The Inaugural Punt Road End Awards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Inaugural Punt Road End Awards

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I just had a thought, seeing it is coming to the end of the season. Why don't we have our own awards, ie Best and Fairest, Best new talent, Best clanger etc. Once the categories have been sorted out and the votes are tallied. We can make a presentation to the player (even if it is only be email) I can see it now, in a couple of years we can have the Punt Road End Dinner (the one where us normal folk can afford to go) and invite some of the players).

What do you think Rosy?

We usually do that Tiggy. We had a mid year one too.

Well we haven't gone as far as the dinner, but we do give the awards. The dinner sounds liek fun too.

Who wants to give the Most Disappointing player trophy face to face to one of the guys? ;D

Do you let the players know that they have won?

I think a dinner is a good idea, only start out small, nothing fancy. There wouldn't be too many people who can afford to go to the dinners that the club has during the season at about $100 a pop.

The club would have to send players to our dinner it would be suicide not to :p