The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He has absolutely destroyed that list.
Even if they got Clarkson. Clarkson would struggle with the duds on that list.
They're where we were when Hardwick first took over, Fitzroy part 2

True, not all his fault though. Absolutely terrible list management.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
True, not all his fault though. Absolutely terrible list management.
It’s funny (when it happens to Collingwood) how quickly it all falls apart. 8 games ago Collingwood beat WC in a great final in Perth. Ready for the flag they were then.

Then they lose Treloar, Stephenson,Phillips in a trade period debacle.

Then they lose their President in another debacle.

Now they’ve lost 5 out of 6 games and sit second last.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
I'd say they are setting the narrative to get rid of Grundy myself. He is clearly not happy at the moment, and I reckon the Pies would love to offload him in the same manner as Treloar. Of course, they are going to be on the hook for part of his contract, but some other team, notably Adelaide I would guess, with lots of cap space, will be interested.
You might well be right Streak. Adelaide should have plenty of cap space and picks to play with. But could Collingwood really allow itself to stay on the hook for parts of both Treloar's and Grundy's contracts over the next few years? Could be in the order of $500K pa between the 2 of them.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Think there is little point in them actively tanking for draft picks.
They traded their first pick to GWS and will need the points for all their latter picks for the 2nd Daicos............lol

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Think there is little point in them actively tanking for draft picks.
They won't need to tank, they just won't win many games with the current team. It's all about player development, or should be.

Sunday was respectable. Just a question of whether the wheels fall off totally or the young blokes take strides.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Collingwood the club that continues to give.
They currently don't have a first rounder, therefore if a club makes a play for Dacios, that could and will put Collingwood in deficit in the 2022 draft.
Who's running the show down there??20210428_144510.jpg

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Collingwood the club that continues to give.
They currently don't have a first rounder, therefore if a club makes a play for Dacios, that could and will put Collingwood in deficit in the 2022 draft.
Who's running the show down there??View attachment 12034

The best thing is, Nick Daicos won't make that list suddenly great again, they need more than 1 player but thats all they will get in this draft (bar some dregs at the end) and with where their picks are at the moment, might take a deficit of 500 points into the 2022 draft. Outstanding.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The best thing is, Nick Daicos won't make that list suddenly great again, they need more than 1 player but thats all they will get in this draft (bar some dregs at the end) and with where their picks are at the moment, might take a deficit of 500 points into the 2022 draft. Outstanding.
Its beautiful

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
How has the list manager survived? He should be the first sacked

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
How has the list manager survived? He should be the first sacked
Fair go mate. The poor bugger is doing two jobs.

AGF-l79QrgJy5-iD1GF_yVEUdhciilr5sdFKknxPvg=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Pity they get GC at the G this week , lets them off the hook.

I reckon GC are a chance this week. As L2RTR said, youngest Pies side in a few years.

The meltdown from the fans would be a sight to behold.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon Figgy is probably done unless he gets a big turnaround out of them.

That Ned Guy, guy as well as Fat Ed and his Beams idea has dead set hocussed the Maggots.

The Beams deal is the one that seemigly started the rot, and they tried to get away with it outside the cap (well played Eddie).

That is possibly one reason Eddie got the tap on the shoulder, as well as the other BS.

They end up retaining Cox, Thomas and Elliot only to lose Treloar and Phillips easily 2 of their best 2 way runners/ transition players.,and the talented Stephenson, who they had wanted for a long time.

Fair enough they got a very good handful of kids last year in the draft but they wont be carrying the Pies forward forward for another few years yet.

Time for a hard decision on their list and I think last years big hand in the draft has already made it for them along with their cap issues, its gotta be rebuild time for the Skunks on the run. I think they have no choice but to take their medicine and pull the pin for 2 years and try and get as much quality junior talent in as they can.

Id also be trading out dross like Thomas and Cox for whatever they can get for them to relieve more cap pressure.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Other clubs seem to also go in to deficit. Hard to see what the actual ramifications are (do clubs get downgraded in the draft order?).