• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Hopefully he squeezes another higher end player out of the Skunkhouse but we all know Eddie will be all over it pulling swifty deals to keep them all.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He dominated in the GWS game but they still lost. Ruckman can be over rated.
Great move by the pies, hope it keeps them mediocre for the next 7 years

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Greedy Bundy might have lost some friendship with Gordon The Joey and Marcy Door.
View attachment 9450

View attachment 9451
Hoping Colonwood winds up seriously constipated because of this deal. Not sure Moore should be touted as looking for the fat mega deal just yet, bloke can barely stay on the park as it is.

Reactions: 1 user

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
Now all we need is the umpires to crack down on his tactic of reaching around his opponent and grabbing their jumper just under the number and pulling down on it at ruck contests, and we will have a million dollar Rickman that can't win a tap out!

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Grundy is a great player, they had to sign him for many years to hold on to him. This will cause them salary cap issues but you gotta sign these players or lose them.

We'll see if they can hold on to the rest with what is left for them to spend.

DS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Watch for North to try once again to land a good player from another club, this time Collingwood.

For once I hope they succeed and I really hope it is Moore.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watch for North to try once again to land a good player from another club, this time Collingwood.

For once I hope they succeed and I really hope it is Moore.
no one leaves to go to north.
Seriously you would rather play for $5, then go to north for 500k.
What a shitt club

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
There is an article in the herald Sun today:

'Can Collingwood call itself the biggest club?

It's firewalled so can't read what the verdict is.

From a financial perspective I reckon West Coast would be well ahead of everyone else?

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yeah it's financial.

Talks about their 3.87 million profit and 72 million revenue.

Also got off pokies and have 44.72 million in net assets, up from 32.69 in 2018 and no debt.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Watch the Pies offload some spud c-grader (Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott, Maynard, Phillips or Sier) for a first rounder like they did with Wellingham. Teams always overpay for a Pies player.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
There is an article in the herald Sun today:

'Can Collingwood call itself the biggest club?

It's firewalled so can't read what the verdict is.

From a financial perspective I reckon West Coast would be well ahead of everyone else?
More than happy for them sux over the road to tie themselves in knots worrying about who has the biggest ****, while we just roll along winning flags!:)

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah it's financial.

Talks about their 3.87 million profit and 72 million revenue.

Also got off pokies and have 44.72 million in net assets, up from 32.69 in 2018 and no debt.
Here are 2019 financials for the Melbourne based clubs, a pity Richmond don't disclose their Gate/Membership and Merchandise in $ terms so all in all just a bunch of rubbery figures but interesting all the same.

PS: Nth Melbourne too embarrassed to disclose theirs:D

1579575637414.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Grundy is a great player, they had to sign him for many years to hold on to him. This will cause them salary cap issues but you gotta sign these players or lose them.

We'll see if they can hold on to the rest with what is left for them to spend.

DS
Grundy Shmundy. Soldo will be slapping him for the next 7 years.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Watch the Pies offload some spud c-grader (Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott, Maynard, Phillips or Sier) for a first rounder like they did with Wellingham. Teams always overpay for a Pies player.
Waiting for Melbourne to line up again

• Haha

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Canberra
Interesting read @caesar, thanks for posting.

Weird that we dropped a million in corporate support with the success we've had.
We were between premierships.

The fans/members stayed loyal.

Also, the corporate spend has diminished due to political spend in an election year plus prevailing economic conditions.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geez, poor Melbourne and Carlton. Not getting much bang for their buck when spending on the footy department.