• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
i stopped reading your significant contribution to this argument after the heading in your number 2 post 2019.
“Scott Morrison’s undignified dash to Hawaii.”
Did he fly naked?

But just to clarify your position, you believe climate change alone has caused bushfires and that Scott Morrison, who has been in power for all of 2 years, is responsible? So please give us your solution.
Let me guess. Sack Morrison and cancel all parliamentary holidays.
My argument is about land management to assist and combat bush fires Australia has been having since we settled.
How very wise of you to stop reading. Otherwise you'd need to confront facts.

What I posted was a selection of articles and videos which gives you a primer, the actual science going back to 1979 predictions ( I could have given you an 1896 paper when the link was first discussed in a peer reviewed paper, the motives behind denialism (money, lots of money), a balanced discussion on hazard reduction, the knowledge of experienced fire chiefs and then some political context. One article had a partisan take but others pretty much science and fact heavy. I pretty much knew you would take the exit route, that is unfortunate.

Had you read or viewed the material you would get a gist of my response. My response is based on readings historical and current. Your simplistic take is simply drawn from tired ideological talking points.

At least watch the fire chief video in full and they will debunk some of your assumptions. Two key facts - warmest year on record, driest year on record. That's why you have so much fuel and that is also why hazard reductions become more difficult as the climate warms.

Hazard reduction is part of management but the problem is increasing heat and dryness and the warmer it gets the greater the risk.

aoc1974

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2015
Gee, they're a bloody nasty mob the AFL..... thought I'd read this article previously. .. and I had.
Nice of them to repost it a month later to stick it to the supercoach!

23 years and counting: Bucks on verge of longest wait - https://www.afl.com.au/news/320577

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Chokingwood hero Travis Varcoe's done his shoulder....poor Figgy....

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to our Premiership ruckmen Nank and Soldo working Grundy over in round 2, he’ll be calling for mummy by 3/4 time.

aoc1974

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2015
Just for clarity is it this year + 7... being 8?
I was always **** house at maths but if the AFL are saying signed until the end of 2027 then its 8 I'm thinking

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
140 hitouts in the Prelim, all to the GWS mids
His last qtr was delist material.
Fatguts Mumford couldnt jump off the ground but still destroyed him.
The constant taps to his feet when they needed to score was either really poor coaching or just really dumb play.
The only time they look like they were going to score was when the ball cleared the congestion.
Personally i would've used the money on keeping DeGoey.
Moore is disaster.
Ruckman can be replaced.

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Just for clarity is it this year + 7... being 8?
I was always **** house at maths but if the AFL are saying signed until the end of 2027 then its 8 I'm thinking
2020 is the last year of his current contract and he becomes a free agent at the end of this season. So assuming the new contract starts from 2021 and ties him up until 2027.

aoc1974

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2015
2020 is the last year of his current contract and he becomes a free agent at the end of this season. So assuming the new contract starts from 2021 and ties him up until 2027.
Gee I reckon it's a huge risk thinking he's not gonna get worn down in that position. Anyway, good for us with one less club to come knocking for CCJ.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Gee I reckon it's a huge risk thinking he's not gonna get worn down in that position. Anyway, good for us with one less club to come knocking for CCJ.
I am sort of hoping Nank has a delayed start to the season so we can see CJ and Soldo. As for sniffing, Adelaide has the white stuff all up their nostrils such is their interest in CJ, they are banking on a cheap steal.

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Generally with these long term deals the $ paid increases over time so bulk of the money is given out in years 4 to 7. This way the club can manage the payments to other players.

We did the same with Martin's contract paying bulk $ early and then signed Lynch paying bulk $ late

aoc1974

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2015
I am sort of hoping Nank has a delayed start to the season so we can see CJ and Soldo. As for sniffing, Adelaide has the white stuff all up their nostrils such is their interest in CJ, they are banking on a cheap steal.
This, I reckon @caesar is when we'll see whether the strength of the brotherhood and culture will be tested to the max. There's something special about Callum and I hope he’s prepared to wait for his go at it.

Think we need Balmey to dust off his HQ panel van and spend the year on a stakeout!:cool:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Very good ruckman but they're high risk injury players. I think they're crazy.
Hopefully puts a lot of pressure on their cap.
Agree Grundy has avoided Injury so far but it will come eventually, especially as he continues to go nigh on one out for the majority of games.

He is the key to the Skunks if he goes down long term they are rat ****.

Reactions: 1 users