The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Aah, you must be right, after all it is the party with a few cross-benchers which controls the place, not those in government with executive authority and control of the purse strings. How could I have been misled to think that those in power are responsible for what the government does?

DS

You might also like to check out the composition of local council.
After all they are the ones who issue the permits for clearing off land, roadside grazing of animals on their land and collection of firewood from roadside and national parks.
But yes, blame Morrison if it makes you feel better

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Um, nuh.

Next time you feel inclined to listen to Alan Jones, remind yourself of this,

(Unprintable due to defamation laws)

Well the good news is that climate change made it rain today to assist dulling the fires.
Thank you Greta

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Digression in this thread is still OK as long as it's related: Collingwood ---> bushfires ---> smoke ----> choking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Its extremely simple, even ignoring climate change as an issue.

1. he refused to meet with a delegation of fire chiefs who wanted to brief him about what is now happening.

2. He went on a secret holiday to hawaii to drink mojitos, while his country burnt.
1. Perhaps the various fire chiefs should have gone to their local state governments as they are the ones in charge of fire services in their various locations. Numpty federal prime ministers have to ask the state premiers for permission to offer any assistance.
2. ScoMo wasn't the only one quietly having a Xmas holiday with the family. Dan the Man was doing exactly the same thing. He's the one with actual authority concerning at least the Vic bush fires, ScoMo has none.
See on tonight's news reports that Dan n his little Noddy dog helpers are basically of the opinion that we need to suck it up n accept the fact that these massive bush fires are gunna be a regular event for eternity, because it's to politically hard to do anything serious about reducing the risk, so we'll just blame the *smile* on climate change n everyone can risk their arses during or dig deep to put a band aid on to cover the mess after.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Buckley's tweet/quote seemed like just a load of gibberish to me, trying too hard to sound impressive

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Or maybe it’s because the Greens need to blame someone for their culpability.
Blaming the P.M is an awesome strategy to confuse the ill informed and redirect what the real causes are. Meanwhile the fuel will continue to sit on the forest floor waiting for the next arsonist to light a match.

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Dont Argue, the funniest part of your post is when you talk about the "ill informed" with no self awareness or sense of irony at all. I am still chuckling some 20 minutes later. Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
In fairness, isn't the government more likely to take advice from the current fire chiefs rather than the former?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dont Argue, the funniest part of your post is when you talk about the "ill informed" with no self awareness or sense of irony at all. I am still chuckling some 20 minutes later. Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2

i stopped reading your significant contribution to this argument after the heading in your number 2 post 2019.
“Scott Morrison’s undignified dash to Hawaii.”
Did he fly naked?

But just to clarify your position, you believe climate change alone has caused bushfires and that Scott Morrison, who has been in power for all of 2 years, is responsible? So please give us your solution.
Let me guess. Sack Morrison and cancel all parliamentary holidays.
My argument is about land management to assist and combat bush fires Australia has been having since we settled.

Last edited:

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, right on!

Collingwood DO suck!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Given the crap being unloaded on him Morrison could have stayed in Hawaii and he would not be copping any higher level of critism
Spot on, let’s gets this thread back on topic, Copyingwood are sh!t.

Not sure about wanting Collingwood to be *smile*. Much more fun when they think they have a chance and they get beaten just when they think they have it.

Carlton on the other hand........

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
i stopped reading your significant contribution to this argument after the heading in your number 2 post 2019.
“Scott Morrison’s undignified dash to Hawaii.”
Did he fly naked?

But just to clarify your position, you believe climate change alone has caused bushfires and that Scott Morrison, who has been in power for all of 2 years, is responsible? So please give us your solution.
Let me guess. Sack Morrison and cancel all parliamentary holidays.
My argument is about land management to assist and combat bush fires Australia has been having since we settled.

How very wise of you to stop reading. Otherwise you'd need to confront facts.

What I posted was a selection of articles and videos which gives you a primer, the actual science going back to 1979 predictions ( I could have given you an 1896 paper when the link was first discussed in a peer reviewed paper, the motives behind denialism (money, lots of money), a balanced discussion on hazard reduction, the knowledge of experienced fire chiefs and then some political context. One article had a partisan take but others pretty much science and fact heavy. I pretty much knew you would take the exit route, that is unfortunate.

Had you read or viewed the material you would get a gist of my response. My response is based on readings historical and current. Your simplistic take is simply drawn from tired ideological talking points.

At least watch the fire chief video in full and they will debunk some of your assumptions. Two key facts - warmest year on record, driest year on record. That's why you have so much fuel and that is also why hazard reductions become more difficult as the climate warms.

Hazard reduction is part of management but the problem is increasing heat and dryness and the warmer it gets the greater the risk.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Gee, they're a bloody nasty mob the AFL..... thought I'd read this article previously. .. and I had.
Nice of them to repost it a month later to stick it to the supercoach!

23 years and counting: Bucks on verge of longest wait - https://www.afl.com.au/news/320577

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Chokingwood hero Travis Varcoe's done his shoulder....poor Figgy....

• Wow