The Greater Tiger? Rance or Grimes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Greater Tiger? Rance or Grimes

Who is the greater tiger?

• Total voters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
5 time AA, 1 time premiership Rance

or

3 time premiership, 1 time AA Grimes?

Some may scoff. fair enough.

But I reckon its time for this luxurious conversation

(I used to envy the Buddy V Roughy conversation so bad, I was always a roughy man)

no rules or criteria,- who you reckon is the greater.

Without denigrating Alex one bit, I voted Dylan, largely based on the combination of pleasure and pain.

also Dylans extended time down back without Alex or Dave consummated him as my greatest.

* Poll allows you the right to change my mind at any time
* goal posts may shift constantly and without notice

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tough question.
Both different. Rance clearly the better attacking player. Dylan better defensively.
if pressed & I had to pick one I'd probably go Grimes.
In 2019 he showed he could play Rance's role pretty well. Also incredibly flexibile in his ability to play on talls & smalls.
Superstars.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
deliberately no easy option Tenacious. I wanted to polarise the intelligencia :cool:

In that case I’m a Trumpster and this election is rigged

But I still do reckon that right now I‘d rate them equal
Rance for what he did over a longer period and also playing probably the bigger role in the drought breaker
Grimes more so for the more recent glory years but especially his role in stepping up and covering for the great man’s absence

Obviously I want the circumstances to evolve whereby in 2-3 years time there is absolutely no doubt that Grimes is by far the greater of the two (and that would not diminish the legend of Rance either)

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Just finished my third cuppa for the morning and having caught up on the news, both Richmond and the world, was contemplating what to do with my weekend. Had to pull the pin on the rowing regatta at Lake Barrington after young TR got injured at training during the week, so don’t really have any plans. And then out of the blue I’m hit with a multifaceted, very complex poser. Fair to say my mental energies have something to chew on for the next 48 hours.

I shall engage Deep Thought and return, hopefully with something more meaningful than 42.

• Haha
  • Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
what a powerful side hey?

I reckon we win the flag this year and we become the greatest side ever.

and we turn ourselves inside out until the end of time with these debates.

and we'll never have to talk about anything else ever again.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
In that case I’m a Trumpster and this election is rigged

But I still do reckon that right now I‘d rate them equal
Rance for what he did over a longer period and also playing probably the bigger role in the drought breaker
Grimes more so for the more recent glory years but especially his role in stepping up and covering for the great man’s absence

Obviously I want the circumstances to evolve whereby in 2-3 years time there is absolutely no doubt that Grimes is by far the greater of the two (and that would not diminish the legend of Rance either)

all right, all right, Ill see if I can add a deadheat option

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This is a democratic poll (in part, designed to keep me out of race, religion and politics)

and I have updated the options available.

I think you can change your votes if you want.

you cannot, under any circumstances though, vote if youre dead or unvaccinated. JW's and persons of Croatian appearance encouraged to vote.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Now I just hate ya eZyT. Evil man trying to make me have a massive brain fart.
Two completely different types of defenders, each equally brilliant at the way they play the game n ya want to make us choose between them.

*smile* it, I choose St. Francis. Think I might need a beer or three to make my brain stop hurting.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's Bonecrusher v Our Waverley Star. OWS never won again, so he'd be Rance.

But Dandy Andy beat Bonecrusher. Balta?

Ive allowed vote changing, so you can actually come back in 5 years and change to quintuplet premiership, 5 time AA fullback Notorius Noah Balta,

and bump the thread and claim to be a genius.

love the race of the century cox plate analogy

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Grimes. The last 2 premierships proved he made Rance look good.

• Wow

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I can’t split them. They’re both brilliant and for different reasons. Rance was our shining light in the dark days and helped to develop the tight defence we now have. Grimes overcome massive setbacks early in his career and is possibly the most underrated key defender in the competition at present, plus he has 3 Premierships.