The Gilstapo (Herald Sun)

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
TigerMasochist said:
That's Bewdiful. Wouldn't mind seeing McGillon holding another press conference in a cuppla days apologising to the Genllemans for telling porkies. Got popcorn, peanuts, chippies n some sippin organised for this one.
Way beyond time the flogs in suits at H.Q. got their agates thoroughly tweaked.

ahh but maybe (I could be wrong) I might be able see Gil's get out clause already being prepared with someone about to go under bus for this. Good ol' teflon Gil.

In his words ( McLachlan said: “Yes, that was the assessment in the briefing I had, absolutely, across two bays, and the umpire felt intimidated.” ).
So someone's briefing provided the facts to him and made the assessment... hmmmm. No ownership right there. If he loses this battle someone else better be prepared. :hihi

Similar how, no change in security measures towards fans, until fan anger was relentless. Then suddenly Marvel stadium took the heat. :rofl :hihi :rofl

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Al Bundy said:
Similar how, no change in security measures towards fans, until fan anger was relentless. Then suddenly Marvel stadium took the heat. :rofl :hihi :rofl
That's why there's so many flogs in suits at H.Q. Needs to be plenty of expendable gophers around to protect the delicate n vulnerable arse holes when they get exposed to harsh reality.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Evicted Carlton fan engages top law firm to clear name and demand apology from AFL
Michael Warner
Herald Sun
Jun 19, 2019

The Carlton fan accused of running across two bays at Marvel Stadium to hurl abuse at an umpire at a Carlton game has followed through on his legal threat against the AFL, engaging a top law firm to act on his behalf.

Lawyers for footy’s flog man have fired a legal letter to the AFL demanding a formal apology and retraction of claims he “ran across two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls.

Top law firm Holding Redlich have been engaged by “Frankie”, the Carlton member evicted from Marvel Stadium two weeks ago for calling Nicholls a “bald-headed flog”.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan claimed on 3AW last Friday that Frankie had run in an aggressive and intimidating manner towards Nicholls during the clash against the Brisbane Lions.

The Blues supporter is adamant he never left his seat on Level 1. He believes he has been vilified and defamed.

Asked on Tuesday whether he maintained that Frankie had run across two bays, McLachlan said: “That was my advice at the time”.

Citing the AFL on June 11, The Age newspaper said the Carlton fan was “evicted for ‘spooking’ (the) umpire by running, screaming, waving his arms”.

The claims were used to help justify the actions taken against him as the fan security crisis engulfed the game.

Holding Redlich partner Kyle Siebel told the Herald Sun: “Frankie did not run across two bays of seats as has been alleged.

“Holding Redlich has written to the AFL requesting that the incorrect statements on the public record be corrected and an apology be issued.”

Frankie’s lawyers are also seeking the removal of the first and final warning slapped on him by the AFL integrity department.

Mr Siebel said Frankie was willing to sit down and apologise to umpire Nichols for calling him a “bald-headed flog” as part of the retraction process.

Asked by 3AW’s Neil Mitchell about Frankie’s eviction last Friday, McLachlan said: “I don’t reckon it was just because of those words.

“Mathew Nicholls is a very experienced umpire, I got the notes about it, I followed it up, he said it was the most intimidated he’s been in his hundreds of games of football.

He wants an apology from the AFL.

Pressed again on whether Frankie had run at the umpire, McLachlan said: “Yes, that was the assessment in the briefing I had, absolutely, across two bays, and the umpire felt intimidated.”

Fallout from the incident led to Frankie taking stress leave from work, while his heavily pregnant fiance was distressed by the publication of images of his face on TV and in the newspapers.

“They’ve thrown me under the bus,” Frankie said last week.

“Go and get the footage. They (the AFL) own the ground, so it shouldn’t be that hard for them to get the footage of me running across the two bays. But it didn’t happen.

“I’m disappointed with the AFL that they think they can bully their way out of situations and make up their own stories.

“The normal fan has no right of reply.”

Broadcaster Gerard Whateley weighed into the Frankie furore last week by criticising 3AW for “championing him in a bizarre and inappropriate way” after he called in to tell his side of the story.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/evicted-carlton-fan-engages-top-law-firm-to-clear-name-and-demand-apology-from-afl/news-story/1152f18439620d2ce17bb70f72dc5366 (paywalled)

-----

Whateley - GAGF.

Reckon the AFL would rather pay him financial compensation than back down into a grovelling apology. Grab the popcorn...
Good on him. Well done. Like he said ‘Show us the footage of him running across 2 bays’
The AFL thinks none can take Them on. He should have set up a fund me page so he can rip them properly.
Pity worms like Whateley feed off anything the AFL says.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
Good on him. Well done. Like he said ‘Show us the footage of him running across 2 bays’
The AFL thinks none can take Them on. He should have set up a fund me page so he can rip them properly.
Pity worms like Whateley feed off anything the AFL says.
Whateley’s never had an original thought. He’s an agenda-setter, a current affairs host.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Whateley’s never had an original thought. He’s an agenda-setter, a current affairs host.
[/quote Whateley & Barrett are two peas in a pod,Virtue signalling sycophants,whose credibility is shot because their livelihood depends on cheerleading for the AFL.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Champion
May 16, 2007
Gil really is a dead man walking. He has lost the full confidence of the footy community. Needs to go by the end of the year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TigerFlag2017 said:
Gil really is a dead man walking. He has lost the full confidence of the footy community. Needs to go by the end of the year.
Yep. This hit has been terminal. It wasn't just the guards, it's the frustration built over the years about everything from rule changers, umpiring, etc that manifested itself this week. The people have had enough and interestingly the normally sycophantic media seems to have jumped on and helped deliver blows to Gil.

