The interstate juniors have begun. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The interstate juniors have begun.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Just a quick note that the interstate junior competitions in WA and SA have already begun. WA have already completed their 2nd round.

The results can be viewed on:

WA
http://www.wafl.com.au/default.asp?pg=results&tournamentid=508

SA
http://www.sanfl.com.au/default.aspx?pg=results&tournamentid=512

Good scouting.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Couldn't see Montieath Phantom.Is he playing for the seniors?

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
evo said:
Couldn't see Montieath Phantom.Is he playing for the seniors?

Sorry evo, can you remind me which WA club Monteath played for last season?

Just remembered. I think it was East Perth.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
No, couldn't find the name Monteath in any of East Perth's seniors, reserves or colts.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
My mistake, I've found him in East Fremantle Colts.

Round 1, he kicked 4 goals and was first listed in their best players.

From what Google tells me, he might be quite a good junior tennis player also.

Unfortunately his name hasn't come up in round 2 with any of the East Freo sides.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
cheerrs Phantom.Yeah east Freo.I couldn't see him.Possibly out injured.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Evo,

there is an article in today's Sun (or is it the Age), it lists all the new and outgoing names for the reserves. Monteath's name appears in it. Is it the same guy?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
no thats his older brother No4.He's trying out at Coburg with a slim chance we may rookie him.

It's the younger one who has had the big raps who's going to play in the WA equavalent of the TAC this season.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Evo,

You seems to have your finger on it, can you tell me what happen to Daryl Freame (20th man in 1980 side)?

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne
Apparently Monteith Junior is very good and is a key position player which we really need.

He is eligible for us (Bruce played 118 games) and Fremantle on the back of the 200 odd WAFL games. I asked Bruce last year which way Kym was leaning to and it was us thankfully.   :)

I like the way we have got the older brother to the club this year as it may give us some bargaining power with the family.   ;)

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
BBC said:
Apparently Monteith Junior is very good and is a key position player which we really need.

He is eligible for us (Bruce played 118 games) and Fremantle on the back of the 200 odd WAFL games. I asked Bruce last year which way Kym was leaning to and it was us thankfully. :)

I like the way we have got the older brother to the club this year as it may give us some bargaining power with the family. ;)
Young Monteath has already indicated he wants to play for us :)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Phantom said:
My mistake, I've found him in East Fremantle Colts.

get on Mitchell Clarke ftom East freo, already playing seniors. 199 cms Ruck /CHF also at the colts...last year afl/ais member/Kevin Sheahan medalist... u16's all aus too I think...early tip to go first pick

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
http://www.footygoss.com.au/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=10133&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&POSTNUKESID=88d1462c127bb8b0eb713a84c2066107

Mitch clarke

an interesting read here on him. other than his injury he really has achieved a lot ...hasn't missed a beat.

Jack

Go Tigers!
Nov 25, 2003
victoria
There is also a Monteath on the Coburg list.

Is he related to the Monteath being discussed in WA. If so who is older and who is better etc?

Maxwell

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2003
Melbourne
Jack said:
There is also a Monteath on the Coburg list.

Is he related to the Monteath being discussed in WA.  If so who is older and who is better etc?

He is the older brother, trying to prove his wortyh to get on an AFL list. I would suggest that this could be a shrewd attempt to ensure that his brother chooses RFC in the draft (I believe he is elibable under father son for freo as well)