The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Might make a positive difference.

Its alright. Ed will say he's proud of Bucks for owning up and paying the fine. true Collingwood men he'll call them.
Funny you say that, Pies a coping a pasting in HS comments, yet you have the rusted on's saying, "what's the big deal, they self reported". How is it that the Pies self report and everyone else gets caught?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Barrett saying Buckley should step down for this weeks match.

He has a really valid point that seems to be being ignored in the coverage. It's irrelevant largely if they self-reported or are paying the fine themselves.
The major issue is - what are these strict AFL protocols in place for (apparently an ~36 pg booklet of rules)? Obviously to prevent the transmision of Covid into the hubs which could compromise bio-security, introduce and spread the virus. Thus undermining the "tense" conditions under which the game has been allowed to operate within in order to continue this season with all the jobs, revenue and the whole show going ahead in 2020.
Even while awaiting test results, and CH.9 FS reported Buckley and Sandersom are, you are off-limits and must Quarantine. It's possible to test negative today and be positive a day or two later (as with Connor Mckenna).

How can they both be allowed, with any scientific integrity, to coach for today's game - with all that exposure? The possible fact that Molik and whoever else played tennis are negative is also no guarantee of 100% safety for the same reasons above.

Looks highly dubious to me.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
He has a really valid point that seems to be being ignored in the coverage. It's irrelevant largely if they self-reported or are paying the fine themselves.
The major issue is - what are these strict AFL protocols in place for (apparently an ~36 pg booklet of rules)? Obviously to prevent the transmision of Covid into the hubs which could compromise bio-security, introduce and spread the virus. Thus undermining the "tense" conditions under which the game has been allowed to operate within in order to continue this season with all the jobs, revenue and the whole show going ahead in 2020.
Even while awaiting test results, and CH.9 FS reported Buckley and Sandersom are, you are off-limits and must Quarantine. It's possible to test negative today and be positive a day or two later (as with Connor Mckenna).

How can they both be allowed, with any scientific integrity, to coach for today's game - with all that exposure? The possible fact that Molik and whoever else played tennis are negative is also no guarantee of 100% safety for the same reasons above.

totally agree - it’s a minimum sanction from my perspective - self isolate from the team for 48 hours min - but then it’s Collingwood remember.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Playing the Devils advocate here..... Wouldn't that have meant Cotch shouldn't have played the other night if he'd been in close contact with his wife after her day out?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Playing the Devils advocate here..... Wouldn't that have meant Cotch shouldn't have played the other night if he'd been in close contact with his wife after her day out?

Cotch didn't breach the rules, his wife did. Nafan & his Plonker mate did.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The problem is that when Eddie says these things no one hears the little caveat of ‘unless it’s Collingwood’

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, correct as Antman said too. Assuming she was not quarantined for at least 48 hrs upon her return. But who knows?

I realised later after my previous post that maybe Buckley and Sanderson also had enough time to manage 48 hrs after a negative test. Not sure when their offence actually occured with time difference etc. But all seems dodgy tbh.

Maybe fines are over the top if constantly testing negative and not doing anything more than the locals are doing once out of 14 day quarantine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
No one thinks Bucks was “brave” for self reporting?

• Haha

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yes, correct as Antman said too. Assuming she was not quarantined for at least 48 hrs upon her return. But who knows?

I realised later after my previous post that maybe Buckley and Sanderson also had enough time to manage 48 hrs after a negative test. Not sure when their offence actually occured with time difference etc. But all seems dodgy tbh.

Maybe fines are over the top if constantly testing negative and not doing anything more than the locals are doing once out of 14 day quarantine.
I think the afl are justifiably paranoid about anyone bringing it into the hubs.... However minuscule that chance mimight be.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The City of Bayside have announced for the first time in its 87 year history luna Park will have a name change.
EDDIE'S PARK

The council will keep the big mouth at the entrance

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Until the walloping by the Weagles, the Skunks next 4 matches looked like an easy run, aside from the travelling. But Dockers put up a great performance to dack them. Think the Swans are going to make them work really hard for a win; lots of good, developing young players, Papley in form and McCartin back.
Smelbourne too. They always get up for the Colonwood match - one of their arch enemies - and absolutely need to redeem themselves after Poort debacle. So next few games not laydown mazere for Skunks.

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Ha! Fat Ed is at it again.
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has called on the media to "calm down" after Magpies coach Nathan Buckley was cleared of another COVID-19 protocol breach.

Only a few weeks ago he was the one drumming this up.

Eddie tells media to 'calm down' over breaches