• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

The Good, Bad And Ugly – Richmond 2020 Season Preview

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Geez! Ya just had to let that gorilla out of the closet for one last look around didn't ya. Gave me massive nightmares n match day palpitations for years living through all those fade outs. Heap of bloody finals n a couple of flags n I was just gettin all comfy on cruise control then BANG out pops TF with the horror show :bash
Just keeping it real....

May we never forget.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It is a nice change from the days when opposition clubs knew all they had to do was lift in the last quarter and we would melt away.
That's been the biggest change as a Richmond supporter over the last couple of years.

2017 Grand Final, Last Quarter, still needed 10mins into the quarter before I could believe we'd win. These days, even after being down to the Cats bu 4 goals at half time, I was confident we weren't out of the match.

Reactions: 4 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dunno why I'd forgotten what the collective noun for Tigers was..... so hit the google.

An Ambush.... so appropriate, it's just what we do...:) also...
A Hide.... grown a thick one. (Us & them)
A Streak..... hmmm, hopefully we're on one and in honour of our own @Streak

Came across some pearlers for the Cats...
"Clowder of Cats"
"Cluster of Cats"
"Clutter of Cats"
"Destruction of Cats":rotfl1
"Dout of Cats"
"Glaring of Cats"
"Litter of Cats"
"Nuisance of Cats"
"Pounce of Cats"
+
"Pisś of Cats"!
Even Rebel Wilson got in on the act at the BAFTAs. “I’m wearing black because I have just been to a funeral for the show I was in.......Cats!”

“A funeral of cats” sounds pretty awesome to me.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Geez! Ya just had to let that gorilla out of the closet for one last look around didn't ya. Gave me massive nightmares n match day palpitations for years living through all those fade outs. Heap of bloody finals n a couple of flags n I was just gettin all comfy on cruise control then BANG out pops TF with the horror show :bash
The gorilla's gone. Was gobbled up by an ambush of Tigers.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The gorilla's gone. Was gobbled up by an ambush of Tigers.
Thirty seven years of gorilla, he's not gone. Mighta been chewed up a bit n spat out but he's still out there, lurking in the darkness at the back of the closet. Bastard's just waiting for us to stumble n trip n I'm hoping I've either carked it or gone all old n senile before he gets another chance at us. That way I won't even notice him n I can die happy having enjoyed another big bunch of finals n flags.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Clarkson was the master at managing the season and aiming to peak at the pointy end. Some things are out of your control but it isn't just "luck" that the Hawks were firing at the right end of the season. Nor luck that we were last year. Yes injuries play a part but it is also about keeping the group mentally fresh.
Yeah, still reckon it is bloody hard and you certainly need a bit of luck. We did well in 2019 to peak at the right time, let's hope we can repeat the effort. Everyone will be gunning for us, we have the system and the players to go back to back but we all know how hard this is going to be.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That's been the biggest change as a Richmond supporter over the last couple of years.

2017 Grand Final, Last Quarter, still needed 10mins into the quarter before I could believe we'd win. These days, even after being down to the Cats bu 4 goals at half time, I was confident we weren't out of the match.
It was the 2017 QF against Geelong when I thought we had finally made it to become a contender. When they drew level in the third quarter I turned to my daughter and said now we find out if we are contenders, if we win from here we're a chance.

Fast forward to 2019 and we are down by 21 at half time in the PF against Geelong, who were playing very well. I knew we could still win, wasn't sure we would but I knew we were far from gone.

Very different now, we are able to come back, we are able to withstand the onslaught when another team is playing very well. It is so good to be a Richmond supporter now.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, still reckon it is bloody hard and you certainly need a bit of luck. We did well in 2019 to peak at the right time, let's hope we can repeat the effort. Everyone will be gunning for us, we have the system and the players to go back to back but we all know how hard this is going to be.

DS
So far we've been following the Moggies recent successful era. Couple of years of finals followed by a disaster year n massive review of everything n then three flags in five years. Now far be it from me to be petulant, picky n fussy as I'd be absolutely stoked to match that result. But I'd be deliriously happy if we managed to sneak in a back to back for three flags in four years. Got a Moggies brother who has absolutely nil respect for our efforts these last few years n doesn't rate the quality of our list as being suitable for polishing the boots of his mob. Would love to rub his nose in another Tigers back to back, something his superior arse clown moggies failed to achieve.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So far we've been following the Moggies recent successful era. Couple of years of finals followed by a disaster year n massive review of everything n then three flags in five years. Now far be it from me to be petulant, picky n fussy as I'd be absolutely stoked to match that result. But I'd be deliriously happy if we managed to sneak in a back to back for three flags in four years. Got a Moggies brother who has absolutely nil respect for our efforts these last few years n doesn't rate the quality of our list as being suitable for polishing the boots of his mob. Would love to rub his nose in another Tigers back to back, something his superior arse clown moggies failed to achieve.
Ooh yeah, that would be nice.

Anyone who doesn't rate Richmond is clueless or delusional . . . not to mention irrelevant :cupgold

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
It was the 2017 QF against Geelong when I thought we had finally made it to become a contender. When they drew level in the third quarter I turned to my daughter and said now we find out if we are contenders, if we win from here we're a chance.

Fast forward to 2019 and we are down by 21 at half time in the PF against Geelong, who were playing very well. I knew we could still win, wasn't sure we would but I knew we were far from gone.

Very different now, we are able to come back, we are able to withstand the onslaught when another team is playing very well. It is so good to be a Richmond supporter now.

DS
Taking punches and not going down has almost become the club mantra.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I also would love nothing more than to trump that mobs era, I know a Cats fan that has been dining out on it for the last decade & still acts as tho they are a great side.

DS
x 2. i recall at half time thinking we may have blown it as the game should be over, the way we put them to the sword in the 2nd half is when i realised we were a chance at it. Up till then i was just hoping to win a Final as we had 2 cracks at it.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Taking punches and not going down has almost become the club mantra.
it is amazing isn't it, IMO it's what sets us apart from anyone else. Once we sense the oppo has dropped & go up a gear no1 can go with us.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Thirty seven years of gorilla, he's not gone. Mighta been chewed up a bit n spat out but he's still out there, lurking in the darkness at the back of the closet. Bastard's just waiting for us to stumble n trip n I'm hoping I've either carked it or gone all old n senile before he gets another chance at us. That way I won't even notice him n I can die happy having enjoyed another big bunch of finals n flags.
You can't fully enjoy the ride if you have to keep looking over your shoulder. That bastard's gone. At least he is for me.

If he ever did return We'll face him then, but for now, let's bask in the beautiful warm glow of being Premiers.

As an aside, every other team has their own secret fears. I'd rather be where we are.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
TM - he gone, done and dusted for me - that second flag did it and proved the first was no fluke. I can sit back now and enjoy the footy - if we are down during a game I am still comfortable we can come back. If we lose one week then I know the season isn’t over.

BUT back to back would be so delicious.

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The gorilla will be back but this time we will have multiple premiership cups to polish and replays to watch. But next time he will be smaller as the club has it's act together.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
TM - he gone, done and dusted for me - that second flag did it and proved the first was no fluke. I can sit back now and enjoy the footy - if we are down during a game I am still comfortable we can come back. If we lose one week then I know the season isn’t over.

BUT back to back would be so delicious.
Same here. The latest I heard is that the gorilla's been spotted around Swan Street heading towards the Holden Centre.....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We may have had a gorilla on our back but these last two premierships we were riding on the back of a Chimp

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users