The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ross the Boss told Collingwood no thanks, doesn't like the way the club is currently run.
Unsure if true but a couple of coaches have told them no thanks.
He doesnt like how the Pies are run, but he will consider going to Carlton? mmmmm. sounds like Heath Shaw might be on the money.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Bad enough that Fly might get the gig.... Tom Morris either reporting/guessing/making:poop:up that Leppa becomes his senior assistant... yuk!
Interesting if so. Of course, Fly was successful and a proven top development coach with us, and has that kind of role at the Filth now. He has a lot of credits in the bank in that respect. But has never had a senior gig.
Whereas Leppa has at Brisvegas and got the knife there but IMO was quite hard done by. If Fagin can take them back to repeated finals, Leppa was probably only a year or two away from finding some success. (Lions might have had a big facilities up grade that Fagin got the benefit of too?)

However, hasn't he had 2 flag successes with us as AC for Dimma? He's also a strong, successful and respected media commentator now, but don't see Fly really great in that capacity.

IOW, I think they would have it the wrong way around; Leppa for HC surely has more credentials. Possibly a consideration for Cartoon too if he's not happy to be again an AC to Fly, given review cited defensive deficiencies. Lyon not the only candidate perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Rutten/Blake at Essendon and Fly/Leppa at Collingwood. perhaps Carlton can go with Kingsley/X

wonder why the assistants of the greatest home and away coach C.Scott aren't in demand?
Yep but I can give you an X. What about if they entice Grigga away from the Moggies to be Kingsley's AC? Get the best intel of both top clubs.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Rutten/Blake at Essendon and Fly/Leppa at Collingwood. perhaps Carlton can go with Kingsley/X

wonder why the assistants of the greatest home and away coach C.Scott aren't in demand?
Well no one would hire Knights. And the others are all Geelong nuffies like Scarlett.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If the Pies had any brains, and the Blues for that matter they would be headhunting Craig McRae. Fly has an impeccable playing and coaching CV, they could do a lot worse.
Pardom me for quoting my self.

I'm pleased for Fly he deserves to show the AFL world how good a coach and person he is. The only downside is, he's too good for a club like Collingwood :(

Reactions: 7 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Pardom me for quoting my self.

I'm pleased for Fly he deserves to show the AFL world how good a coach and person he is. The only downside is, he's too good for a club like Collingwood :(

Spot on, T-Man
Fly can cut his teeth at Collingwood and can then come over to RFC when Dimma finally hangs up his coaching hat.

Reactions: 5 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Is leppa heading to pies? I see conflicting reports all over the shop

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If it wasn't for us. He would be cleaning plates at Nandos.
*smile* i hate that Hardwick does the hard yards and these flogs get the job offers.
Especially going to Collingwood makes me angrier

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
If it wasn't for us. He would be cleaning plates at Nandos.
*smile* i hate that Hardwick does the hard yards and these flogs get the job offers.
Especially going to Collingwood makes me angrier
Makes life easier if the other clubs are full of flogs

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, it's no certainty just yet. Probably Fly wants to know what his spend is and sort almost all his appointments to know what bases he has covered or not, with the 'delicate' CFC salary cap situation. But looks almost certain, regrettably.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its hard to list managed a football club when you have No cap space and no picks in a draft.
Whoever takes over is walking into the destruction left over by Dkhead Guy and Buckley.
how Buckley gets past any scrutiny has me fked.
He wanted Treloar, he wanted Beams, he wasn't going to let Grundy leave.
The damage caused by these 2, it could easily take a good 5-10 years to recover.
Im not convinced the kids they got a A grade material. They stacked up on kids to keep the mob at bay.
Good luck fixing it.
That list is Wallace like after 08.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Heard him say today it's the world's worst kept secret which will be announced shortly. .... he said that after saying he wouldn't be taking a call from Carlton. ..

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Its hard to list managed a football club when you have No cap space and no picks in a draft.
Whoever takes over is walking into the destruction left over by Dkhead Guy and Buckley.
how Buckley gets past any scrutiny has me fked.
He wanted Treloar, he wanted Beams, he wasn't going to let Grundy leave.
The damage caused by these 2, it could easily take a good 5-10 years to recover.
Im not convinced the kids they got a A grade material. They stacked up on kids to keep the mob at bay.
Good luck fixing it.
That list is Wallace like after 08.

they just need recruit a few talented smurfs to balance out Grundy and they'll be set