The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Went down to the club superstore today and who was there.........

None other than Nathan Buckley and boy was he making a fuss.

He'd just been told "Sorry we've sold out of "Stronger and Bolder, but we expect a re-supply mid December"!

Nathan's jaw hit the floor.

Now my memory isn't what it used to be, but I will try to quote him word for word.

"Mid December....... f%$k, .i'm trying to plan our pre season. What an I going to do between now and mid December?
Longmuir used to have a good idea where we put witches hats out and the players would tackle them........ or was that run around them...., shoot I can't remember!

He was good at reading Yellow and Black to me. He read page 12 and said hey bucks give them all a cuddle, so I gave them all a cuddle...........

Hey you wouldn't know what's on page 12 of Stronger and Bolder would you"?

One of the staff said "oh yes page 12, that's where Dimma goes around the group sticking his thumb up their bums"!

Nathan looked at him like he just had a light bulb moment and ran off out of the shop.

We all laughed and laughed!
Good one frick. :mhihi Even better now starting to notice their fans showing huge doubt everytime Figgy speaks on his plans.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
See in today's Hun that Colonwood are going to play hard ball with their out of contract players next year. If any of them start asking for too much money instead of taking unders to remain mediocre, they can *smile* off elsewhere. deGoooey n little bit More and any others can all just cop what they're offered as the club is already paying a *smile* load of other mediocre players way to much money.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
didn't want to start a new threads about this but someone else seems to be taking a leaf out of the RFC playbook. No, not another coach. I've been watching the series "Playing for keeps". Not that it's great but has some hot chicks in it :)) . Anyway, last week's episode had the coach getting the players together, they had been going through a rough losing trot, and asked each of the players to get up in front of the team and tell them something about them that nobody knows. I thought it sounded familiar...…….I'm guessing the season finale will end in a flag? :mhihi

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Buckley saying Collingwood all fired up to avenge the prelim loss and they will be more defense orientated next year.

Funny thing was the Pie supporters commentating that he said they would atone for the grand final losss in 2018 but didn't

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
didn't want to start a new threads about this but someone else seems to be taking a leaf out of the RFC playbook. No, not another coach. I've been watching the series "Playing for keeps". Not that it's great but has some hot chicks in it :)) . Anyway, last week's episode had the coach getting the players together, they had been going through a rough losing trot, and asked each of the players to get up in front of the team and tell them something about them that nobody knows. I thought it sounded familiar...…….I'm guessing the season finale will end in a flag? :mhihi
I thought Playing for Keeps was a documentary recreation of the RFC. Although I was a touch concerned when Mrs Hardwick was sleeping with Cotch

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see the stalemate still going at Chokingwood. All waiting for Greedy Bundy, Gordon The Joey or Marcy Door to make the first move.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Buckley saying Collingwood all fired up to avenge the prelim loss and they will be more defense orientated next year.

Funny thing was the Pie supporters commentating that he said they would atone for the grand final losss in 2018 but didn't

The bloke got found wanting against GWS. Out coached and out played. Supporters wanted him gone after the preliminary loss.
What else would you expect the coconut to say??
There's no upside at collingwood.
No kids coming through.
Best defender always injured.
Best forward dosent take the game seriously.
And a ruckman that wants to go back to mama.
Cant see them staying in top 4.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
See in today's Hun that Colonwood are going to play hard ball with their out of contract players next year. If any of them start asking for too much money instead of taking unders to remain mediocre, they can **** off elsewhere. deGoooey n little bit More and any others can all just cop what they're offered as the club is already paying a **** load of other mediocre players way to much money.

Makes sense. Gotta do everything to keep Cox at the club.

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah I dunno if they expected much more to be honest, probably considered anything they get a bonus.

I reckon it was a trade more designed to help a favourite son and premiership player try and get back on track than a footy move.
It's a pretty hefty price to pay to appear altruistic. .... reckon they rolled the dice to snag a flag, and as with Yarran, things haven't gone to plan.

Reactions: 7 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
It's a pretty hefty price to pay to appear altruistic. .... reckon they rolled the dice to snag a flag, and as with Yarran, things haven't gone to plan.
Given the cost what was it 2 first rounders probably not much between who got the worst deal?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Seems like the best thing to do for both parties is to move on. Sad end for Beams, hope he can get himself better.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Given the cost what was it 2 first rounders probably not much between who got the worst deal?
Looks like BrisVegas got the best deal.
But we didn't pay anything like that for Yarran? Surely. I think the horror of that deal has expunged my memory. :eek:

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Beams (almost 29 at the time) + 41 + 44 for 18 + 56 + Collingwood's first rounder from the next year's draft (2019).
It was a boo-boo the moment it happened.