The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Ross the Boss told Collingwood no thanks, doesn't like the way the club is currently run.
Unsure if true but a couple of coaches have told them no thanks.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Eddie's not bitter :rotfl1

“I look at it and go, the selection committee at Collingwood, Luke Ball is one of them. Now Luke Ball got out of St Kilda to come to Collingwood because he didn’t want to play under Ross Lyon anymore, he’s probably not getting any votes there”

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Pendelbury waiting for a new contract still. Pies waiting to announce a new coach before extending offers.
Maybe we should punch him for 12 months to have a last roll of the dice flag run.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I know it's been covered but the pies exchanged picks 24 and 30 in 2020 for pick 2 in 2021 and a 2021 4th rounder. I know they will still get Daicos but jeepers, the gws recruiters mustn't be able to believe their luck.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I know it's been covered but the pies exchanged picks 24 and 30 in 2020 for pick 2 in 2021 and a 2021 4th rounder. I know they will still get Daicos but jeepers, the gws recruiters mustn't be able to believe their luck.
Spewing we didn't get in on that action instead of GWS.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He may well have been a very good President but geez he made some horrendous football mistakes

Grubby over Balme tops the list
Single handedly gave the RFC the man who I believe is responsible for instigating the shift and change to turn the RFC around..

No coincidence Blame has flags everywhere he went as a Footy Manager including the Maggots who let him go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ross the Boss told Collingwood no thanks, doesn't like the way the club is currently run.
Unsure if true but a couple of coaches have told them no thanks.
Dont think there is a lot to go forward with list wise as of yet either.

Last edited:

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Unbelievable ineptness.

Yes they will get Daicos. But if they still had pick 2 today, they could have traded it over the next two months for the best forward or mid in the league. And still got Daicos.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pendlebury signalled his interest in getting into coaching, but not at Collingwood. Makes sense to learn from others. Who better to learn from than the most successful coach in the AFL?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Pendlebury signalled his interest in getting into coaching, but not at Collingwood. Makes sense to learn from others. Who better to learn from than the most successful coach in the AFL?
I thought he was a bit cheeky basically asking other clubs to send him a Sam Mitchell style offer (which was a waste of West Coast's time).

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Unbelievable ineptness.

Yes they will get Daicos. But if they still had pick 2 today, they could have traded it over the next two months for the best forward or mid in the league. And still got Daicos.
They could've got Darcy and Dacios
now they get Dacios and Dan Connors

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Bad enough that Fly might get the gig.... Tom Morris either reporting/guessing/making:poop:up that Leppa becomes his senior assistant... yuk!

• Wow

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I thought he was a bit cheeky basically asking other clubs to send him a Sam Mitchell style offer (which was a waste of West Coast's time).
He's backed down now. Claiming he'll only play for Collingwood an no one else. Chasing a 2year deal, Pies offering 1. I expect the deal will get down with a multi-million 7 year deal that involves the senior coach role handover in Year 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bad enough that Fly might get the gig.... Tom Morris either reporting/guessing/making:poop:up that Leppa becomes his senior assistant... yuk!
Interesting to see how Fly goes.
Some times a great assistant coach doesn’t mean they make a great head coach.
Wish him a little luck. Not much, certainly not any luck in finals.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
hehehe, if Shaw can continue in that manner he needs a job in the media. But he might want to get a second source instead of relying on the Pies feeding him their narrative.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rutten/Blake at Essendon and Fly/Leppa at Collingwood. perhaps Carlton can go with Kingsley/X

wonder why the assistants of the greatest home and away coach C.Scott aren't in demand?

Reactions: 4 users