The Gold Coast Rebuild | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Gold Coast Rebuild

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Thought I would get this started as all the machinations are looking like it will be a thorough rebuild with some sort of outside chance of short term success. Losing Prestia is a blow but they will get ample compensation. They already have two excellent tall options in Wright & Lynch and should also get another gun tall next year if they finish bottom 6.

Picks 4, 6 & 8 will net some serious talent, perfect position to be as the talent drops off at 9. A mix of Bowes, Sam Petrevski-Seton & Scrimshaw would be a dynamic core to get things moving. I would be holding all these selections.

Add Hanley (O'Meara compo), Barlow (late pick) & Witts (pick 27).

Use two picks in the twenties and trade down to secure Griffin Logue, spine is starting to look formidable.

Use the remaining picks on Sheer & Jacob Allison, both first round talents who will automatically add to the midfield mix.

Keep getting games into the likes of Jack Martin, Fiorini, Ah Chee, Miller & Garlett.

Persist with Sam Day who is just about ready for a break out season and do everything in the power to keep David Swallow.

Then there's Gaz, best to play him forward in order to extend his career.

I hate to say it but Gold Coast are set to pass Richmond on the ladder, it could even happen as early as next year. They have been gutted by defections but have still maintained value at the draft table. They clearly know when to hold and when to fold. By contrast, we missed the boat on Conca who once had a 4 year deal with Freo on the table, the friendless Lennon who bent the club over after being courted by Carlton and Vickery who is uncontracted and will poached as a free agent.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
bullus_hit said:
I hate to say it but Gold Coast are set to pass Richmond on the ladder, it could even happen as early as next year. They have been gutted by defections but have still maintained value at the draft table. They clearly know when to hold and when to fold. By contrast, we missed the boat on Conca who once had a 4 year deal with Freo on the table, the friendless Lennon who bent the club over after being courted by Carlton and Vickery who is uncontracted and will poached as a free agent.

That is the most scary thing. We have been able to maintain our core group of "elite" talent and look where we are. Imagine if Rance and Dusty were to leave?
Then sides who have it worse than us in terms of defections just roll up their sleeves and go to the draft as well as trade smartly and bobs your uncle they are on the right path.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Gold Coast can have all the picks they want.

Until they sort there culture out they will continue to be basket cases Bully because the cycle will just continue.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Leysy Days said:
Gold Coast can have all the picks they want.

Until they sort there culture out they will continue to be basket cases Bully because the cycle will just continue.

There's an air of change, I can feel it. With the success of GWS I think you will find GC stepping up a notch. It should also be noted that they have had a horrible run with injuries, but sometimes these things can be the catalyst for change. If I was a betting man I'd have my money on GC to be ahead of Richmond by the end of 2018.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
bullus_hit said:
If I was a betting man I'd have my money on GC to be ahead of Richmond by the end of 2018.

That's not a big statement bully

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
That's not a big statement bully

Not really when you look at the talent coming through, they're 2 key defenders away from becoming a formidable team.

houdini

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2009
boring dullsville perth
bullus_hit said:
There's an air of change, I can feel it. With the success of GWS I think you will find GC stepping up a notch. It should also be noted that they have had a horrible run with injuries, but sometimes these things can be the catalyst for change. If I was a betting man I'd have my money on GC to be ahead of Richmond by the end of 2018.
you can take that to the bank

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Well done bullus.
It's not that fn hard is it!
Develop a proper strategy don't do it half assed. Go at that strategy 100%. Not a bit of this, some of that, try this here???
Have some intelligence and common sense about it and know what ur doing. It's ur *smile* job!!

Mate I don't know how our recruiters and list managers can continually stuff this all up year after year. If u tried to stuff it up as much as that u probably couldn't. Yet they are still there still there still about to do the same stupid errors again !!!

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
BillyJean17 said:
How's this relevant to the RFC board ::). That's 10 Seconds I won't get back
A comparison of the two different approaches being taken I think.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Rancey18 said:
A comparison of the two different approaches being taken I think.

Correct, could even use Brisbane as another prime example, particularly if they dump Rocky, Hanley & Zorko.

Just one correction, Jacob Allison is in fact a Brisbane Academy selection.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Seems highly likely that Polo Boy will award the first two picks in the draft to his mate Evans. Will also likely allow a higher football department spend.

This is the AFL’s vision of an equal competition. Again. The last rebuild went swimmingly.

No kid wants to play there. No culture, no fans, no hope. The best thing about the Suns is the opportunity to win $100 by shaking a Metricon banner at the quarter breaks. Have mercy and just pull the plug already.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
These old threads are amusing. Look at everyone rushing to agree with bully that Gold Coast would be ahead of us by 2018. You can't get more wrong than that.

Reactions: 1 user