The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

King Kong

Tiger Champion
Aug 26, 2016
Collingwobbles are arguing that if they got better picks they would agree to pay more of his contract.
HTF was the money the Pies were paying for each year of the contract not outlined in the email?

This stinks!

First of all the trade appears suddenly as done when at the deadline the media were saying it had fallen over............extra time for Ed?

Now Ed gets extra time from his AFL mates to try and screw the Dogs on the coin?

Pay up Fatman or you can have him back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Absolutely none of this makes sense. Not even the AFL can be as incompetent as being made out.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
I reckon you're on to something. Depending on how it plays out there 3 main possible outcomes,

1. The deal plays out as intended, treloar plays for dogs with Collingwood paying say 30%
2. The deal is voided and Treloar goes back to Collingwood, and the shitshow that would entail, salary cap, players assoc involvement, litigation,
3. AFL caves and bends a few rules to make deal happen and appease mcguire.
Can I put my hand up for Option 3.?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
They still may not get away with this, but it is very hard to imagine any other club even getting this far.

Far out!

Dev Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Surley what percentage the Pies were going to pay each year was agreed to in the trade details. I can't see how they can try and negotiate afterwards.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Smelling to me like the Woofers have been stupid enough to bend over with their shorts down around their ankles and Colonwood have spotted the perfect opportunity to get some serious arse reaming done.
Beggars belief that a massive deal like this could be done on the assumption of some crap that was speculated in the media a week before the trade.
Rampant stupidity by the Woofers to take on a $600 a year player when his contract is $900 a year without getting an iron clad guarantee that the vendor is covering the difference.
Eddeeeee will be prancing around with the biggest chubby imaginable over how this is playing out.

Yeah thats about my read too TM.

Is the big swinging dick lawyer still pres of the dogs? Gordon?

Wouldnt you reckon theyde have had time to at least get some numbers and signatures on a beer coaster?

Debacle of the highest order.

Save our Feathers campaign in the offing?

This could be eddies attempt at shark jumping.

Someones' gotta be *smile* out of this?

Its like Back to the 1980's but with the internet

tiger76

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 26, 2014
What I'm wondering is what happens now if they can't agree?

Does the trade become null and void and Treloar remains a Magpie?
That would be wonderful; however at risk of being barred from PRE, I must say I’m starting to feel for Treloar.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That would be wonderful; however at risk of being barred from PRE, I must say I’m starting to feel for Treloar.

Yeah me too.

Like the skinny orphan adhd kid at primary school in the 70's

That everyone tried to get on each others side

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
From Eddie this morning

speaking on Triple M’s Hot Breakfast, McGuire was confident the dispute "will get sorted out."

“The Dogs will remember those who stood by them when they had no friends and voted for them and looked after equalisation and things like that,” McGuire said on Thursday morning.
I hear Donald Trump is starting a TV network. Wonder if they want a footy show?

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Surely what percentage the Pies were going to pay each year was agreed to in the trade details. I can't see how they can try and negotiate afterwards.

I suspect it was but there is dispute as to what was agreed.

Was it not in writing?

If not, the trade deal is not worth the paper it was not written on and one would have to assume that means there is no trade.

If Footscray are not playing hard ball on this one they are crazy. They simply need to reply to Collingwood with the terms as they understood them and ask if the trade is still on. Otherwise, no trade. Collingwood must make this trade or their recent signings will put them in salary cap trouble, Footscray need to act like they have the whip hand.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe tigers should step in and broker a deal?

We'll let treloar play for us, dogs pay 50%, pies pay 50%

We could even write it all down in pen

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There’s no way this gets overturned. Mental health piece with Treloar and toxic workplace relations would be a disaster.

There will be a negotiator bought in behind closed doors, minimal paper trail.

Reactions: 4 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Ned guy probably made one deal with the dogs then went back to ed with a different number to make himself look good. We all know he's not good with numbers perhaps he has dyslexia.

Shouldnt this be that collingwood pays whatever he back ended for the remaining years.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
What I'm wondering is what happens now if they can't agree?

Does the trade become null and void and Treloar remains a Magpie?
Null and void you would think BR.

I’m no lawyer but I found some interesting quotes/sentences from a lawyer.

LawDepot.com

But, when it comes to complex contracts that involve multiple terms and conditions, it’s best to get the agreement in writing.

The Basic Elements of a Valid Contract​

Most contracts are routine and easily fulfilled. For instance, it’s implied that when you go to the hairdresser they’ll give you what you asked for, within reason, and won’t simply cut off all your hair (unless, of course, that’s what you’d asked for).

