The greatest Richmond team ever? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The greatest Richmond team ever?

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We have more great players than most realise, but we are also the best team. So even across the team and although Dusty stands out he can only do his thing with a team chock full of great players to facilitate his magic.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Actually it wasn't ridiculous at all. There was no double-chance back then. There were two semi finals, 1v3 and 2v4 and the winners met in a final. Finishing first was no different to finishing fourth. So the "challenge" rule, as it was called, was the only mechanism they had to give incentive and benefit to still finish first once a finals spot had been secured.
The only ridiculous aspect of the rule was that it meant that you didn't specifically know which game would end up being the "Grand" Final. And that just wouldn't fly today.
In any case, it would have been a useful rule in 2018 !
Funny how it was replaced with something else after the Pies used it successfully.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
must be considered the best. 9 goals to 2 in the second half after being 16 points behind at half time. Remember only 16 minute qtrs. Truly a wonderful team of players who play for each other.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
This side as much as any other side is built for high pressure finals , best or not they wouldn’t lose 2 games in a row to any of the great sides

Reactions: 1 user