The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe tigers should step in and broker a deal?

We'll let treloar play for us, dogs pay 50%, pies pay 50%

We could even write it all down in pen

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There’s no way this gets overturned. Mental health piece with Treloar and toxic workplace relations would be a disaster.

There will be a negotiator bought in behind closed doors, minimal paper trail.

Reactions: 4 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Ned guy probably made one deal with the dogs then went back to ed with a different number to make himself look good. We all know he's not good with numbers perhaps he has dyslexia.

Shouldnt this be that collingwood pays whatever he back ended for the remaining years.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What I'm wondering is what happens now if they can't agree?

Does the trade become null and void and Treloar remains a Magpie?
Null and void you would think BR.

I’m no lawyer but I found some interesting quotes/sentences from a lawyer.

LawDepot.com

But, when it comes to complex contracts that involve multiple terms and conditions, it’s best to get the agreement in writing.

The Basic Elements of a Valid Contract​

Most contracts are routine and easily fulfilled. For instance, it’s implied that when you go to the hairdresser they’ll give you what you asked for, within reason, and won’t simply cut off all your hair (unless, of course, that’s what you’d asked for).

It’s only when the terms of the contract become more detailed—and the contract is less routine—that people should write them down and indicate acceptance with a signature.

To create a valid, enforceable contract under state and federal laws, you must include the required elements.

1. Offer and Acceptance: A contract must have an offer and acceptance. One party makes an offer (such as selling goods or services for a quoted price) and the other party accepts the terms of the offer (often by making a payment or by providing their signaturein writing).
  2. Legal Object: The object (i.e. the subject matter of the agreement) cannot be illegal; for instance, the law will not uphold an Employment Contract that requires someone to commit a crime, such as theft.
  3. The Capacity of Parties: The law uses age as a threshold for capacity, setting 18, 19, or 21 years as the age of adulthood. Once an adult, mental competence comes into play. The parties must demonstrate their legal capacity to enter into a contract; this means they have a complete understanding of the nature and effect of the contract.
  4. Consideration: Consideration is a price or value that’s exchanged for an offer. Although it’s usually monetary, consideration can be any right, interest, or benefit—as long as there is an exchange of something of value. Notably, consideration doesn’t have to represent a ‘good deal’ for either or both parties; that is a matter of judgment for the parties entering into a contract.

What’s the Difference between Void and Voidable Contracts?​

When a dispute arises between the parties to a contract, it’s up to a court to decide whether the contract is valid, void, or voidable. The main difference between void and voidable contracts is that a void contract is invalid from the beginning, while a voidable contract is initially valid but may become void later at the option of one of the parties.

What Makes a Contract Void?

If a court or tribunal rules a contract void, it means the contract has no force or effect, so neither party is bound by it and neither party can rely on it. Usually, this is because:

• The object of the agreement is illegal or against public policy (unlawful consideration or subject matter)
  • The terms of the agreement are impossible to fulfill or too vague to understand
  • There was a lack of consideration
  • Fraud (namely false representation of facts) has been committed
When is a Contract Voidable?

A voidable contract is a valid contract that is binding to only one party; the other party may choose to either reject or accept it.

A court or tribunal may rule a contract voidable under various circumstances, including:

• A party was coercing or threatening the other party into signing the agreement
  • A party was under undue influence (one party dominated the will of another)
  • Mistakes are present in the contract that affect whether one or both parties can carry out their obligations
  • A party breaches the terms of the contract
The party affected by the particular circumstance may choose to either set aside the contract or continue with it.

For instance, if you buy a brand-new vehicle from a car dealer and sign a Sales Agreement detailing the payment plan and warranties and later discover that the dealer sold you a used car instead, you are the party affected by the mistake and you can elect to void the contract. Alternately, you may decide that you got a good deal for the car and proceed with the agreement anyway.

How to Review a Contract​

Contracts can have serious financial and legal consequences. It’s important to evaluate an agreement carefully before you decide to enter into it.

