The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What’s the better way to compare our Flags with theirs i.e. to mention that
- We’ve won 2 in 2 years - they’ve won 2 in 62 years - OR
- We’ve won 3 in 4 years - they’ve won 3 in 67 years
You forget to mention without 2 draws in the finals they wouldve won one since 1963

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What’s the better way to compare our Flags with theirs i.e. to mention that
- We’ve won 2 in 2 years - they’ve won 2 in 62 years - OR
- We’ve won 3 in 4 years - they’ve won 3 in 67 years

You forgot to mention there capability to capitulate in Grand Finals.

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
They also won squat between 1936 and 1953.
So I think the best comparison is 3 in 4 years to 4 in 84.
Spot on... and some further statistics:

Pies - 4 since 1936 (84 years), 3 since 1953 (67 years) and 2 since 1958 (62 years)
compared to
RFC - 4 since 1974 (44 years), 3 since 1980 (40 years) and 2 since 2017 (2 years)

Hang on there's more:

Pies - 10 Premierships in 100 years
RFC - 13 Premierships in 100 years

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
2 in 2 years vs 2 in 64 sounds fine. Save 3 and 4 for the coming years

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
All I know is my team have won 8 in my lifetime, Collingwood have won 2.

In my daughter's lifetime Richmond have won 3, Collingwood 1.

Now, if it wasn't for those bloody Hawthorn supporters I'd be pretty close to the top of the tree.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
2015 I ❤️ Collingwood steal Treloar from under our pen
we end up with Prestia who lands us caddy for nix, then eventually Big Tom the bastard Lynch!

2016 Balme left I ❤️ Collingwood they keep Gruby the cheat.
2017 Drought breaking Flag 11. Sorry I ❤️ Collingwood, Treloar was wwwwwwrronngga!
2018 I ❤️ Collingwood 75,000 members we are the first club to reach 100,000 members
2018 I ❤️ Collingwood beat the flag favourites to loose the Gf in the last 30 second's after leading all game.
2019 I ❤️ Collingwood loose in a prelim to a side we flog by 89 points for flag #12
2020 I ❤️ Collingwood get beaten by 68 points by the team we smash for flag #13

I ❤️ Collingwood try n ditch Treloar

Serendipity!

even if a little salty!:blowingup

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Sam Edmund is running with the following...

Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"

:oops:

• Sad
  • Wow

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland

Last week Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar. He told him that the senior core of the group didn't want him around anymore. I would find it staggering (if the players wanted him out), he is very popular in that group"

I would find it staggering that either Buckley or Treloar would disclose that conversation if it happened.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Find this hard to believe.. Private conversation made public? Treloar not liked by his teamates?

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Someone get me some popcorn...this is more of what Sam Edmund said...

"What we can say as absolute fact is Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar last week where he told him that Collingwood’s more senior players didn’t want him around the club anymore.

“We were wondering how Collingwood would seek to pour more pressure on forcing Adam Treloar out — now we have our answer.

“Now they’re telling him his teammates want him out, which I find staggering as he’s a very popular player at that football club.”

Edmunds also suggested Treloar was still telling the club he intended to stay put.

• Sad

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Figgy has just hit back, no mention of Trelol being contracted and a required player. What a dog of a club, I feel dirty even posting in this thread.

“Absolute fact”...news to me Sam. The constant rumour and innuendo is disrespectful to Adam, the club and our supporters. We’ll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz and his management. FYI, our leaders don’t sit on list management, it’s not their job.

• Wow

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hope he stays. 5 years at 900k plus, he's laughing

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Figgy has just hit back, no mention of Trelol being contracted and a required player. What a dog of a club, I feel dirty even posting in this thread.

“Absolute fact”...news to me Sam. The constant rumour and innuendo is disrespectful to Adam, the club and our supporters. We’ll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz and his management. FYI, our leaders don’t sit on list management, it’s not their job.

Adz, its more like Burntz

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
This is a genuinely bad situation for the Pies.

Someone in the Treloar camp is leaking and it doesn’t look good for the club at all.

Not just an optics issue, although trying to bail on a heavily back-ended contract never looks good.

No, this exposes Collingwood as

1) incredibly poor list managers who have strait jacketed themselves out of improving their list in the same manner Geelong and Brisbane will. Grundy already looks jaded with a long term deal that already crippled Buddy and never works. De Goey is a cultural and marketing problem, a Martin-lite bruiser without the sublime record or team first ethos. Sidebottom and Pendlebury will be paid overs for what older, 30+ bodies can produce. Treloar is the flash point, such a botched situation that prospective free agents would be backing away slowly as we speak.

2) having a fake culture of empathy. Nathan Buckley is utterly ruthless in his pursuit of success. The alarm bells rang loud and clear when Geelong bent them over in the SF. He saw them slipping away on the premiership clock and most likely demanded room in the salary cap for an agile trade / contract negotiation period. A horrible, morale-sapping last match and now a cruel, callous trade period. The gloves are off and Collingwood’s leadership, lead by Macguire and Buckley, have exposed themselves as the desperate charlatans they are.

How this plays out in season 2021 will be compulsive viewing. With so many clubs doing the right things, Collingwood FC are teetering on the brink.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users