The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Reckon Australia’s greatest hypocrite did a great job of turning the Pues around early days , however Ed’s big fat ego had him stay way over his use by date , leaving the Pies balancing in mediocrity.

one flag in 21 years dosent cut it with the resources the Pies have above and below the table .

In Peggy we trust

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive backed the Pies to win the wooden spoon in 2021

way less ambitious than 3, 0, 75000

• Haha
  • Love

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I reckon they got done for the cap but it was all kept in house and what we are seeing now is the fall out from it.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Collingwood have played in 24 grand finals since 1936,

lost 18 and drawn 2 :banana

• Haha

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
It may well have been posted here but I saw a graphic of their 2015-19 1st round draft picks. Two went on Treloar , two on Beams and the other one they used to pick Stephenson.
Whoever is responsible for that surely has to go

He is going. In a year.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Your Collingwood mate

This Collingwood mate is the only Pies supporter I almost feel sorry for. Really nice bloke and great to talk footy with, a real student of the game.

Ever since he has been able to afford it, flies over for the GF if the Pies are in it. Has been to 5 for 4 losses and a draw. Even he laughs about that.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This Collingwood mate is the only Pies supporter I almost feel sorry for. Really nice bloke and great to talk footy with, a real student of the game.

diagnosis on the internet can be problematic,

but I'd suggest your friend is a trans-supporter.

Its surprisingly common and in the last few years, as its become better understood,

many have successfully undergone the transition process to Richmond supporters

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sorry guys.
That's my best GF (in my life time) no other comes close
(73,74,17,19 or 20) .

Beating Collingwood is the happiest days in my life.
I reckon last night was about the 10th time I've watched it zips. It was huge for me too, I had that many mates and work mates that barracked for Collingwood, I was dreading the thought that we might lose.
Gee we had some hard ruthless players. There was none harder than Malthouse, he and Woosha, Bourkey, Smithy (he gave Rene Kink a bath), the General (he flogged Peter Moore), the Ghost, Bazza Rowlings and little Flea (the next best tackler I've seen behind Maurice Rioli), they'd all go straight threw you if you were in the way.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I reckon last night was about the 10th time I've watched it zips. It was huge for me too, I had that many mates and work mates that barracked for Collingwood, I was dreading the thought that we might lose.
Gee we had some hard ruthless players. There was none harder than Malthouse, he and Woosha, Bourkey, Smithy (he gave Rene Kink a bath), the General (he flogged Peter Moore), the Ghost, Bazza Rowlings and little Flea (the next best tackler I've seen behind Maurice Rioli), they'd all go straight threw you if you were in the way.
The other thing about that grand final was that the two biggest media people in the game at that time were Jack Dyer and Lou Richards and they sparred all week making it great theatre.
Louie was mouthing off about how they were going to smash us !!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Eddies' ego is audible in his long range retirement speech

Hows when he says 'I have assured government .......'

what? he waved to Yarra City councillor across Hoddle St. ?

*smile* off Eddie.

If there was a board game called 'opposite people',

you'de get maximum points for laying down the pair of Eddie McGuire and Peggy O'Neal cards

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sorry guys.
That's my best GF (in my life time) no other comes close
(73,74,17,19 or 20) .

Beating Collingwood is the happiest days in my life.
It's on again in 1 hour zips, and I'm going to watch it. I never tire of watching the mighty Tiges flog the Filth. :banana :cupgold :banana
Check out Robbie Wiley's 3 goals, a right footer, he slotted 2 on his left.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I knocked off work at 2pm that day. Couldn't go home and watch on the telly. I was so nervous.

I drove around Melbourne streets listening to it on the car radio.

At half time I went home and enjoyed the second half on the box.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I knocked off work at 2pm that day. Couldn't go home and watch on the telly. I was so nervous.

I drove around Melbourne streets listening to it on the car radio.

At half time I went home and enjoyed the second half on the box.
Just watching it again on FoxFooty, 4.5 to 2.6 in the 1st quarter. Not much has changed, the Filths 2 goals have come from free kicks.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Eddies' ego is audible in his long range retirement speech

Hows when he says 'I have assured government .......'

what? he waved to Yarra City councillor across Hoddle St. ?

*smile* off Eddie.

If there was a board game called 'opposite people',

you'de get maximum points for laying down the pair of Eddie McGuire and Peggy O'Neal cards

When you compare Eddie to Carter’s retirement at Geelong which virtually happened on the same day.

Carter retired immediately, no fan fare, deputy steps in seamlessly and they are off and running as they should.

Eddie announces retirement in 12 months to give him time to build a succession plan and to bask in his glory. The fact he didn’t have a succession plan in the first place shows how incompetent he is at this governance stuff and he has now made next year at Collingwood all about himself.

Enough said.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
When you compare Eddie to Carter’s retirement at Geelong which virtually happened on the same day.

Carter retired immediately, no fan fare, deputy steps in seamlessly and they are off and running as they should.

Eddie announces retirement in 12 months to give him time to build a succession plan and to bask in his glory. The fact he didn’t have a succession plan in the first place shows how incompetent he is at this governance stuff and he has now made next year at Collingwood all about himself.

Enough said.

yep, its always been about Eddie.

Even with the white hood on, he manages to say look at me

• Haha

Tiger_Fury_69

Why do I even bother?
Mar 3, 2004
Tigerland

Enough said.
Well, there you go. Had no idea of Carter's retirement. Also, one minor detail that doesn't get highlighted as much as it should, is that Eddie "intends" stand-down at the end of next year.