It’s only when the terms of the contract become more detailed—and the contract is less routine—that people should write them down and indicate acceptance with a signature.

To create a valid, enforceable contract under state and federal laws, you must include the required elements.

1. Offer and Acceptance: A contract must have an offer and acceptance. One party makes an offer (such as selling goods or services for a quoted price) and the other party accepts the terms of the offer (often by making a payment or by providing their signaturein writing).
  2. Legal Object: The object (i.e. the subject matter of the agreement) cannot be illegal; for instance, the law will not uphold an Employment Contract that requires someone to commit a crime, such as theft.
  3. The Capacity of Parties: The law uses age as a threshold for capacity, setting 18, 19, or 21 years as the age of adulthood. Once an adult, mental competence comes into play. The parties must demonstrate their legal capacity to enter into a contract; this means they have a complete understanding of the nature and effect of the contract.
  4. Consideration: Consideration is a price or value that’s exchanged for an offer. Although it’s usually monetary, consideration can be any right, interest, or benefit—as long as there is an exchange of something of value. Notably, consideration doesn’t have to represent a ‘good deal’ for either or both parties; that is a matter of judgment for the parties entering into a contract.

What’s the Difference between Void and Voidable Contracts?​

When a dispute arises between the parties to a contract, it’s up to a court to decide whether the contract is valid, void, or voidable. The main difference between void and voidable contracts is that a void contract is invalid from the beginning, while a voidable contract is initially valid but may become void later at the option of one of the parties.

What Makes a Contract Void?

If a court or tribunal rules a contract void, it means the contract has no force or effect, so neither party is bound by it and neither party can rely on it. Usually, this is because:

• The object of the agreement is illegal or against public policy (unlawful consideration or subject matter)
  • The terms of the agreement are impossible to fulfill or too vague to understand
  • There was a lack of consideration
  • Fraud (namely false representation of facts) has been committed
When is a Contract Voidable?

A voidable contract is a valid contract that is binding to only one party; the other party may choose to either reject or accept it.

A court or tribunal may rule a contract voidable under various circumstances, including:

• A party was coercing or threatening the other party into signing the agreement
  • A party was under undue influence (one party dominated the will of another)
  • Mistakes are present in the contract that affect whether one or both parties can carry out their obligations
  • A party breaches the terms of the contract
The party affected by the particular circumstance may choose to either set aside the contract or continue with it.

For instance, if you buy a brand-new vehicle from a car dealer and sign a Sales Agreement detailing the payment plan and warranties and later discover that the dealer sold you a used car instead, you are the party affected by the mistake and you can elect to void the contract. Alternately, you may decide that you got a good deal for the car and proceed with the agreement anyway.

How to Review a Contract​

Contracts can have serious financial and legal consequences. It’s important to evaluate an agreement carefully before you decide to enter into it.

Whether you’re creating a contract or signing one, you can feel confident about the agreement by following these tips:

1. Read the entire contract: Don’t just click “Accept” when you see those dreaded Terms and Conditions. Contracts can be lengthy and may include several complex clauses, but by taking the time to review its contents, you avoid missing any important information.
  2. Be clear with descriptions: The terms of the contract, including the offer, must be clear and specific. When selling a vehicle, for example, there should be a detailed description of it (including the make, model, year, etc.).
  3. Understand and clarify: Make the effort to understand your role in the contract. If there are any phrasings, definitions, or terms that you’re unclear on, be sure to ask questions. You should also ensure the other party to the contract is also clear on the terms of the agreement.
  4. Write it down: While oral contracts may be valid, written contracts are much easier to enforce because they provide solid evidence of the agreed terms. Plus, written contracts serve as helpful guidelines for actions such as payments or services that both parties may refer to throughout the life of their agreement.
  5. Pay attention to acceptance details: If there is an acceptance date on the contract, make sure to accept or reject the offer before its expiration.
  6. Know who you are dealing with: Whether you are leasing a property, entering into a partnership, or simply buying or selling an item, you should always confirm the other party’s identity before signing anything.
To me it ‘stinks ‘ the Pies & Eddie all the way.

Dogs made a fatal mistake accepted a verbal contract than a written one.
Pies easily rushed the deal through ( verbally ) as they must know they are over the cap and now coming back to the Dogs( this isn’t what the terms where agreed too ).

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s no way this gets overturned. Mental health piece with Treloar and toxic workplace relations would be a disaster.

There will be a negotiator bought in behind closed doors, minimal paper trail.
Yeah, for all of the AFLS shortcoming s I can’t see them letting a trade deal like this get overturned.