The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How can the deal not be completed?
Isn't there a deadline?
The AFL makes rules on the run.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sounds like agreement by creeping assumption isnt confined to public servants.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
How can the deal not be completed?
Isn't there a deadline?
The AFL makes rules on the run.

Spot on, it just does not make sense. The clubs are required to lodge paperwork prior to the deadline are they not, how can that paperwork not include details about how much each club is paying. Laughably unprofessional from the clubs and the AFL.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Spot on, it just does not make sense. The clubs are required to lodge paperwork prior to the deadline are they not, how can that paperwork not include details about how much each club is paying. Laughably unprofessional from the clubs and the AFL.

Mickey mouse shiit
Players would miss been traded because of Fax's running slow.
Now we have clubs, 2 weeks after a cut off still working out the deal.
Seriously if this isn't the worse group of AFL admin, i would go he.
At least under Oakley, Jackson and even Hamilton things were done more efficiently.
Gilligan needs to resign and take that Muppet Hocking with him

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

McGuire has alot of power.
Do you think any other club would get away with it?
Imagine if it was Carlton dealing with Hawthorn 2 weeks after the trade period finished.
McGuire would be losing his nut.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Maybe the pies conveniently lost that piece of paper that had the payments written on it and forgot to submit it

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I still think the dogs expected even payments across the 5 years whereas the Pies are trying to pay the amount in a lump sum or something.

Something that would make it easier for the pies to manage but far tougher for the dogs.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geez I hope the bastards implode and drop to the basement and stay there for 10 years ala Carlton.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geez I hope the bastards implode and drop to the basement and stay there for 10 years ala Carlton.
Don’t be silly.

Carlton have been in the basement for 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Don’t be silly.

Carlton have been in the basement for 20 years.
Carlton and Collingwood in the basement together? Reminds me of the story told by Raoul Silva to James Bond in Skyfall about rats eating rats.

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The neglect here appears to be the AFL’s in that it ratified the deal before an agreement on salary payment was actually reached.
Wouldn’t surprise if Gil allows one or both clubs to fudge on the TPP to see the transfer in place and agreement all round.
Fudge on the TPP. ✔️

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The neglect here appears to be the AFL’s in that it ratified the deal before an agreement on salary payment was actually reached.
Wouldn’t surprise if Gil allows one or both clubs to fudge on the TPP to see the transfer in place and agreement all round.
Fudge on the TPP. ✔️

The one thing we can understand in this unfathomable mess,

Is if theres AFL arses to be covered, theylle be covered

We went easy on the least accountable and transparent organisation in the land through season 2020,

But its season 2021 now.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fudge on the TPP. ✔️
Nothing would surprise me with Gil and the Filth, it was Gil when he was 2IC who helped McGuire get the sweetheart deal for their members at the MCG :mad:

• Angry

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It continues to get better.
The Filth have missed out on another player, ruckman Paul Tsapatolis after talking to quite a few clubs signed on as a Cat B with Geelong, he barracked for the Pies. :rotfl1

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It continues to get better.
The Filth have missed out on another player, ruckman Paul Tsapatolis after talking to quite a few clubs signed on as a Cat B with Geelong, he barracked for the Pies. :rotfl1
Realised he's got a long way to go before he gets past Cox!:rolleyes:

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Geoff Walsh has retired so they are looking for a new football manager,....that’s not going to help in the short term

I'm calling it bull *smile* ..... reckon Eddie gave him the arse since he told the 'truth' and said they never chased Tom Lynch:))

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Walsh the bloke is a disaster.
How the *smile* he stayed in football this long has me fkled.
And for Langdon, his knee has been fllked since 2018.
Thats another player they kept because they were scared he would go to Sydney.
They hd 2 blokes that were finished 2 year's ago eating away more then 1.4 mill year doing sweet FA.