The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Brad Close is playing the Kane Lambert role for them really well. He has that enormous running power than allows him to get up and down the ground and allow them to outnumber at the contest. We need to get someone in that role again as soon as possible. Hopefully Juddy Clarke comes on next year.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
No. Just saying they are due a loss. The more games you win in a row, the closer you are getting to your next loss.

just clutching at straws. They will romp it in, unfortunately. In my opinion only, of course.
The more you win in a row the more likely you are to win your next game IMO. I.e. I’d imagine more 15 win streak teams win their next game than 15 loss streak teams.

…. But also true they are closer to their next loss given an infinite win streak is off the table.

Not nice but I’m hoping for the veteran cat hamstrings to be a popping and tearing a plenty

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Brad Close is playing the Kane Lambert role for them really well. He has that enormous running power than allows him to get up and down the ground and allow them to outnumber at the contest. We need to get someone in that role again as soon as possible. Hopefully Juddy Clarke comes on next year.
yep - that player in effect gives you an extra player on the ground. applies forward pressure but also gives you the extra in the midfield and around the wings / flanks. we need to find that player asap

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So the brown paper baggers missed the finals after the Filth beat them by 1 point in round 23, and the Filth lost the preliminary final by 1 point.

You're hearing it here first, the Scats will lose the Grand Final by 1 point. How ******* good will that be.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Reminds me a bit of the early skinny Shane Edwards. Talented player.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We are the kings of the Rookie Draft
How did he get past us? Glenelg boy too
Him and Holmes are top class runners

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Massive difference. We either have to put up with major fest of Scott, Danger and Selwood areslicking or we get to discuss another massive Geelong choke after winning 14 in a row (or whatever it is)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm prepared to initate full media blackout for at least 7 days starting 5pm Saturday - or earlier if necessary.

Until then it's CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE

Since I have never minded South Melbourne clearly they are the ones to support.

As for the media blackout, you won't need a week, what has surprised me as we won a few was that we get saturation media coverage leading up to the game, but a couple of days after the Grand Final the media moves on. It is remarkably quick, but not surprising since the matter is decided by then. There's the adulation for the winner for at least a day and some residual stuff on Monday but by mid next week the agenda moves on.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Since I have never minded South Melbourne clearly they are the ones to support.

As for the media blackout, you won't need a week, what has surprised me as we won a few was that we get saturation media coverage leading up to the game, but a couple of days after the Grand Final the media moves on. It is remarkably quick, but not surprising since the matter is decided by then. There's the adulation for the winner for at least a day and some residual stuff on Monday but by mid next week the agenda moves on.

DS
Yep, by Tuesday most of their focus is on trading season.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Graham or Taranto?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Fly won Coach of the Year. Pricky has never won it and never will. Even finished 3rd to Longmire 2nd.
The award is ok.
All I say is the mob will go after him when they losing.
They fluked this year.
Hawthorn shouldve beaten them
Essendon should've beaten then
And Nth were up 25 3qtr time.
The list is crap. Moore is there defence.
Adams is there midfield and McLovin & Milocheck the forwards.
That's not winning you a flag.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Interesting re Fly

Collingwood finished 2018 in 3rd and lost GF. Then finished 4th in 2019 and 8th in 2020

2021 was the "get rid of Buckley and finish low to get Daicos" year and they fell to 17th

Fly takes over and they rebound.

2023 will be interesting with expectations high

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Does anyone know what the Richmond Cheer Squad electoral candidate did at the PF to have to withdraw from the CS election? Was it just GFC clobber or something more racy?

From the CS:
'the manner in which he was seen dressed and passionately supporting Geelong has drawn a lot of criticism from our members.
No breach in Cheer Squad rules has occurred and what he does outside of the Richmond Cheer Squad or who he associates with is not a concern of the committee. However this is not the behaviour that is expected of someone standing for election on the Cheer Squad committee and representing the Richmond Football Club.'

• Wow

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Interesting re Fly

Collingwood finished 2018 in 3rd and lost GF. Then finished 4th in 2019 and 8th in 2020

2021 was the "get rid of Buckley and finish low to get Daicos" year and they fell to 17th

Fly takes over and they rebound.

2023 will be interesting with expectations high
Agreed. Fly is a wonderful human being and an excellent coach but extremely over simplified to suggest he took a 17th placed team to 3rd in 1yr.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Very conflicted. Don't wish failure on anyone but will be devastated if the sooks win.

Go Swannies.