The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The skeptic in me reckons this strategy was premeditated well in advance

I reckon you're on to something. Depending on how it plays out there 3 main possible outcomes,

1. The deal plays out as intended, treloar plays for dogs with Collingwood paying say 30%
2. The deal is voided and Treloar goes back to Collingwood, and the shitshow that would entail, salary cap, players assoc involvement, litigation,
3. AFL caves and bends a few rules to make deal happen and appease mcguire.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon you're on to something. Depending on how it plays out there 3 main possible outcomes,

1. The deal plays out as intended, treloar plays for dogs with Collingwood paying say 30%
2. The deal is voided and Treloar goes back to Collingwood, and the shitshow that would entail, salary cap, players assoc involvement, litigation,

So short story - 3 then??

Reactions: 4 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I know it's been said before, but wouldn't Treloar like to zip back to 2015 in his hot tub time machine.
You reap what you sow fella.;)

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Collingwobbles are arguing that if they got better picks they would agree to pay more of his contract.
HTF was the money the Pies were paying for each year of the contract not outlined in the email?

This stinks!

First of all the trade appears suddenly as done when at the deadline the media were saying it had fallen over............extra time for Ed?

Now Ed gets extra time from his AFL mates to try and screw the Dogs on the coin?

Pay up Fatman or you can have him back.

Last edited:

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Absolutely none of this makes sense. Not even the AFL can be as incompetent as being made out.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Can I put my hand up for Option 3.?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
They still may not get away with this, but it is very hard to imagine any other club even getting this far.

Far out!

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Surley what percentage the Pies were going to pay each year was agreed to in the trade details. I can't see how they can try and negotiate afterwards.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Smelling to me like the Woofers have been stupid enough to bend over with their shorts down around their ankles and Colonwood have spotted the perfect opportunity to get some serious arse reaming done.
Beggars belief that a massive deal like this could be done on the assumption of some crap that was speculated in the media a week before the trade.
Rampant stupidity by the Woofers to take on a $600 a year player when his contract is $900 a year without getting an iron clad guarantee that the vendor is covering the difference.
Eddeeeee will be prancing around with the biggest chubby imaginable over how this is playing out.

Yeah thats about my read too TM.

Is the big swinging *smile* lawyer still pres of the dogs? Gordon?

Wouldnt you reckon theyde have had time to at least get some numbers and signatures on a beer coaster?

Debacle of the highest order.

Save our Feathers campaign in the offing?

This could be eddies attempt at shark jumping.

Someones' gotta be *smile* out of this?

Its like Back to the 1980's but with the internet

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
What I'm wondering is what happens now if they can't agree?

Does the trade become null and void and Treloar remains a Magpie?
That would be wonderful; however at risk of being barred from PRE, I must say I’m starting to feel for Treloar.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That would be wonderful; however at risk of being barred from PRE, I must say I’m starting to feel for Treloar.

Yeah me too.

Like the skinny orphan adhd kid at primary school in the 70's

That everyone tried to get on each others side

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
From Eddie this morning

speaking on Triple M’s Hot Breakfast, McGuire was confident the dispute "will get sorted out."

“The Dogs will remember those who stood by them when they had no friends and voted for them and looked after equalisation and things like that,” McGuire said on Thursday morning.
I hear Donald Trump is starting a TV network. Wonder if they want a footy show?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Surely what percentage the Pies were going to pay each year was agreed to in the trade details. I can't see how they can try and negotiate afterwards.

I suspect it was but there is dispute as to what was agreed.

Was it not in writing?

If not, the trade deal is not worth the paper it was not written on and one would have to assume that means there is no trade.

If Footscray are not playing hard ball on this one they are crazy. They simply need to reply to Collingwood with the terms as they understood them and ask if the trade is still on. Otherwise, no trade. Collingwood must make this trade or their recent signings will put them in salary cap trouble, Footscray need to act like they have the whip hand.

DS

Reactions: 6 users