Whether you’re creating a contract or signing one, you can feel confident about the agreement by following these tips:

1. Read the entire contract: Don’t just click “Accept” when you see those dreaded Terms and Conditions. Contracts can be lengthy and may include several complex clauses, but by taking the time to review its contents, you avoid missing any important information.
  2. Be clear with descriptions: The terms of the contract, including the offer, must be clear and specific. When selling a vehicle, for example, there should be a detailed description of it (including the make, model, year, etc.).
  3. Understand and clarify: Make the effort to understand your role in the contract. If there are any phrasings, definitions, or terms that you’re unclear on, be sure to ask questions. You should also ensure the other party to the contract is also clear on the terms of the agreement.
  4. Write it down: While oral contracts may be valid, written contracts are much easier to enforce because they provide solid evidence of the agreed terms. Plus, written contracts serve as helpful guidelines for actions such as payments or services that both parties may refer to throughout the life of their agreement.
  5. Pay attention to acceptance details: If there is an acceptance date on the contract, make sure to accept or reject the offer before its expiration.
  6. Know who you are dealing with: Whether you are leasing a property, entering into a partnership, or simply buying or selling an item, you should always confirm the other party’s identity before signing anything.
To me it ‘stinks ‘ the Pies & Eddie all the way.

Dogs made a fatal mistake accepted a verbal contract than a written one.
Pies easily rushed the deal through ( verbally ) as they must know they are over the cap and now coming back to the Dogs( this isn’t what the terms where agreed too ).

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s no way this gets overturned. Mental health piece with Treloar and toxic workplace relations would be a disaster.

There will be a negotiator bought in behind closed doors, minimal paper trail.
Yeah, for all of the AFLS shortcoming s I can’t see them letting a trade deal like this get overturned.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Maybe Collingwood were ahead of the curve.

Its just so glorious to wake up, make a coffee, open the paper,

And see Collingwood is a euphemism for moronic institute

I might pop the '20 gf replay on and finish the paper. Might have a second coffee.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008

I might pop the '20 gf replay on and finish the paper. Might have a second coffee.
Wait another 116 minutes and make it a rum. Or, pretend you're in New Zealand.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Shouldnt this be that collingwood pays whatever he back ended for the remaining years.

Ned guy probably made one deal with the dogs then went back to ed with a different number to make himself look good. We all know he's not good with numbers perhaps he has dyslexia.

I reckon youre on the money Butch.

I think collingwood are almost certainly guilty of disloyal double dealing underhand bald-faced lying and cheating

And Footscray are guilty of unfathomable gullibility and unprofessionalism

Good off-season entertainment

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wait another 116 minutes and make it a rum. Or, pretend you're in New Zealand.

RfC should have the GF replay on a bigscreen in the middle of PRO on loop.

So we can wander in, take a seat in the JDS, and workshop new insults for collingwood.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

I refer to the elders and even Pops reckons this is as good as time it ever been to be a Tiger.

The fact that Carlton, Collingwood & Essendon are basket cases is almost too sweet.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I refer to the elders and even Pops reckons this is as good as time it ever been to be a Tiger.

The fact that Carlton, Collingwood & Essendon are basket cases is almost too sweet.
... and don't forget the current state of Geelong

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Yep. I was talking to my 82 yo uncle yesterday. Hes been at the MCG to witness 7 richmond premierships.

He said its the most glorious time to be a tiger.

God i cant stop smiling. A couple of strangers in the pub tried to rub me for luck last night. I asked them if they were sisters and politely told them it was inappropriate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep... and then Treloar will feel done over by both the Pies and the Dogs LOL
Phhhhht. Bloke who ruffles the Cotch's do, gets all he deserves. No flags n now there's two clubs that don't really want him.
That would be wonderful; however at risk of being barred from PRE, I must say I’m starting to feel for Treloar.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
... and don't forget the current state of Geelong
Being one of the elders Scoop speaks of, Geelong weren't much to worry about. The newer rivalries are Hawthorn and Geelong. The Footscray one is bubbling under the surface. I'm even tempted to add Essendon as a newer rivalry, stemming from the 80s.

Seeing Carlton and Collingwood being *smile* is very nearly as good as us being undisputed Kings of the Jungle for the last half a decade.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Maybe Collingwood were ahead of the curve.
Thanks for posting that TF.
Was trying to find that article to post here as it’s so relevant and we could find ourselves with more clubs in the coming years to be in some strife due to COVID and loss in $$$$$$$

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep. I was talking to my 82 yo uncle yesterday. Hes been at the MCG to witness 7 richmond premierships.

He said its the most glorious time to be a tiger.

God i cant stop smiling. A couple of strangers in the pub tried to rub me for luck last night. I asked them if they were sisters and politely told them it was inappropriate.
Obviously you didn’t practice ‘social distancing ‘ Ezy.

Did you apply the 1.5 metre rule or was that junior Ezyt.?

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
What I'm wondering is what happens now if they can't agree?

Does the trade become null and void and Treloar remains a Magpie?
That would remain the current legally binding contract, so one would suggest “yes”