The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Particularly given the fine is suspended in full and when the comment is added by Hocking that there will be serious consequences should it happen again.

So this is a $10,000 fine Chris Scott but it's not really, says his mate Hocking! But if any other blighter does the same, then I will adjudge that offence as serious and do something about it!
I reckon they made it $10K to make it look harsh, but if it wasn't suspended, it would be ~ $2500.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
They’ve just announced that if hubs are required in Victoria they’re going to get all Melbourne-based clubs out of Melbourne and make us all go into an “AFL Superhub” in the Geelong regional area.

That means if there’s restrictions this year, Geelong’s home ground will end up hosting the Grand Final.

More to come.

April 1

Bit hard to catch many people this year given all the craziness going on right now. Almost anything is believable

Reactions: 1 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I would love nothing more than the Tigers to seriously belt the suitcase out of the Kochies on GF Day.

Another GWS style vaporizing, would finally shut them up for a while.

King Kock, Durrrwaynn, Sockie Cornes, Karen Hinkley and the likes of SPP, Duuursma, Hamish the gong banger Hartlett, and Free Kick Charlie have rapidly conspired to make them a very dislikeable club.

Much akin to that annoying little brother that just needs a belting to chasten them for a bit.
Now that you mentioned fireman Cornes.

• Haha

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Ahhh the ol Brylcreem!!

View attachment 11823

My Dear departed Dad used that stuff.

Slick and Schmick .............
ditto C - although my father still lives, albeit with no hair ...
they still make it ! and i reckon quietly Salty gets it on his fingers - for one reason or another ..

SCAJMW

Tiger Cub
Dec 15, 2008
Moggies just a bunch of frustrated old snipers these days nothing hard , tough or unsociable about them.

Yablett sprung throwing the elbows three times in his last year.

Clench knocking blokes out two games in a row n blaming the victims for not getting out of his way.

Duckwood leading with his head lowered n bleating for frees every time he's touched, also roughing up players after a contest when the ball is thirty metres gone.

Tommy Hawk all elbows n knees on a lead, whacking players fifty metres behind play and pushing players in the back when he's losing contests for the ball.

Men of Rohan throwing the roundhouse arm from behind swatting an irritating little arsepick in the head.

All just tired n grumpy old farts watching their careers fade into irrelevant mediocrity. Aaaand I'm loving it.
Lachie Neale holding up 3 fingers was just showing Rub Down Rohan how many possessions he had in each of the 3 grand finals he has played in. He was then going to hold 4 fingers to show how many Dangerflog has had after half time in final matches against the MightyTiges.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Did anyone notice Hartigan (?) wringing his hand and Hawkins chasing after him almost looking to apologise?

It was a panned out shot, and wasn't on for long.

Edit: Found it, 9:50 left in 4th quarter, looks like he popped a finger in a wrestle for a mark.

Last edited:

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I don't agree with the anti-Chris Scott sentiment here. I find him to be Honest (Footy Classified) Competent (Coaching record) Gutsy (Brisbane Lions) and a fierce rival always.
His gestures with Hardwick before and after the game (Making your mark) showed that he is held in very high esteem by Dimma.
As for his reactions in the coach's box, I think they are great fun to watch and display his passion for his team.
Let's not pretend some of our past coaches weren't similar. Clarkson is one of the best going around, but got away with arguing with opposition players and punching holes in the wall.
It's all part of the theatrics of our amazing game.
So many coaches are dead set boring to listen to and always guarded and conservative. Chris Scott loves his team and backs his players.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
They’ve just announced that if hubs are required in Victoria they’re going to get all Melbourne-based clubs out of Melbourne and make us all go into an “AFL Superhub” in the Geelong regional area.

That means if there’s restrictions this year, Geelong’s home ground will end up hosting the Grand Final.

More to come.
What if Geelong is the hot spot?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
“I agree with what Chris Scott said partly,” McGuire told Footy Classified. “He hears from Steve Hocking, who’s a very close friend of him, they work together. His brother (Brad Scott) works at the organisation. But that’s at that area.

If anyone doubts where the standing on the mark rule came from I rest my case.

SHockings position is untenable if he is taking advice from an AFL coach that is motivated to beat the Richmond game plan after we've dumped those pricks from the finals 3 out of the last 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
“I agree with what Chris Scott said partly,” McGuire told Footy Classified. “He hears from Steve Hocking, who’s a very close friend of him, they work together. His brother (Brad Scott) works at the organisation. But that’s at that area.

SHockings position is untenable if he is taking advice from an AFL coach that is motivated to beat Richmond after we have dumped those pricks rom the finals 3 out of the last 4 years.
It seems to be backfiring for the slow cats

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It seems to be backfiring for the slow cats
Yeh but they were focussed on how to stop us, not how to improve themselves.

Also have to believe they knew it was coming before everyone else hence the recruitment of Smith and Higgins (both outside runners and elite kicks)

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

SHockings position is untenable if he is taking advice from an AFL coach that is motivated to beat the Richmond game plan after we've dumped those pricks from the finals 3 out of the last 4 years.
Well-done for highlighting this here, KK. Watched and heard it myself and still waiting for the media reaction - shock, disturbed ... outraged!?

I believe Eddie put his foot in his mouth again but has confirmed what many on here have suspected continually. Eddie has actually dropped a bomb here for the AFL. But, what a surprise! Has hardly created a ripple.

This cannot be allowed to go ignored. It's completely unacceptable for a current coach to be having constant private communication with Hocking.

[The fact his recent $10K fine was suspended I would cite as proof of questionable influence. Note that his offence was far more provocative than Dimma's and could have sparked a brawl, not to mention his continual undermining of the umpires by his coache's box histrionics.
Note that CCJ and Stack, stupid as they were, did not cop any leniency for their offence as very young, not best-22 players up in the GC hub. Instead copped by far the harshest of fines.]

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Well-done for highlighting this here, KK. Watched and heard it myself and still waiting for the media reaction - shock, disturbed ... outraged!?

I believe Eddie put his foot in his mouth again but has confirmed what many on here have suspected continually. Eddie has actually dropped a bomb here for the AFL. But, what a surprise! Has hardly created a ripple.

This cannot be allowed to go ignored. It's completely unacceptable for a current coach to be having constant private communication with Hocking.

[The fact his recent $10K fine was suspended I would cite as proof of questionable influence. Note that his offence was far more provocative than Dimma's and could have sparked a brawl, not to mention his continual undermining of the umpires by his coache's box histrionics.
Note that CCJ and Stack, stupid as they were, did not cop any leniency for their offence as very young, not best-22 players up in the GC hub. Instead copped by far the harshest of fines.]
You are of course spot on. The problem is half the footy media work for the AFL now so won't raise it and the rest are either too junior or have seen how those with a history of going against the AFL are effectively forced out of their jobs. Mick Warner for example had his AFL accreditation revoked for reporting on the Essendon scandal in a manner the AFL didn't approve of. All the media heavyweights are either Geesook sympathizers or in Gills back pocket.

The reason Eddie raised it is because he is out of the industry now and always responds in kind when his character is attacked publicly.

Ed has confirmed SHocking as having a conflict of interest that in most industries would see him sacked. In the AFL world though they'll all turn a blind eye and instead wait to jump on the next player that pinches someone on the bottom.

Reactions: 7 users