The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Geez its a cats lovefest on SEN. They are amazing. Hawkins is amazing. Cameron is amazing. Stengle is amazing. Miers is now a super worker. They are superb in the midfield. Scott is playing Cameron superbly.

This could be better than 17/19 & 20.......
I am more than happy for the media to forget they only just beat us when we only played 2 & a bit 1/4's against them & had our best mid taken out early in the game only 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 users

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Absolutely no respect for Geelong for what they become under Salty.

Duckwood is an absolute blight on the game, a sniper who has not the intestinal fortitude to stand up to take a tackle.
Bruce and Mince make me want to puke the way they go about him.

Dangerfield is a protected species due to him being head of the AFLPA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
This could be the sweetest finals capitulation yet.
Reckon if it's Dee's in a qualifying they lose and than get us on a semi.
Straight sets on the cards.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
LOL cats home and away champs. Watching them lose finals never gets tiring

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Clayton Oliver accidentally kicked by Joel Selwood.

Wait wasn’t Stewart’s hit on Prestia accidental?
Broken thumb after Cheatwood kicked him in the hand. Oliver tried to get the ball but as usual Cheatwood took the cheat’s way and threw his boot at a loose ball.

They have quite a few cowardly snipers in their side. In the mould of the coach.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It dosent take much for Geelong to capitulate.
1995 favourites lost the GF by 10 goals
1992 Favourite against WC lost by 6 goals
2008 Favourite lost to Hawthorn by 6 goals
2020 favourite lost to the Mighty Tigers by 6 goals
And Hocking sat there watching from the boundary line.

• Love

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Cats to finish 1st, Tigers sneak into 4th. Let thew whingeing begin, a whole 2 weeks of it! We know what happens from there.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
It dosent take much for Geelong to capitulate.
1995 favourites lost the GF by 10 goals
1992 Favourite against WC lost by 6 goals
2008 Favourite lost to Hawthorn by 6 goals
2020 favourite lost to the Mighty Tigers by 6 goals
And Hocking sat there watching from the boundary line.

I don’t want to ruin a good rant but……

The Blues were slight favs come bounce down in 1995 and we were favourites in 2020.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don’t want to ruin a good rant but……

The Blues were slight favs come bounce down in 1995 and we were favourites in 2020.

You're right, funnily enough Carlton, who had not lost for 6 months, were favourites . . . who'd have thought!

DS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The doubt sets in

Dangerfield setback ahead of AFL finals​

Shayne Hope - Yesterday 7:04 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl...sedgntp&cvid=4de293f8679c4ca0ae47bd9d18a3ba20

Seriously, rolling out excuses already. Comments in the article like

"Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield is hopeful a conservative approach to managing his latest soft tissue setback will allow him to fire for the Cats during the AFL finals series."

"Geelong are among the leading contenders for this year's premiership but need big guns like Dangerfield firing in September"

"The former Adelaide superstar is yet to play in a premiership, having been part of five losing preliminary finals and the Cats' 2020 grand final defeat to Richmond."

I reckon they are done already. Mentally damaged.

As for Dangerfield, he is better at making excuses than my wife.

Reactions: 2 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
They’ll be wanting to keep Deuce Ventura out of the finals. Their number 2 liability next to Rohan when the heat is on.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The doubt sets in

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl...sedgntp&cvid=4de293f8679c4ca0ae47bd9d18a3ba20

"Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield is hopeful a conservative approach to managing his latest soft tissue setback will allow him to fire for the Cats during the AFL finals series."

"Geelong are among the leading contenders for this year's premiership but need big guns like Dangerfield firing in September"

"The former Adelaide superstar is yet to play in a premiership, having been part of five losing preliminary finals and the Cats' 2020 grand final defeat to Richmond."

He sounds a lot like Deledio at GWS.

Recurring calf injuries (3rd time this year) for an explosive 32yo... Dangerfield is done.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Well done Geelong. It’s taken 5 years but you’ve finally got it right with a preemptive excuse when dangerflog inevitably goes missing during the finals again. Instead of the usual excuses AFTER he fails to fire in finals matches and then the leaks coming afterwards about how was was struggling with previously unknown “injuries” , they’ve decided to make the excuses beforehand
well played cats. Well played :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The doubt sets in

5 lost preliminary finals!!!
Hahaha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Diverfield has missed a lot of footy this year, they're better without him.

Reactions: 1 user