The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
100% completely wrong.

Cousin Jack owned it. he acknowledged he did it publicly, he apologised directly and explicitly, he regretted it deeply, he changed.

Perhaps Eddie will do the same?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Perhaps Eddie will do the same?

Although i think its highly unlikely,

I really hope he can find it in himself, or his wife or best mate or his kids have the skill to translate the truth for him into braile.

Believe it or not, im still giving eddie the benefit of the doubt. I want him to grow and redeem himself.

In an ideal world, eddie and heretier and adam go fishing together one day and meet each others grandchildren and deliver insightful inspiration eulogies of growth and redemption.

I want Australia to reconcile its black past and present.

Yes, i do suffer acutely from disappointment.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
In the version; "Harry" is the uppity nigger.

His name, his manner, his footy, his past, his present, his language, his dance, his story, the whole lot

Is weaponised against him.
The mob pile on is dispiriting.

Whether you think he's right or wrong, truthful or deluded, foolish or wise ... sitting at the keyboard joining the attack is just letting your inner bully run free. Some of the comments on Facebook in response to articles posted in the media are awful.

His court action will be illuminating but, even if his complaint is upheld, I doubt he will win any new friends.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The mob pile on is dispiriting.

Whether you think he's right or wrong, truthful or deluded, foolish or wise ... sitting at the keyboard joining the attack is just letting your inner bully run free. Some of the comments on Facebook in response to articles posted in the media are awful.

His court action will be illuminating but, even if his complaint is upheld, I doubt he will win any new friends.

yeah, that's how it goes.

I heard the pre-emptive foundation of a hatchet job on Heretier really early on in the piece, from Collingwood royalty.

he was in a suit, drinking Dom Perrion.

"Harry" was basically a voodoo high priest eating goat hearts while incanting murderous spells. He was getting about with a bone through his nose.

it was something else.

I laughed my head off, filled my flute from his bottle, called him a racist *smile*, and left whistling Tigerland.

I suppose I should have waited around to see The Suits entire life fall apart after my sledge?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Just watched rd2 2020, young daicos should have played NRL, can the young fella throw a good ball!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just watched rd2 2020, young daicos should have played NRL, can the young fella throw a good ball!
The Filth players are all pretty good at. Probably why the Dogs picked up Treloar, he's very good at it and the Dogs are past masters at it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The Filth players are all pretty good at. Probably why the Dogs picked up Treloar, he's very good at it and the Dogs are past masters at it.
Treloar will be in heaven there. Teaching the next generation of pups .Might even get a Brownlow by honing his tossing skills at the kennel

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hamstring issues again for the shagger.
Be lucky to play 12 games this season

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Treloar will be 28 when he starts his career with the Bullies. Statistically 28 yr olds starting at their third club are doomed to mediocrity and on average get to play about 30 games (from memory). Of course there are exceptions, Diesel, Wallace, Sanderson, but I reckon Treloar will trudge through 3 seasons at the Bullies for about 50 games before retiring or moving on to a fourth club like North.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Treloar will be 28 when he starts his career with the Bullies. Statistically 28 yr olds starting at their third club are doomed to mediocrity and on average get to play about 30 games (from memory). Of course there are exceptions, Diesel, Wallace, Sanderson, but I reckon Treloar will trudge through 3 seasons at the Bullies for about 50 games before retiring or moving on to a fourth club like North.
All while the woofers are paying him $600 thou a year n Colonwood another $300 thou top up. How sweet it is.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
If he gets through 3 seasons at the dogs then he will be 31 or 32 so I don’t think he’ll go to north because the cats will pounce on him as he will fit their age demographics

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not many 28yo at 3 clubs
FWIW there is more player movement nowadays, especially from the new feeder clubs of gws and gc.
So in my opinion the law of averages isnt a good guide for Treloar

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Double Hammy Treloar. If anyone can pull off a bizarre injury it's him.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The authors of the 'Do Better' report say

No reasonable person could look at that history and not see a fundamental problem

There it is.

The McGuire Lovers are officially unreasonable :mhihi

which I knew, because they are impervious to reason

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
That is really the missing information in this entire process. I wouldn't categorise myself as a McGuire lover but I don't believe he is a racist or condones racism.

Personally I think this report paints him and Collingwood in a much more positive light. They have effectively loaded a gun and handed it to the authors and asked them to shoot them. Ripping the scabs off your own racism in public in an effort to do better going forward is quite commendable I think, especially when I could write that report for just about any sporting club in Australia apart from the profile of incident which is relative, but Collingwood has made the effort to instigate change.
You have to start somewhere.
He effectively fell on his own sword.
The different "mob" rules these days which is what he didn't appreciate until the delivery of the report.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
x scum player has just dumped on the coach, captain and the out going president telling them to stand up . perfect ...

at last someone has called out the captain and coach ......

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That is really the missing information in this entire process. I wouldn't categorise myself as a McGuire lover but I don't believe he is a racist or condones racism.

Personally I think this report paints him and Collingwood in a much more positive light. They have effectively loaded a gun and handed it to the authors and asked them to shoot them. Ripping the scabs off your own racism in public in an effort to do better going forward is quite commendable I think, especially when I could write that report for just about any sporting club in Australia apart from the profile of incident which is relative, but Collingwood has made the effort to instigate change.

Maybe, maybe not.

Eddie could have such a blind spot, he expected the report to recommend Collingwood for The Nobel Peace Prize?

Hence, putting it in the bottom drawer for 7 weeks until it leaked.

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
It is a learned behaviour. Any white kid who grew up in the northern suburbs of Melbourne in the late 70's and 80's was racist including myself. It's how you unlearn that behavior and grow up as an adult that defines whether you continue to be a racist (including unconsciously).
Agree, probably not racist, just thinking they are genetically superior.

A joke. Thanks Wilbur Smith.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Yep, I read the tweet(s). Real great timing for arguably their most well-known supporter to come out like that when they're on a 'we're not a club with a racism problem' diatribe.