in the second quarter.
(Okay, but they lost by 31, so there was a 53pt turn around. They were over run adn destroyed in the second half.)

But bring in Cameron and Higgins will amended that.
Seriously?

How do these clowns come up with this crap.
The real shock is ppl pay them to come up with the crap....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
hey got overrun in a shortened game, next yr the game is back to it's proper length, that 31 pt win in a shortened game could have been 10+ goals

Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Geelong should finish top 6 next year but how good would it be if they don't make finals? A top 10 pick plus our 1st rounder beckons.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Geelong should finish top 6 next year but how good would it be if they don't make finals? A top 10 pick plus our 1st rounder beckons.

Yeah we need to deathride them... but they'll still be top four. Who is clearly better than them? One team only.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
We play them twice, both times at the 'G, so we have some sort of a say in it.

Interestingly, the Cats also play the Saints twice.

We have the Cats' first rounder next season and the Saints' second rounder.

One way or another, there's a good chance one of those picks will be well placed in its round.