Benny is the heir apparent. While I'd hate to lose him, if he can do to footy what he did for Richmond then we'd all be better off. He'll also make sure the Richmond get treated fairly by the AFL.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

It's Tiger Time!
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Baloo said:
Yep. This hit has been terminal. It wasn't just the guards, it's the frustration built over the years about everything from rule changers, umpiring, etc that manifested itself this week. The people have had enough and interestingly the normally sycophantic media seems to have jumped on and helped deliver blows to Gil.

Benny is the heir apparent. While I'd hate to lose him, if he can do to footy what he did for Richmond then we'd all be better off. He'll also make sure the Richmond get treated fairly by the AFL.
He could replace Hocking with Dan Jackson for a start.

And put Jake King in charge of umpire security.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Gillon McLachlan admits his claim a Carlton fan ran to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls may not be right
Michael Warner
Herald Sun
June 21, 2019

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has admitted his claim a Carlton supporter ran across “two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls may not be right.

Lawyers for Frankie, the Blues fan evicted from Marvel Stadium two weeks ago, wrote to the AFL on Wednesday seeking an apology and formal retraction of claims he ran in an aggressive and intimidating manner towards Nicholls during Carlton’s clash against the Brisbane Lions on June 8.

Asked if he still believed it had happened, McLachlan told 3AW this morning: “That was the advice I had at the time and whether it’s right or wrong, what I think is clear is that the umpire felt intimidated and I’m not going to back away from supporting security and others who protected umpires who felt intimidated.”

The claim Frankie had run waving and screaming at Nicholls to call him a “baldheaded flog” was used to help justify the actions taken against him as the fan security crisis engulfed the AFL.

McLachlan now says the allegation is a “technicality”.

“That was the advice I was given,” McLachlan said.

“I’m sure people will work through the technicalities of whether he did or didn’t run two bays in the process of intimidating the umpire.”

Asked if he had seen the legal letter sent by top law firm Holding Redlich, McLachlan said: “No. I haven’t paid a lot of attention to it. I’ve seen it reported, yeah.”

Told Frankie was “pretty upset about it”, the league boss said: “Is he?”

Frankie’s legal team say he has been vilified and defamed and are also seeking the removal of the first and final warning slapped on him by the AFL integrity department.

Multiple media outlets were briefed by the AFL about Frankie running aggressively towards umpire Nicholls as debate raged about whether calling an umpire a flog justified an eviction.

Citing the AFL on June 11, The Age newspaper said the Blues fan was “evicted for ‘spooking’ (the) umpire by running, screaming, waving his arms”.

Broadcaster Gerard Whateley also weighed, criticising 3AW for “championing” Frankie “in a bizarre and inappropriate way” after he called the station to tell his side of the story.

Holding Redlich partner Kyle Siebel told the Herald Sun this week: “Frankie did not run across two bays of seats as has been alleged.

“Holding Redlich has written to the AFL requesting that the incorrect statements on the public record be corrected and an apology be issued.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/gillon-mclachlan-admits-his-claim-a-carlton-fan-ran-to-abuse-umpire-mathew-nicholls-may-not-be-right/news-story/09ad3a78aca6f024663e0fffb0c3bac3

-----

Why even bother to appear on radio if all you're doing is reinforcing the perception that you're an arrogant ****?

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
McLachlan is shooting weasel words out of his backend like bullets from a Browning BAR.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
tommystigers said:
McLachlan is shooting weasel words out of his backend like bullets from a Browning BAR.
Where's the flog himself in all of this? After all, he's the plaintiff.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
Chugga, chugga, chugga, chugga. Gil I hear the Karma train coming....

There appears to be a RFC logo on the train nose, with the No.17 on it.
In small print, "Thanks for listening in '17 & enforcing the away jumper"

Train has new added carriages from every club's fan base now & the media on tow in the caboose !

ToooooooooooooT ! Chugga, chugga, chugga, chugga !

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Gil is very good at digging holes, he's just digging deeper and deeper, would make a good grave digger.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Where the hell is the actual Commission in all of this. They are the governing body of the game and effectively Dill's employer.

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Polo Boy keeps reinforcing the fact that he's a totally inept flog, fortunately he's not bald.
I hope the rumour that he's on the way out is true.

Can anyone tell me what qualified him for the most important job in Australian sports administration. He continues to prove he's absolutely useless.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
IanG said:
Where the hell is the actual Commission in all of this. They are the governing body of the game and effectively Dill's employer.
Gil sits on the Commission.