The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Hawkins foot surgery. I don’t wish him any bad luck but the end can come quickly if the body breaks down e.g. lambert - they do have this risk running over them.

Did someone trip over his foot when he pushed them in the back.:oops:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The Kitty Litters supporters think they won the trade period easy . Premiership in the bag stuff . But I'm thinking that they just brought in VFL grade players and pick 7 but that came with a huge price . Hoping this years pick 7 is a dud :LOL:.
Conca or Vickery

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Going by what was said above, given I never read Barratt because he's full of sh!t, it was not in the headline but in the body of the article.

Also, do the AFL have sub-editors on their web site? Subbies are a newspaper thing and given the state of newspapers these days I doubt they have many any more. A website subbie? No idea what they do at the AFL with their website, I suppose they might have some sort of sub-editors given the way the number employed there has exploded over the years, they have to do something.

But stating the bleeding obvious that subbies write headlines is not really relevant when we're not talking about a headline.

DS
Yes David there are website sub-editors who do exactly the same as on print news.
Headlines
Fact checking
Corrections
Modifications/editing/cropping
Selection of images
Adding links and social media posts

It is very plausible that a subbie adds the social media links like Tradefather to Barret,s articles. He doesn't get a say or final approval.
Its just part of the journo deal, write but it will be subbed before publication.
Anyone who thinks it's his name so he,s 100% responsible is incorrect.

How do I know? It's my partner,s job and she works for major Australian media

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Be very interested to know what the issue is. Said he carried it all year and he's a big boy so there's not much scope for most things there.
The blokes 34y.o. stands 198cm n comes in at 104 kg. Plays a game where he's gotta run fast, twist n turn n jump up n down and he's carried a sore foot all year that no-one even noticed. Can't be much wrong with it beyond a hang nail. Bit of a trim n pedicure n he'll be good to go.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The blokes 34y.o. stands 198cm n comes in at 104 kg. Plays a game where he's gotta run fast, twist n turn n jump up n down and he's carried a sore foot all year that no-one even noticed. Can't be much wrong with it beyond a hang nail. Bit of a trim n pedicure n he'll be good to go.
Its *smile*
Another media flogging Story for Geelong next year.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
All over Stack the mail I'm receiving. Im good friends with S.G dad so some good inside info.

• Sad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
All over Stack the mail I'm receiving. Im good friends with S.G dad so some good inside info.
Not at all surprised if it's true.

I won't be happy if he goes there and succeeds off HB, or BP whilst the RFC continually played him in the VFL in the small forward role rather than the role he has played his best footy in at the elite level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Not at all surprised if it's true.

I won't be happy if he goes there and succeeds off HB, or BP whilst the RFC continually played him in the VFL in the small forward role rather than the role he has played his best footy in at the elite level.
There should be a sign off agreement
No X Richmond player is allowed at that stinking joint.
We have given them Poole, Murphy, Ottens, & Stengle and now they want Stack.
All we have to show is Houlihan & Bisscombe

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
There should be a sign off agreement
No X Richmond player is allowed at that stinking joint.
We have given them Poole, Murphy, Ottens, & Stengle and now they want Stack.
All we have to show is Houlihan & Bisscombe
Taylor Hunt makes up for the difference, surely

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So your theory is they announced an injury to their key forward a month after the Grand Final, and are having him undergo an operation that will disrupt his preparation for next season, just in case they lost the Grand Final?
Article in today's Hun claiming he's got a dodgy facist planted in his foot so after much consultation with medical experts the best option for him should have been to jump off a table till it snapped. Or just have a bit of a nap while the doctor snips the offending thing.

• Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
The Kitty Litters supporters think they won the trade period easy . Premiership in the bag stuff . But I'm thinking that they just brought in VFL grade players and pick 7 but that came with a huge price . Hoping this years pick 7 is a dud :LOL:.

Conca or Vickery
I luv it when Carltoon say "HOLD MY BEER" :clap1

At least we got 100+ games from Conca and vickery, still in with a chance for father/sons' and not this -

"Laurence Angwin: #7 (2000) Adelaide
As a top 10 selection, Angwin managed 0 games for Adelaide and was delisted after a single season at the club. He is most known for turning up to a training session with Carlton while under the influence of recreational drugs, for which he was later let go." :eyes

• Wow