The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They’ll sweep it under the carpet
Your properly right but Too many people are highlighting it now..
Not sure shiit for brains can ignore it.
Especially when the player mentions he was paid outside the cap

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Your properly right but Too many people are highlighting it now..
Not sure shiit for brains can ignore it.
Especially when the player mentions he was paid outside the cap

If you’re referring to Beams and his final contract being paid outside the salary cap - there was an article about it in yesterday’s HS

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you’re referring to Beams and his final contract being paid outside the salary cap - there was an article about it in yesterday’s HS
Mick Warner was on the case last night.
Asking why the AFL aren't looking into it.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Oh boy!! Got the HS today and what do you know?
Magpies on front page, back page, 4 inside pages and not to be seen to be biased, but another 3 or 4 pages inside back pages.
There has not been so much hype about an event since world war 2.
That's nothing! If you listened to 3LO this morning, this week's edition of Outside Football has a free 116 page lift-out devoted to Nathan's coaching career. One page to each win. Much better value than that Murdoch publication many on here rely upon.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That's nothing! If you listened to 3LO this morning, this week's edition of Outside Football has a free 116 page lift-out devoted to Nathan's coaching career. One page to each win. Much better value than that Murdoch publication many on here rely upon.
3LO? :mhihi What are they now? 774?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
You've read a misquote. He definitely said 'being told Jock McHale thought'.

Interested in how you would know that Carter? Inside word or just an impression?

I’m not inside, it’s a perception based on what we see and hear from the outside.

- last years trade fiasco which Buckley would’ve had a say in
- the lack of passion his players play with
- the problems his team mates had with him during his playing career
- his dour, defence-first tactical outlook and his refusal to let his troops play to their strengths

This is just off the top of my head, I am perfectly happy with my assessment of him. Hardwick is even on record as saying the human factor is something he had to rediscover in the summer of 2016-17. Some coaches just never find it and it is clearly apparent Buckley is one of them.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Mick Warner was on the case last night.
Asking why the AFL aren't looking into it.
Interesting that the AFL has made no comment on such a serious accusation.
On 3aw today, caro basically confirmed that the AFL approved this. If this is true, then there has to be an independent investigation into all at the AFL and the corruption that seems to ooze out of that cesspit

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Interesting that the AFL has made no comment on such a serious accusation.
On 3aw today, caro basically confirmed that the AFL approved this. If this is true, then there has to be an independent investigation into all at the AFL and the corruption that seems to ooze out of that cesspit

Gilligan and Shocking continuing Demestos dirty work that underpins the AFLs sickening culture. Both habitual lying campaigners that have swept more things under the carpet than the Trump administration.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Heard Shocking on radio today. When asked the question about Beams’ comments, he didnt answer specifically. He did say that every player contract is checked over by the AFL. Not sure if it was him or the commentator but the question raised was how would Beams know if the contract was paid out outside the salary cap. When shocking conversation had ended the commentator made a comment like ‘I’d really like to know whether it was or wasnt paid outside the cap”.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Taking the "I hate Collingwood and the AFL" cap off, if there is a provision where a contract is paid out because a player is suffering mental illness, is it bad if the AFL have made a provision that doesn't penalise the club involved?

I don't know the ins and outs of the Beams case, but if it was genuine mental illness, I can understand the payout being excluded from the cap.

It may open up other possibilities but you'd need to think that there is a case to be made where a club isn't penalised too much when a player's career comes to an abrupt end mid-contract.

Regardless though, it needs to be transparent and a stated policy, not some secret side deal.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Taking the "I hate Collingwood and the AFL" cap off, if there is a provision where a contract is paid out because a player is suffering mental illness, is it bad if the AFL have made a provision that doesn't penalise the club involved?

I don't know the ins and outs of the Beams case, but if it was genuine mental illness, I can understand the payout being excluded from the cap.

It may open up other possibilities but you'd need to think that there is a case to be made where a club isn't penalised too much when a player's career comes to an abrupt end mid-contract.

Regardless though, it needs to be transparent and a stated policy, not some secret side deal.
Why would a mental illness be treated differently to a physical injury? Easier to rort too.

Reactions: 4 users