The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I take no pleasure in the misfortune of other clubs...was not that long ago when we were wallowing in that same dark place.
Wow. If you can’t take pleasure in Collingwobbles down fall, what’s the point in living?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I just tell all Collingwood supporters that this is John Elliott mark 2. Also say I’m happy with this when he is defended as it keeps Buckley as coach. Most Collingwood supporters have turned on Buckley.

The Tribe were signing a petition?
How many members do they need to cause a general election?
Or has Eddie boobie trapped that to??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Collingwood supporter's are spewing they're over the cap.
They have lost a high end recruit and a Norwich Rising star basically for nothing.
But there's more. 5 drafts in a row, Collingwood have given away their first round selection's away.
Take away the F/S & Acemdey selections, what kids has Hine drafted that look any good?
Has anyone got a list of the 4 kids Collingwood missed out on when they gave away 2 for Treloar and the 2 for Beams???

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yeah, I think paying ruckmen $1m is pure folly. Your bog standard ruck gets the job done 95% as that of the “star” ruck.

I feel Ive been “woke” to NicNat recently. Flashy but he averages 5 kicks and 7 handballs a game. And half a goal a game. 1 contested Mark a game.

And he earns $1m a year! Wtf.

Nank averages 7 kicks and 7 handballs. .3 of a goal. .82 contested Mark a game.

Give me Nank anytime over Nicnat and not just because he’s half the price.
I don’t disagree about over rating rucks but Nic Nat is just about the best tap ruckman I have seen

Reactions: 1 user

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Enjoying all this.

On the one hand footy is a cruel mistress. If Sheed misses the shot in the 2018 GF and the Pies win then this whole thing would be interpreted much more kindly.

On the other hand: (a) its Collingwood, therefore derision and schaudenfreude is always on and apt; (b) they get shown up for inauthenticity time and again.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Most Collingwood supporters have turned on Buckley.
Got a feeling all supporters turn on their coach when they aren't winning flags on a regular basis. I'm particularly loving the Colonwood n Geelol supporters at the moment, they don't take very kindly to being prodded n poked lately.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I take no pleasure in the misfortune of other clubs...was not that long ago when we were wallowing in that same dark place.
It's all swings n roundabouts, the joy of being a footy fan. Happily dished it out when we were kings in the 60's n 70's. Wore it back n learnt to survive the *smile* when we were crap for near forty years. Happily dishing it back out again now that the crown is back where it belongs, can guarantee crap'll be coming back again if we stumble.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Collingwood supporter's are spewing they're over the cap.
They have lost a high end recruit and a Norwich Rising star basically for nothing.
But there's more. 5 drafts in a row, Collingwood have given away their first round selection's away.
Take away the F/S & Acemdey selections, what kids has Hine drafted that look any good?
Has anyone got a list of the 4 kids Collingwood missed out on when they gave away 2 for Treloar and the 2 for Beams???

The 2 taken for Treloar were Weiderman and Logue (as the Giants traded both picks away).

For Beams, they gave up Ely Smith and Mitch Georgiadis, but gained enough picks to bid up for Quaynor in 2018.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The 2 taken for Treloar were Weiderman and Logue (as the Giants traded both picks away).

For Beams, they gave up Ely Smith and Mitch Georgiadis, but gained enough picks to bid up for Quaynor in 2018.

Basically they have missed no-one

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What happens if Milocheck dosent sign. Does he go into the pre-season for freo??
He wants 600k.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Pies and Dogs at loggerheads over how much Collingwood will cover of Treloar‘s contract.

Cant make this sh!t up.

Total disarray at the Lexus Centre.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Pies and Dogs at loggerheads over how much Collingwood will cover of Treloar‘s contract.

Cant make this sh!t up.

Total disarray at the Lexus Centre.
geez would have thought that would be sorted out before they did the trade. maybe the pies reneged on the deal? Or the doggies sensed weakness? Bizarre

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
geez would have thought that would be sorted out before they did the trade. maybe the pies reneged on the deal? Or the doggies sensed weakness? Bizarre
Maggots probably realised they are still out by 100 -150 K probably and trying to offload it on the Dogs.

Might be time for the auditors to pay Skunkville a visit.

Reactions: 4 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
The AFL has given them extra time to sort this out. Amateur hour.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
My guess is the Pies mis-read the tea leaves, and thought the Beams salary would be counted outside the cap.

Since their pleas were rejected they still find themselves over the cap.

The blood letting may not be over yet.

Problem they have is they have already come out and said the fire sale was all about freeing up space to go after free agents.

Truth is they don’t have space to sign a rookie, let alone a marquee player.

Interesting times ahead perhaps.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users