The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Already has been for ages.

Hence Figgy is untouchable.

If he is fair dickum when Buckley goes he should follow.
It was a disaster of a decision to replace Malthouse when he had a side capable of winning multiple flags to be interrupted mid term for his mate to take over.
All we are seeing now is a side that thought it was close to winning a premiership scrabbling to balance the books after some massive administered errors.
No-one in the real world would survive keeping their jobs with such errors.
The longer Buckley and McGuire stay together the better for us. Winning premierships isn't won my back ending contacts, giving away your future draft picks and losing players loved by his teammate's.
They will struggle from this. They might start off strong like they always do but as soon as they hit a bad patch the media will hunt them down like vultures.
I reckom they will struggle to make the 8 and even if they do they will exit very quickly.
I don't have Dacios and Callum Brown players that can make them a top 4 side let alone a premiership side.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As good as the Daicos and Brown boys might end up being they are'nt there now, and are not going to bring to their side what Treloar Stephenson and Phillips do at this moment, and the Maggots list is geared around right this moment they are not built for finals in 3 years they are in now or never territory and hopefully they just torpedoed themselves.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yes torpedoed, bombed and slaughtered their team in one trade period - don’t you love it.

Has the AFL given them another weeks extension to finish their homework with the dogs - what a joke this has become.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yes torpedoed, bombed and slaughtered their team in one trade period - don’t you love it.

Has the AFL given them another weeks extension to finish their homework with the dogs - what a joke this has become.
Unbelievable isn’t it.
What sporting organisation allows this crap to happen and worse of all the two parties have yet to sort out the contract.
Laughing stock.

Get on with it AFL.
Why give them more time on top of already giving them time. ?
Nearing two weeks .....

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Unbelievable isn’t it.
What sporting organisation allows this crap to happen and worse of all the two parties have yet to sort out the contract.
Laughing stock.

Get on with it AFL.
Nearing two weeks .....
Yep. Just dend him back to the pies

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I gather from the past few posts that the Treloar salary matter has yet to be resolved by Collingwood and Footscray.

Do we know this for sure? I only ask because I would have thought for certain our fearless media scribes would be all over it.

If it is true that no agreement has yet been reached, then, for the integrity of the competition, serious questions need to be asked.

Who has the cajones to ask them?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I gather from the past few posts that the Treloar salary matter has yet to be resolved by Collingwood and Footscray.

Do we know this for sure? I only ask because I would have thought for certain our fearless media scribes would be all over it.

If it is true that no agreement has yet been reached, then, for the integrity of the competition, serious questions need to be asked.

On tonight's news, that Peter Gordon bloke is standing down from the Woofers presidency at the end of this year, he mentioned that the two clubs would be working through the details of the negotiations professionally, openly and honestly. Sounded to me like the Woofers were planning on bending over just a little bit more. Just to keep their great mate Eddeeeee happy of course.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Unbelievable isn’t it.
Laughing stock.

Get on with it AFL.
Nearing two weeks .....
There is a rumour if Collingwood free up more cap space, they are going after Boak.
They are allowed to trade til the start of the 2021 season.
Eddie told me

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

No-one in the media attacks Collingwood because they will be on job keeper.
Where's Damo??
Where's Mark Stevens?
Where's Robbo?
These 3 always feed off these stories but for this one theyre all MIA.

• Angry

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It's more then 2 weeks, since the dodgy deal was done.
Collingwood bent Footscary over.
And now they're on the verge of signing off.
I think Collingwood will end up only paying part of Treloar's contract for 2 years and Footscary will be responsible for the entire amount for the last 3.
2021 foots 500 Coll 350-400
2022 foots 500 coll 350-400
2023 Footscary 800k
2024 Footscary 700k
2025 Footscary 700k.

This would go down as the worse player contact in the history of the game.
Treloar isnt worth more then 450k in today's market.
Footscary should've stayed out if it. Plain and simple

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yes and an Age piece yesterday on the same story had Eddie gushing over how good Gordon has been for the doggies.

All I know is something shifty is going on - can smell it a mile away.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It's more then 2 weeks, since the dodgy deal was done.
Collingwood bent Footscary over.
And now they're on the verge of signing off.
I think Collingwood will end up only paying part of Treloar's contract for 2 years and Footscary will be responsible for the entire amount for the last 3.
2021 foots 500 Coll 350-400
2022 foots 500 coll 350-400
2023 Footscary 800k
2024 Footscary 700k
2025 Footscary 700k.

This would go down as the worse player contact in the history of the game.
Treloar isnt worth more then 450k in today's market.
Footscary should've stayed out if it. Plain and simple
Only one winner out of that. Trealor

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond

What’s the point of having a “trade period” or a deadline if it’s ok to negotiate a trade after the deadline? AFL should fine them both and declare the whole thing null and void , with extra punitive fines for Collingwood for be so .... Collingwood

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What’s the point of having a “trade period” or a deadline if it’s ok to negotiate a trade after the deadline? AFL should fine them both and declare the whole thing null and void , with extra punitive fines for Collingwood for be so .... Collingwood

Who's going to fine Collingwood?
Gilligan?? Hocking??
They haven't got the balls to do it.
If it was Adelaide or Melbourne
They would've been hit with draft sanctions and a decent fine.
Its not like no-one knows the dealings are still going on.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
When does their special deadline exemption run out?

Edit, just read Peter Gordon said there is no deadline. WTF

• Wow