The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to our Premiership ruckmen Nank and Soldo working Grundy over in round 2, he’ll be calling for mummy by 3/4 time.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just for clarity is it this year + 7... being 8?
I was always *smile* house at maths but if the AFL are saying signed until the end of 2027 then its 8 I'm thinking

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
140 hitouts in the Prelim, all to the GWS mids

His last qtr was delist material.
Fatguts Mumford couldnt jump off the ground but still destroyed him.
The constant taps to his feet when they needed to score was either really poor coaching or just really dumb play.
The only time they look like they were going to score was when the ball cleared the congestion.
Personally i would've used the money on keeping DeGoey.
Moore is disaster.
Ruckman can be replaced.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Just for clarity is it this year + 7... being 8?
I was always **** house at maths but if the AFL are saying signed until the end of 2027 then its 8 I'm thinking

2020 is the last year of his current contract and he becomes a free agent at the end of this season. So assuming the new contract starts from 2021 and ties him up until 2027.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
2020 is the last year of his current contract and he becomes a free agent at the end of this season. So assuming the new contract starts from 2021 and ties him up until 2027.
Gee I reckon it's a huge risk thinking he's not gonna get worn down in that position. Anyway, good for us with one less club to come knocking for CCJ.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Gee I reckon it's a huge risk thinking he's not gonna get worn down in that position. Anyway, good for us with one less club to come knocking for CCJ.

I am sort of hoping Nank has a delayed start to the season so we can see CJ and Soldo. As for sniffing, Adelaide has the white stuff all up their nostrils such is their interest in CJ, they are banking on a cheap steal.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Generally with these long term deals the $ paid increases over time so bulk of the money is given out in years 4 to 7. This way the club can manage the payments to other players.

We did the same with Martin's contract paying bulk $ early and then signed Lynch paying bulk $ late

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I am sort of hoping Nank has a delayed start to the season so we can see CJ and Soldo. As for sniffing, Adelaide has the white stuff all up their nostrils such is their interest in CJ, they are banking on a cheap steal.

This, I reckon @caesar is when we'll see whether the strength of the brotherhood and culture will be tested to the max. There's something special about Callum and I hope he’s prepared to wait for his go at it.

Think we need Balmey to dust off his HQ panel van and spend the year on a stakeout!:cool:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Very good ruckman but they're high risk injury players. I think they're crazy.
Hopefully puts a lot of pressure on their cap.

Agree Grundy has avoided Injury so far but it will come eventually, especially as he continues to go nigh on one out for the majority of games.

He is the key to the Skunks if he goes down long term they are rat *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully he squeezes another higher end player out of the Skunkhouse but we all know Eddie will be all over it pulling swifty deals to keep them all.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He dominated in the GWS game but they still lost. Ruckman can be over rated.
Great move by the pies, hope it keeps them mediocre for the next 7 years

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Greedy Bundy might have lost some friendship with Gordon The Joey and Marcy Door.
View attachment 9450

View attachment 9451
Hoping Colonwood winds up seriously constipated because of this deal. Not sure Moore should be touted as looking for the fat mega deal just yet, bloke can barely stay on the park as it is.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Now all we need is the umpires to crack down on his tactic of reaching around his opponent and grabbing their jumper just under the number and pulling down on it at ruck contests, and we will have a million dollar Rickman that can't win a tap out!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Grundy is a great player, they had to sign him for many years to hold on to him. This will cause them salary cap issues but you gotta sign these players or lose them.

We'll see if they can hold on to the rest with what is left for them to spend.

DS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Watch for North to try once again to land a good player from another club, this time Collingwood.

For once I hope they succeed and I really hope it is Moore.