The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The majority of players are fairly anonymous solid citizens in any case. Its a bit of a sliding scale, more money more scrutiny, but even then, Cotchy and Danger are on big money but they are home in bed with a cuppa.
Cotch has always been a grandpa. If a film crew followed Dusty to Vegas though when he was younger it might be entertaining.:LOL:

Not sure, but he certainly knew he was being videoed and went along with it.
Maybe he saw nothing wrong with it because he & the girl were just mates mucking around?
The judgements seem to have come from everyone who don't know the context.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Collingwobbles folded to the media’s outrage.
Whith Kebab gate, Gale and Dimma backed those two nimrods to hill, much to the AFL and media outrage.

Collingwobbles didn’t have the balls.

Hope he heads back to Bali

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
I feel for the guy but I can't cop the unfair scrutiny angle.

The difference between being a 800k per season footballer for Collingwood and a 50k suburban footballer is mostly about the increase in public interest.

Media scrutiny of all aspects of your life, public recognition and interest in you and an expectation of a higher standard of behaviour and influence are the price you pay for that money.

If you invite pubic scrutiny by exhibiting yourself on social media, or allowing those close to you to do so, then you can't really complain when it comes.
Yep.

For this particular incident it seems a bit of overkill. However, they (the players) are schooled in this - lectured - instructed - call it what you like that as an AFL player you will be under constant scrutiny. In his case he is also very well paid, well enough paid to afford the very best legal defence on offer in the old US of A only months ago. His problem is he is a recidivist. He has multiple times transgressed in different ways. Be it riding a motor bike with no licence and helmet (rules don’t apply) to throwing Buckley under the bus with the dog bit my hand excuse when he had punched someone in a pub.

He came out all guns blazing in his first response. He then said it was all about his ADHD that was only diagnosed late last year. This may have been news to the Club. May not. I dunno. A lot of ADHD adults have come out not happy that they have been tarred with the DeGoey brush.

Then he doesn’t make it to training with the rest of his team. It was all a bit vague why he wasn’t there. Then we have the carefully scripted statement that was quite a bit different to his first salvo. Whately was interesting in his comments that Jordy has removed the people that challenge him - I.e tell him no or to pull his head in. He flicked his Manager who may have been the person to do that and replaced him with a family member.

Was Ben Simmons always an a class ahole? Or did he become one by being constantly feted as a big name basketballer in a Country that over celebrates celebrity. Maybe DeGoey has fallen into that trap. Overall he has been a problem child for Collingwood for a long time and there have been plenty of “I’ll get better”and “I am a work in progress” and “i am remorseful” already. Bit of cry wolf there cos nothing seems to be changing.

Then he doesn’t front today to the Club. Now has taken indefinite personal leave?

One way or the other, this should be a massive lesson for current and future players.

On his money, if he was employed in business, he would be in a senior position and probably a prominent role. Big companies turf employees for various unacceptable behaviours from low levels up to CEO. I think he would be vulnerable if he worked there on his behaviours to date.

Collingwood have withdrawn the 4 year deal offer and it’s probably a bargaining chip to drop his pay. It’s not as if he has been terminated.At the moment he has withdrawn from fulfilling his end of the salary bargain for his reasons.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. He may end up at another Club. He might still be at the pies in 5 years time.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What did he actually do in Bali?
I’ve heard he rubbed a girls tit
The internet left are outraged
Surely there’s more to it
Didn't get written permission first n then he was stupid enough to let some one film him doing it.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder how many of the runts would be offended by a good old fashioned wolf-whistle:unsure:
That's been sexual harassment n disparaging women for about 30 years now. Been completely stamped out of society n it's all about online Tickle Tockley now, n that's even more dangerous for the numpties who go there.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Hope we go for JDG.
Geez! Don't we already get enough meedjia outrage n histrionics over our own home grown players without resorting to importing a walking human headline to the club?
Dusty several times.
Broady.
Cotchinators cook.
Stacka n Cujo.
Sausage n Shai.
There's always players that will have a bad moment or two as they navigate their way through growing up within the AFL system. They generally learn fairly quickly to pull their heads in a bit n keep a lower profile.
Every now and again there's someone comes along n just keeps crashing head first into walls n is more than happy for everyone to watch them doing it. Don't need a *smile* like Goo.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
De Goey is an a class turnip.

Surely after Broady, CCJ and Stacky’s experiences even he should know that footy and tits is not a good mix.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Collingwobbles folded to the media’s outrage.
Whith Kebab gate, Gale and Dimma backed those two nimrods to hill, much to the AFL and media outrage.

Collingwobbles didn’t have the balls.

Hope he heads back to Bali
I reckon he'll head for the Gold Coast nightlife.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
The girl in question had no issue with DeGoey's behaviour so why the outrage? All it is, is a peak into someone's private life but really it's nobody's damn business except theirs. Media outlets can choose not to play the video but paparazzi clicks & all that.
It's not 'private' when you do it in a public venue.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The article was ok but DeGoey is a repeat a offender which was not mentioned (always love a Tiger pat on the back though). Although the reaction has been way over the top.
OK- the fact the De Goey is a repeat offender, and has faced criminal charges for his behaviour towards women whilst drunk is the whole point.
of course some of the shock jocks are just trying to outdo each other, but any sensible media has highlighted the risks for De Goey getting into these situations, and the risks for any club employing him if he still hasnt learnt his lesson.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Did Collingwood know in advance he was going to Bali? If they did, then I don't understand the reaction and fine. If he didn't inform the club first, then it makes sense.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The article was ok but DeGoey is a repeat a offender which was not mentioned (always love a Tiger pat on the back though). Although the reaction has been way over the top.
Yeah the lack of any mention of his priors renders it irrelevant clickbait. its a classic shock jock tactic as Brodders says. Never let the facts get in the way of a good angle. To me the priors is the main issue, no priors, no big reaction, simple as that, and the article is OTT railing against the big reaction.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Did Collingwood know in advance he was going to Bali? If they did, then I don't understand the reaction and fine. If he didn't inform the club first, then it makes sense.
the issue isnt that he went to Bali, the issue is making "obscene" gestures to the camera, and attempting to expose his friend's breast to the camera, and I think the suggestion is that he wasn't particularly sober at the time- not sure on that one tho.
again, for a guy with his history to put himself in this situation is incredibly dumb.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Jesus.

Goes to New York, done for harassment.

Goes to Bali, lets rip with similar behaviour filmed by his own camp.

Meanwhile, 800 other AFL footballers indulge in their own recreational habits. Privately.

JDG isn’t hard done by.

He is INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Reactions: 8 users