The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Moore gets 6 more yrs 2028.
They hate losing players and give then anything they want.
Degoey will be interesting to see what they do. There version of Jake Stringer, do they commit and give him 5 yrs or watch Sydney or even Stkida make offers.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Moore gets 6 more yrs 2028.
They hate losing players and give then anything they want.
Degoey will be interesting to see what they do. There version of Jake Stringer, do they commit and give him 5 yrs or watch Sydney or even Stkida make offers.
Marcy Door was never gonna leave them.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Now Figgy has gone and Fly has brought the RFC to The Maggot Centre, they will all want to stay so someone is gonna get squeezed out.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The good thing about Mason Cox playing a good game is that he,ll saddle up again for Collingwood in 2023. Played his now obligatory one good game (actually half a good game) and now he,ll disappear again.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Where to post this ?

I came to the Collingwood thread.

Anyone hear Buckley on SEN talk about the JHFrancis situation and how he felt uncomfortable with the media focus on him.

I hate how Whateley and others drool on his every word. Yeah great player. Tremendous player but people tend to have short memories.

He talks about taking his son to the Hall of Fame awards night and how as a parent he felt the media with the talk of ‘will he go’, ‘should he go’ etc and that kids these days should respect their elders and blah blah blah.

He should have really have been taken to task of how he basically said if he was drafted by then Brisbane Lions that he would request a trade as he wanted to go to Collingwood. Yes he played well that year winning the Rising Star award 1993 and his request to trade the following year to the Pies was facilitated… what’s the difference with JHF.. the difference is JHF hasn’t said anything prior to draft night or since. Everything has been media driven by Cornes and others putting the boot into the kid and North.

I find Buckley extremely ‘two faced’ and ‘fake’. His ‘Zen ‘ like speaking I find nauseating and nothing is said how he changed to the mirror image of Hardwick in 2018 but still showed his true self soon afterwards which ultimately cost him the support of all the players and once Eddie was booted out, his job.

His lies and backflip over what occurred with Treloar was another example for me how fake he is and he and the media portray him as some ‘super coach’. How many premierships has he won???

‘Karma’ has a way or working us out for who we really are, say and do in life.

We know the story. He left the Lions to chase premierships and it alluded him not once, not twice , but 3 Times as a player and 2018 on the last kick of that GF , alluded him as a coach.

He may have won a Brownlow 2003 but even that he had to share with two others!

For me , I can’t stand listening to him and it will be the last time I do whenever he is on SEN. He may talk up the RFC as times, never hardly Damien, but that’s all because we have won three flags in quick succession and that alluded him all his career.

Media performer, sorry he ain’t!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Where to post this ?

Anyone hear Buckley on SEN talk about the JHFrancis situation and how he felt uncomfortable with the media focus on him.

I hate how Whateley and others drool on his every word. Yeah great player. Tremendous player but people tend to have short memories.

He talks about taking his son to the Hall of Fame awards night and how as a parent he felt the media with the talk of ‘will he go’, ‘should he go’ etc and that kids these days should respect their elders and blah blah blah.

He should have really have been taken to task of how he basically said if he was drafted by then Brisbane Lions that he would request a trade as he wanted to go to Collingwood. Yes he played well that year winning the Rising Star award 1993 and his request to trade the following year to the Pies was facilitated… what’s the difference with JHF.. the difference is JHF hasn’t said anything prior to draft night or since. Everything has been media driven by Cornes and others putting the boot into the kid and North.

I find Buckley extremely ‘two faced’ and ‘fake’. His ‘Zen ‘ like speaking I find nauseating and nothing is said how he changed to the mirror image of Hardwick in 2018 but still showed his true self soon afterwards which ultimately cost him the support of all the players and once Eddie was booted out, his job.

His lies and backflip over what occurred with Treloar was another example for me how fake he is and he and the media portray him as some ‘super coach’. How many premierships has he won???

We know the story. He left the Lions to chase premierships and it alluded him not once, not twice , but 3 Times as a player and 2018 on the last kick of that GF , alluded him as a coach.

For me , I can’t stand listening to him and it will be the last time I do whenever he is on SEN. He may talk up the RFC as times, never hardly Damien, but that’s all because we have won three flags in quick succession and that alluded him all his career.

Well said
Never liked the bloke and don’t ever want to either - so this is grist for the mill (as they say in the classics!)
Cheers!

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Where to post this ?

Buckley has a habit of commenting during games on obscure Champion Data style stats as to reasons why things are happening that seem to bear no reason at all as to the scoreline.

I don't mind him, especially compared to others but there does seem an indication that he has hoodwinked the rest of the media. As you point out, much of his babble now is not supported by his actions over his football journey.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Where to post this ?

He is better to listen to then Daisy Pearce

• Dislike

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Where to post this ?

Good post waiting, genuine is something that Buckley aint.

You only have to look at the dramatic change of fortune that has occurred since Fly got the head job at Collingwood.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Where to post this ?

i think Buckley is complaining about the media focus, and potential over-analysis, on an 18yo- not on his football but on him. which is probably a fair point.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
You only have to look at the dramatic change of fortune that has occurred since Fly got the head job at Collingwood.
I have enjoyed pointing out to Collonwood work colleagues that it has taken a tiger to turn around the Pie's fortunes on field.

It sours their gloating immediately and brings me joy.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Apart from the ABC, I'm not a fan of most of the media networks, but I do think social media is the biggest problem.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
i think Buckley is complaining about the media focus, and potential over-analysis, on an 18yo- not on his football but on him. which is probably a fair point.
Take that onboard Brodders but even with what happened with the Do Good Report’ and with the Indigenous boys and what they went through during his and Eddie’s tenure sometimes makes me question his sincerity with the JHF talk.

He did compare it to what he went through with the Lions going to the Pies , which for me is part of the story.

He still mentions that not if he goes that he will possibly request a trade to SA.

If he wants to relate his experience he should be encouraging all , the kid, the media that JHF should still with Nth Melb because things can turn.

Double standards. I find him disingenuous.. is that the correct word???