The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
What are peoples thoughts on our top 4 chances? Is winning all 6 games our only chance? Or could we can afford to drop one as long as its not against Collingwood, the Eagles or Lions? A quick look at the draw suggests Collingwood has the hardest draw of those 3 teams.
We’ll be fine.
We will beat port Melb & Carlton.
I’m not sure if we’ll beat Coll WCE & Bris But we’ll beat 1 or two.
I’m not keen on a QF in Perth but i am keen to play Geelong on the MCG.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What are peoples thoughts on our top 4 chances? Is winning all 6 games our only chance? Or could we can afford to drop one as long as its not against Collingwood, the Eagles or Lions? A quick look at the draw suggests Collingwood has the hardest draw of those 3 teams.

I reckon well take collingwoods spot.

Pendles and moore and stephenson out is like when we tipped with cotchy sheds lambo and lost 3 in a row.

Final 4 for me

Cats
WC
Lions
Richmond

Our *smile* % hopefully delivers us a Q final against the Cats on the G.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

I would be OK with either. West Coast in Perth is a free hit. A win means a home Prelim. A loss means no week off, but we wouldn't have to travel away from the G for the remainder of the finals. I would be OK with Geelong as well. They will be so salty about having to host a final against us at the G again that it will probably mentally tormernt them. However, a loss consigns us to a likely Prelim in Perth. Thats my biggest worry.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We’ll be fine.
We will beat port Melb & Carlton.
I’m not sure if we’ll beat Coll WCE & Bris But we’ll beat 1 or two.

Simply if we don't beat 2 of Coll, WCE & Brisbane then I can't see us making the top 4 as I can't see any of those teams winning no more than 3 of their last 6.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Simply if we don't beat 2 of Coll, WCE & Brisbane then I can't see us making the top 4 as I can't see any of those teams winning no more than 3 of their last 6.
Yep, not sure we can catch the 3 above us unless one of them throws up on themselves.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong are not the team they were in 2017, not sure I'd be confident of beating them in a QF. They are genuinely very good. Still, if we want to be a contender we have to beat all comers.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Geelong don't win finals.
Especially at the g.

Lucky to beat the saints at home and a few of theirs looking proppy - Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett all limping about Saturday night. And some of the young guys will be feeling the pinch. False favourite imo.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Geelong are not the team they were in 2017, not sure I'd be confident of beating them in a QF. They are genuinely very good. Still, if we want to be a contender we have to beat all comers.

DS

i agree, but we will not be the team that got spanked by them 7 weeks ago. In addition, when they find out the won't be hosting us at the cattery, they're gonna lose it and the whole media beat up will be a massive distraction for them.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I think Brisbane and Collingwood are the most vulnerable to dropping a few games on the way home, possibly 3 games. It is essential we win 5 games, without losing to these two.
Collingwood the most vulnerable so the rich v Coll game will be huge for our top 4 ambitions

Last edited:

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
If we can't beat Collingwood, and I mean with the list we have now, plus Nank back going okay (a few ifs), then I don't like our chances of taking the flag this year anyway.

It's always a special, must-win game.

And we should win, frankly.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Especially at the g.

Lucky to beat the saints at home and a few of theirs looking proppy - Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett all limping about Saturday night. And some of the young guys will be feeling the pinch. False favourite imo.
Geelong are copying our 2018 season, not our 2017.

I think we are copying 2017.
Any concerns Richmond have is based on our nightmare 2018 preliminary final.
And Geelong and Collingwood followed it up with early season wins.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If we can't beat Collingwood, and I mean with the list we have now, plus Nank back going okay (a few ifs), then I don't like our chances of taking the flag this year anyway.

It's always a special, must-win game.

And we should win, frankly.

Yep. Collingwood is season defining. Win that game and we are in it up to our necks.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I understand the fascination with finish 4th instead of 5th but is finishing 5th that much of a death knell???

Winning the first week from 4th and getting the week off is a bonus... but is it? Due to our injury run this year I think continuity isnt so bad for us.

Losing the first week from 4th OR beating up 8th from 5th garners the same result, in fact the latter wouldn't be as taxing.

Just thinkin out loud.

Last edited:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I understand the fascination with finish 4th instead of 5th but is finishing 5th that much of a death knell???

Losing to 1st OR beating up the 8th in the first week garners the same result in fact the latter wouldn't be as taxing.
Would rather we beat up 1st.

Reactions: 1 users