The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
An article i just read said the Dogs assumed the Pies were paying $300k per year and have based the trade acceptance on this. (It was "rumoured" to be the offer at the time....)
Apparently now, the clubs are a way off, and in one season the two clubs are $200k apart in expectations.
The AFL extended the contract/trade submission to Friday.
I hope the Bulldogs screw them hard-core.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My guess is the Pies mis-read the tea leaves, and thought the Beams salary would be counted outside the cap.

Since their pleas were rejected they still find themselves over the cap.

The blood letting may not be over yet.

Problem they have is they have already come out and said the fire sale was all about freeing up space to go after free agents.

Truth is they don’t have space to sign a rookie, let alone a marquee player.

Interesting times ahead perhaps.

How good is it?

Its probably going to cost them another one or two senior players minimum at years end next season.

When you look at their list there aint much serious quality on it for a club that has no spare room in its cap.

They couldn't shift the Statue of Spuddery, or Thomas, and also lost 3 of their best runners and goal kicking mids.

By the time they can get a Marquee in, (without shedding another 3-4 senior players) Pendles, Sidebottom will likely be gone and so will a couple of others.

They might just have hobbled themselves and ruined their window....... :))

Long may this cripple them.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Smelling to me like the Woofers have been stupid enough to bend over with their shorts down around their ankles and Colonwood have spotted the perfect opportunity to get some serious arse reaming done.
Beggars belief that a massive deal like this could be done on the assumption of some crap that was speculated in the media a week before the trade.
Rampant stupidity by the Woofers to take on a $600 a year player when his contract is $900 a year without getting an iron clad guarantee that the vendor is covering the difference.
Eddeeeee will be prancing around with the biggest chubby imaginable over how this is playing out.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
So bizarre.
Why would the Dogs not have got a written agreement stipulating the payment terms of Treloars contract, with the details of both parties share?
That is amateur.

Reactions: 4 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
What exactly did the incompetent morons at the AFL sign off on then...seriously the whole place is a joke. How Gil the Dill was seen as hero in the past year still floors me. He and his cronies like sHocking are dead set hopeless.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Pretty funny that all the list management 'experts' .... ie: Rendell, Pelchen, SoS etc were falling over eachother, rushing to crown Sam Power the king of the trade period.
Anyway, as we know, it'll all be resolved when Eddie rolls over in the morning and tells Gil.... "Listen up, this is what we're doing!"

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's too much power and not enough glory under Eddie's leadership at the Carrinbush.

Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
geez would have thought that would be sorted out before they did the trade. maybe the pies reneged on the deal? Or the doggies sensed weakness? Bizarre
Exactly.
This stuff you sort out before trade.
Why are there problems now?
My money is on the Pies.

More salary cap issues???

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shouldn’t be giving them no extra time.
Fine them $
Fine them draft picks.
The Treloar deal was supposedly done in the last 60 seconds of the trade period. If it wasn't finalised properly it should be made null and void.

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I know we say this repeatedly but this is yet another example of complete amateur hour at the AFL. Like others have said, what the hell did they sign off?

Reactions: 6 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
So bizarre.
Why would the Dogs not have got a written agreement stipulating the payment terms of Treloars contract, with the details of both parties share?
That is amateur.
Yep. But if there is some communication with this as part of the deal and the Pies haven’t expressly knocked it back it’s the Pies that will be on the hook. The AFL can’t have a trade be reneged 7 days after the fact and all the other fallout that will go with it. Pies will pay one way or another.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So what happens if they don’t get to an agreement?
Dogs are screwed by the sounds of it.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Smelling to me like the Woofers have been stupid enough to bend over with their shorts down around their ankles and Colonwood have spotted the perfect opportunity to get some serious arse reaming done.
Beggars belief that a massive deal like this could be done on the assumption of some crap that was speculated in the media a week before the trade.
Rampant stupidity by the Woofers to take on a $600 a year player when his contract is $900 a year without getting an iron clad guarantee that the vendor is covering the difference.
Eddeeeee will be prancing around with the biggest chubby imaginable over how this is playing out.
And I thought a trade occurred only when verifiable contractual paperwork had been lodged with officialdom, that being the AFL.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
And I thought a trade occurred only when verifiable contractual paperwork had been lodged with officialdom, that being the AFL.

Irrespective of when the trade gets ratified, I agree. It is incomprehensible to me that a trade is even considered to have been done without some form of contractual paperwork being signed before the deadline by both parties. That would surely sort this mess out.

Reactions: 1 users