The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
What's got up Eddie's nose this time.
Went on a crazy rant on the state of the Coll FC...and what they should be doing. I swear he’s still running the club from the desk of Footy Classified.
If it was his decision, he’d be waiting outside Clarkson’s house to pick him up tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Please not Kingsley. I don't want any of our coaches moving to the Scum.

I hope they get Brad Scott so that Pies v Cats games become the Salt and Pepper Cup.
Kingsley won't get the job.
Collingwood need to sign a Name to keep the toothless brigade happy.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Went on a crazy rant on the state of the Coll FC...and what they should be doing. I swear he’s still running the club from the desk of Footy Classified.
If it was his decision, he’d be waiting outside Clarkson’s house to pick him up tomorrow.
I like how Caro disputed how Sam Mitchell was feeling despite Sam Mitchell categorically stating how he was feeling

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Kingsley won't get the job.
Collingwood need to sign a Name to keep the toothless brigade happy.
Nah, think you might be wrong about that. Think, so why did they sack Buckley, favourite son, with a reasonable record of wins and finals appearances? Led them into 2018 GF; lost by a kick after leading all day. Don't forget that stirring victory over WCE in Perth in '20 finals before crashing out. Sure, no flag but not exactly a record of dismal failure.

Then coached the side to 2 final wins including over the much-vaunted, flag- favourite Dees in his last game.

So why? Because they couldn't afford to re-contract and keep paying him on the big $$$ Eddie had his love=child on. See the salary cap sacrificial victims end of '20: Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips etc. The club's still very much in the red - dire trouble for 2021. Poor draft situation might force trading other players to secure Daicos no. 2.

Reckon they are looking to find a young up-and-comer, the next Beveridge type to launch a successful career starting on much lower money, but to be well-compensated after returning them to being competitive and reach the Promised Land in 2-4 years. By then, after clearing the decks, increased SC, improved results, he will have his 2-year contract $$ considerably raised.

Most unfortunately, I reckon Kingsley could be right in the frame. He has extensive, high quality experience as apprentice to premiership coaches. But unable to expect the huge contract that someone like Clarkson, or even B. Scott or Lyon, would require.

Last edited:

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I still think Clarkson has been in the frame for the job from at least a year ago, since Graham Wright went there.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watching the Hawks circle the wagons and quickly get into the media to refute/downplay Caro's claims would have you believe that the truth is closer to Caro's take than Kennet's. S

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watching the Hawks circle the wagons and quickly get into the media to refute/downplay Caro's claims would have you believe that the truth is closer to Caro's take than Kennet's. S
Or maybe they are annoyed that Caro is perpetuating a mis-truth.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What else could they have done? Ignore it? She is worse than Cornes at least his stuff is just his warped opinion mostly. Caro claims to have inside sources. She claims to know what happened at events she never attends. At different clubs. It’s nothing more than guesswork and gossip. She knows she can’t write about the game itself so goes for the most controversial. It’s the only way she knows to stay relevant as she has no original ideas.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What else could they have done? Ignore it? She is worse than Cornes at least his stuff is just his warped opinion mostly. Caro claims to have inside sources. She claims to know what happened at events she never attends. At different clubs. It’s nothing more than guesswork and gossip. She knows she can’t write about the game itself so goes for the most controversial. It’s the only way she knows to stay relevant as she has no original ideas.
Dismiss it without feeling the need to rebutt every point she made, send Mitchell out to answer pre-scripted 'hard questions" questions with media dep approved answers.

Hawks are trying too hard to answer her allegations when normally Kennet or Clarkson just fob her and her allegations off.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It does my heart proud to know that Eddie left Collingwood in a mess, most of it his doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It does my heart proud to know that Eddie left Collingwood in a mess, most of it his doing.
And what is also wonderful is that, despite his amusing protestations that he is no longer involved, connected or invested, that he has walked away and will keep out of it, but no way he will or can let himself.

As FC the other night showed. Eddie cannot help himself. He will keep interfering, commenting heavily and stuffing up any chance of a clean transition to a new board and presidency.

Eddie is the gift that keeps on giving as far as CFC goes.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
C
Heard a bit of his rant on the radio, what an ego he has , has to be up there with Trump in the self opinion stakes , believes he knows everything about everything, I say get him back to the Pies before they come good

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Was a replay of what he said on which ever footy show his on the night before, stuff like none of this stuff happened on his watch , etc
Yeah. FC. He made himself out to be the greatest and also hinted, I thought, that he’d step back into the ring.