The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Just confirms what we all know - corrupt. Rule changing to disadvantage the premiership team. It’s a joke.
Also confirms why the AFL won't support Benny to replace Gill when all the clubs acknowledge he is the next in line. They definitely don't want a Richmond man digging into their dodgy deals that's for sure.

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Also confirms why the AFL won't support Benny to replace Gill when all the clubs acknowledge he is the next in line. They definitely don't want a Richmond man digging into their dodgy deals that's for sure.

Good. I’d rather we keep the best CEO in the competition for as long as possible. Even if it’s to the league’s detriment.

Reactions: 5 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Hard to find someone to work in the AFL without prior allegiances or friends in clubland.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
You are of course spot on. The problem is half the footy media work for the AFL now so won't raise it and the rest are either too junior or have seen how those with a history of going against the AFL are effectively forced out of their jobs. Mick Warner for example had his AFL accreditation revoked for reporting on the Essendon scandal in a manner the AFL didn't approve of. All the media heavyweights are either Geesook sympathizers or in Gills back pocket.

The reason Eddie raised it is because he is out of the industry now and always responds in kind when his character is attacked publicly.

Ed has confirmed SHocking as having a conflict of interest that in most industries would see him sacked. In the AFL world though they'll all turn a blind eye and instead wait to jump on the next player that pinches someone on the bottom.
Spot on KK. Like you, was waiting for the outrage and all day commentary re: Eddie's words about Scott, Shocking and the AFL.
Nothing. I assume the only person who will try and have a serious conversation about this is Mick Warner, tomorrow night on 3AW.

Not for nothing does Mick get all the 'real' stories now - those who have a story that needs a spotlight on it go to Mick now. No one else has the guts. The Collingwood report landed on his desk, the concussion, etc. Everyone else is protecting their job. The AFL is without doubt, the most corrupt and dogy organisation - boys club, autocratic, full of sycophants who pander to some whilst bullying others, secretive and whatever the oppositive of inclusive is.

Even from afar, its obvious the AFL does not respect most clubs and most stakeholders.

Reactions: 7 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Spot on KK. Like you, was waiting for the outrage and all day commentary re: Eddie's words about Scott, Shocking and the AFL.
Nothing. I assume the only person who will try and have a serious conversation about this is Mick Warner, tomorrow night on 3AW.

Not for nothing does Mick get all the 'real' stories now - those who have a story that needs a spotlight on it go to Mick now. No one else has the guts. The Collingwood report landed on his desk, the concussion, etc. Everyone else is protecting their job. The AFL is without doubt, the most corrupt and dogy organisation - boys club, autocratic, full of sycophants who pander to some whilst bullying others, secretive and whatever the oppositive of inclusive is.

Even from afar, its obvious the AFL does not respect most clubs and most stakeholders.
........and most supporters and members despite the fact that no crowds bought the whole competition to its knees last year

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
SHockings job is already untenable given he's in the running for the top job at Geelong.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Good wrap .. Opposite of inclusive...exclusive

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

On that last point, #1 on that list by far is the fans

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
On that last point, #1 on that list by far is the fans

Fans are taken for granted in the same way voters are in safe seats, they just rely on the fact that fans will stick with their teams. The fans are not loyal to the AFL at all and the AFL well know it. But they know that they have us cornered because of our support for our teams.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They play North twice.
And people think Hocking isn't helping them.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
What will happen if Norf win this week? I reckon they’ll implode. Salt already looks like he doesn’t want to be on this planet anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Steven Wells has gone after years of recruiting duds and living on the 2001 draft for the last 20 years.
Hopefully he ends up at Collingwood

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Steven Wells has gone after years of recruiting duds and living on the 2001 draft for the last 20 years.
Hopefully he ends up at Collingwood
I couldn't find it, but there's a list somewhere on here of thier drafting over the last decade, it destroys the "Wells has done it again" myth that we hear every yr. it works for trading but the drafting has been rubbish

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
I’m IT dyslexic so can’t post links but even the AFL article mentions his genius in recruiting Taylor Bartel Selwood Johnson Ottens et al. FA within the last decade and a half

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If you want a good laugh go to the Cats Big Footy board other matches thread.

They are saying we are kissed on the *smile* by the umps and duck for frees and 50's and our forward wouldn't kick any goals if not for the Umps..........

I'm deadly serious ........................

Lauaghable can you believe it.... I heard Geelong was the Ice Capital of Vic now I believe I've seen the evidence to back that up.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I couldn't find it, but there's a list somewhere on here of thier drafting over the last decade, it destroys the "Wells has done it again" myth that we hear every yr. it works for trading but the drafting has been rubbish
Its Greg Beck quality. Since that 2001 draft he fluked Bartel ( they were going to trade him at the end of 2004) Kelly, Johnson and Ablett Fs.
These have been There top 20 picks
Mackie, 2002
Tennace, 2003
2004 first pick 32, Prismal
Varcoe, 2005
Selwood, 2006
Taylor, 2007
2008 Mitch Brown
2009 Menzel
2010 Smedts
2011 first pick 32 Hamling
2012 Thurlow
2013 Darcy Lang
2014 Cockatoo
2015 pick 59 Ryan Gardener
2016 Partiff
2017 pick 22 Fogarty
2018 Jordon Clark
2019 Stephens & DeKoning
2020 Max Holmes

**From 2008 til 2017
9 out of 11 first picks have been moved on.
His record is bullshiit

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Its Greg Beck quality. Since that 2001 draft he fluked Bartel ( they were going to trade him at the end of 2004) Kelly, Johnson and Ablett Fs.
These have been There top 20 picks
Mackie, 2002
Tennace, 2003
2004 first pick 32, Prismal
Varcoe, 2005
Selwood, 2006
Taylor, 2007
2008 Mitch Brown
2009 Menzel
2010 Smedts
2011 first pick 32 Hamling
2012 Thurlow
2013 Darcy Lang
2014 Cockatoo
2015 pick 59 Ryan Gardener
2016 Partiff
2017 pick 22 Fogarty
2018 Jordon Clark
2019 Stephens & DeKoning
2020 Max Holmes

**From 2008 til 2017
9 out of 11 first picks have been moved on.
His record is bullshiit
awesome! is there a list of his full drafting? from memory the l;ater picks they were drooling over rarely came on