The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Why distasteful?
Rating women or men based on looks I know it's not an issue to most, it's not for me anyway. But it's objectification of women.

It just feeds into the way society is right now. We are trying to stamp out violence, sexual assault and sexism against women and girls and this sort of behaviour is currently believed to be a starting point for attitudes and behaviours that keep the cycle going.

I'm probably getting to be a dinosaur, but I am mostly in agreement with this stance. What we have tried hasn't worked so a new approach is needed.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It wasn't smart that we went there and cannot stand him, but did he actually do anything much wrong?

The media beatup of jack ginnivan and isaac quaynor is even funnier.

They did zero out of line, yet is was some big story - Calling them a disgrace and club in turmoil...WTF.
Correct. Done nothing wrong. Got approval from the club and didn’t get arrested in Bali.
For him that’s a successful holiday.

But at the same time, kind of enjoying the pile on.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
were they rating real people? I must admit i havent seen the video, but my understanding is they are giving women scores based on their looks? or were they just talking *smile*?

Rating women or men based on looks I know it's not an issue to most, it's not for me anyway. But it's objectification of women.

It just feeds into the way society is right now. We are trying to stamp out violence, sexual assault and sexism against women and girls and this sort of behaviour is currently believed to be a starting point for attitudes and behaviours that keep the cycle going.

I'm probably getting to be a dinosaur, but I am mostly in agreement with this stance. What we have tried hasn't worked so a new approach is needed.

This is Quaynor previously playing the same "game" with his girlfriend. Is it mature - prob not. Is something like this talking about how much a good or bad trait changes your opinion on a fictitious person - offensive or derogatory to anyone?

C'mon. No way.

It's actually laughable. No way should they have been made to apologise.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
This is Quaynor previously playing the same "game" with his girlfriend. Is it mature - prob not. Is something like this talking about how much a good or bad trait changes your opinion on a fictitious person - offensive or derogatory to anyone?

C'mon. No way.

It's actually laughable. No way should they have been made to apologise.

I don't think what they did is worth apologizing for, I just think given the fact that they have a repeat offender on their list makes it all the more center focus. So I pretty much agree with you on that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So rating someone online is deemed to be ok by a lot of people. I wonder how many of the runts would be offended by a good old fashioned wolf-whistle:unsure:

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
So rating someone online is deemed to be ok by a lot of people. I wonder how many of the runts would be offended by a good old fashioned wolf-whistle:unsure:
I don't think it's about rating people.

The game is essentially 'is this character trait attractive/unattractive, and how so?'

There's no actual people involved.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

They didn't rate real people. o_O

Anyway enough of sticking up for Collingwood. Just hate this media beat-up *smile* over nothing to generate a story.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Daddy Long Legs is now officially an Aussie. His dad looked and sounded a bit resistant. No more of that dreadful USA chant at the games now.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Correct. Done nothing wrong. Got approval from the club and didn’t get arrested in Bali.
For him that’s a successful holiday.

But at the same time, kind of enjoying the pile on.

I'm here for this take

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I reckon he isn't a bad egg like Stringer.
If Edwards & Lambert retire and Martin decides he wants to move to Sydney.
It wouldn't be a *smile* move going after Degoey. Under a real coach Degoey will show how good he is with out the bullshiit

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Apprantly he has taken time off.
He has left Melbourne
Why? Because a 26 yr old was partying. Big Deal.
Indefinite leave. I reckon he's told them to FO and will be looking at another club. Wouldn't be surprised he'll be found at another nightlife soon enough.