The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
What exactly did the incompetent morons at the AFL sign off on then...seriously the whole place is a joke. How Gil the Dill was seen as hero in the past year still floors me. He and his cronies like sHocking are dead set hopeless.
Yeah, it beggars belief that this detail, discussed beforehand everywhere in the media as the key component of any Treloar deal, was not agreed beforehand or as part of the trade.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If the trade happened then what were the details?

Sounds like the Pies are walking back on what they agreed.

As for the AFL, WTF?

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
So bizarre.
Why would the Dogs not have got a written agreement stipulating the payment terms of Treloars contract, with the details of both parties share?
That is amateur.
If the agreement wasn't clearly written down and understood by all parties before being agreed too and signed, this is plumbing new depths, even for the AFL. Actually scratch that its just business as usual.

Seriously they are just amazing, they walk around in suits and get paid shitloads, but they have no idea what they are doing.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
"they are at loggerheads over how much each will pay...". This makes no sense. You negotiate the deal, then you make the transaction. WTF?

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
What exactly did the incompetent morons at the AFL sign off on then...seriously the whole place is a joke. How Gil the Dill was seen as hero in the past year still floors me. He and his cronies like sHocking are dead set hopeless.
The AFL haven't signed off anything really. The trade was sort of "in principle" given it was done right before the period expired.

They had to sign contracts etc, which is the sticking point. I think Bulldogs have the whip hand here. If Collingwood don't agree to terms, send him back and screw
their salary cap.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sounds like Colonwood trying to renege on the deal as far as what the Dogs believe was the agreement. It appears neither they, nor the AFL, have much in the way of principles. Surely the Dogs cannot let themselves be screwed over this ... but not confident they are going to win on this one.
Everyone on here could see it. Any club with a clue would not have gone near Treloar with $4.5m owing over the next 5 years.

Where's Peter Gordon on this? Expecting him to be wading in huffing and puffing.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I got no idea what is going on and the trouble is I don’t think the AFL have either.

I do have an idea of what I would like to see happen - that is the doggies tell the pies to stick it and they are forced to take Treloar back - blow their salary cap to kingdom come and watch how Buckley has to make peace with Treloar.

I reckon the Pies have been caught trying the fiddle the books and have got caught.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
"they are at loggerheads over how much each will pay...". This makes no sense. You negotiate the deal, then you make the transaction. WTF?

Imagine if this happened in real life. Agree to buy a house for $600k, paperwork is created for land transfer, then come back and say, well actually now thats been done, I'm now only paying $500k.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm assuming the total amount that needs to be paid isn't the question, it's how much each year.

Pies might want to pay 800,000k next year and the balance over the remaining years etc. This would let them better manage their salary cap.

Dogs obviously want something different.

But if it really is a discussion of how much, then it makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I got no idea what is going on and the trouble is I don’t think the AFL have either.

I do have an idea of what I would like to see happen - that is the doggies tell the pies to stick it and they are forced to take Treloar back - blow their salary cap to kingdom come and watch how Buckley has to make peace with Treloar.

I reckon the Pies have been caught trying the fiddle the books and have got caught.
We hope.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Putting my tin foil hat on I have an alternate view

Collingwood are indeed causing the issue. How they want this to play out is that the AFL steps in and rule that Collingwood need to honour their part of the Treloar payment. Collingwood then states but if you make us do that then we are in cap trouble HOWEVER if you move the Beams contract out of the cap then we are all good.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Putting my tin foil hat on I have an alternate view

Collingwood are indeed causing the issue. How they want this to play out is that the AFL steps in and rule that Collingwood need to honour their part of the Treloar payment. Collingwood then states but if you make us do that then we are in cap trouble HOWEVER if you move the Beams contract out of the cap then we are all good.
That’s how I see it.
Eddies footprints all over cause of .
a) the Beams contract which they had hoped the AFL would see it their way..and
b) The amount that the Pies want to pay. I reckon they may just want to pay a small portion now and none for the remaining years of Treloar’s contract . That’s what they wanted from the start. Pay one year. The rest is paid by the other club.
They probably agreed to pay a portion for the next 5 years but their ‘books’ show otherwise. Or
c) I’m wrong and it’s completely unrelated to either.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
From Eddie this morning

speaking on Triple M’s Hot Breakfast, McGuire was confident the dispute "will get sorted out."

“The Dogs will remember those who stood by them when they had no friends and voted for them and looked after equalisation and things like that,” McGuire said on Thursday morning.

• Haha
  • Wow

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
From Eddie this morning

speaking on Triple M’s Hot Breakfast, McGuire was confident the dispute "will get sorted out."

“The Dogs will remember those who stood by them when they had no friends and voted for them and looked after equalisation and things like that,” McGuire said on Thursday morning.
He's lost the plot

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
From Eddie this morning

The audaciousness of McGuire is astounding.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
From Eddie this morning

Yes, the Dogs will bend over for Collingwood reneging because they feel obliged to Collingwood for some obscure nebulous thing that once may have happened.