The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Just fluked it for the last 8 mins of 2018 GF ... on Foxtel again ... but it still puts a smile on the face
That play of McGovern to Vardy to Ryan to Sheed is bliss.
May the Ghost of Dom Sheed live forever.....

No... they were up by 5 goals against a side that struggled to win on the MCG and they still found a way to lose.
Collingwood are hopeless.
In their last 2 premierhips they had to have a Draw then to go on to win them..
Agree. They stuffed it up.

Reactions: 1 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Just fluked it for the last 8 mins of 2018 GF ... on Foxtel again ... but it still puts a smile on the face
That play of McGovern to Vardy to Ryan to Sheed is bliss.
Watched that entire match last night. .... have an unhealthy, bordering on perverse desire, seeing the pies lose again!
I know we're the inclusive club but gee, I'd struggle to barrack for us if we had Cox in the team.
He's virtually a cicus act, and possibly the most smug bloke in the game..... headwobbler!

Reactions: 1 user

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
I enjoyed Greeenwood smothering a shot at goal with his back in the last few minutes...

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bucks, some advice: leave Collingwood now! 4 flags since 1936, history is against you, Collingwood have not been a flag winning side for 80 years.

DS
Happy for Figgy to stay at Colonwood forever. They just somehow deserve one another n all the angst n heart ache they share.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I enjoyed Greeenwood smothering a shot at goal with his back in the last few minutes...
From the dud Adams.
Anyone else wouldve snapped a goal, he kicked it out on the full.

The worse part of that Grand final was he allowed the runner to take the heat for his fkup when he shanked a kick to Mr TAB.

I liked it how all year hearing how Collingwood went close to winning the flag, pity the gutless cowards didn't have the balls to say they choked again..

When you have Adams and Treloar as your main midfield engine, you know your flked.
They might get it but they always find ways to give it straight bsck...

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Watched that entire match last night. .... have an unhealthy, bordering on perverse desire, seeing the pies lose again!
I know we're the inclusive club but gee, I'd struggle to barrack for us if we had Cox in the team.
He's virtually a cicus act, and possibly the most smug bloke in the game..... headwobbler!
Yep. Along with: finger twiddler and one sock up, one sock down nerd.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Let's do our best to help Bucks continue on to immortality:)

I looked up Wikipedia out of curiosity. Lyon has been involved in 434 games as a player/ coach without a flag. Figgy is on 464. Clubhouse leader by a mile isn't he? Hopefully he gets the double in both games and years. He would be an immortal then

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I can't believe a player can walk from a contract when the front-loaded bit has been completed. The whole contract price should be divided by the number of years, and if you leave after the front-loaded potion, you have to pay the difference.
That's the player's advantage for doing a deal that helps the club, the club takes the risk to get the salary cap manipulation they need.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That's cos he's a Seppo and most of their sportsman are like that.

Look at the NFL blokes and their carry on.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Buckley giving the PM some advice on Twitter

“Leadership is hard. Put your hand up and accept what could have been done better, by you and by others,” Buckley tweeted.

“Then accept the vitriol, the hurt and the pain. Listen, understand and empathise. Then take action. Firstly for today and then for tomorrow.”

• Wow

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004

“Leadership is hard. Put your hand up and accept what could have been done better, by you and by others,” Buckley tweeted.

“Then accept the vitriol, the hurt and the pain. Listen, understand and empathise. Then take action. Firstly for today and then for tomorrow.”
Amen to Pope Figgy. I bow to your greatness.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully Figgy can continue to practice what he preaches by continuing to fail his masses thus unleashing the hurt and pain and they unleash the inevitable vitriol back at him and Edwardo the Red Face......................... He of Many Chins.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

What is buckley saying that LoCo should embrace failure and finish 2nd?

Great advice, although i dont reckon LoCo will have much say in it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Bucks speaking from heaps of experience, and years of practice.

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill

Gil McLachan is in shock
Eddie shook his head in disbelief.
They both agreed unless the carpet burns there's room to sweep some ashes.
But I'm in full agreement with what Buckley tweeted, but he forgets they're politicians he's offering advice to.
What happened to the 2009 fire aftermath Commission ? Was it for the public? How many of the findings were taken onboard and auctioned?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Serious flog be Figgy. Obviously doesn't have much to keep himself amused over summer. Not busy winning a flag for Colonwood at the moment so he's decided to help ScoMo run the country part time.