The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Forget the ladder predictor, I think our top 4 chances live and die on this weeks game.

I tend to agree , and I tend to think the winning or losing this weak is massive to our confidence levels as we turn into the home straight

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
At the moment, Brisbane is the only team in the top 4 that has form (and they nearly lost on Saturday). The other 3 teams all have the wobbles like we did at the end of last year. It seems harder for a team now to maintain the elite form required for a whole year especially with a more even competition.

Geelong and pies have had ripping form for the first half of the year, but now can’t maintain it are now back with the pack and are gettable whereas the weagles have been hot and cold all year. Brisbane are on a roll and are dangerous but they are the one team we have matched up well against (along with hawthorn) even when we were crap.

I think there will be quite a few more upsets occurring with the top 4 teams over the last 5 rounds.

For us, a win on Friday simply means we will control our destiny of a top 4 finish, a lose means that we will rely on teams above us losing.

It’s an important game and will help shape our top 8 position and we can do a lot of damage to the other top 4 sides final in our run home.

A top 4 spot is critical to our premiership chances, likewise with the pies and they know it.

It’s going to be a cracking game - 50 : 50 at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Now I'm nervous. The media starting to pump us up. Saying the sleeping giant is waking up and we are now no. 1 seed according to a few journos

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
God how good would it to be to win this game by 30 points and move above them on both points and percentage and move into the 4. HUGE GAME.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
At the moment, Brisbane is the only team in the top 4 that has form (and they nearly lost on Saturday).

agree. GWS looked very good (I know they're not top 4).

The Kelly/Coniglio absence worked for them this week a bit like our adversity earlier in the year.

Greene in the middle was fantastic and Cameron is playing like the 3nd best forward in the game.

On form right now, its a 3 horse race between Tigers, GWS and Brisbane.

obviously there's plenty more twists in the road.

Its a natural reaction to dismiss Brisbane as inexperienced and benefiting a sweet draw and assume they will fall off.

But they keep winning in all kinds of different ways and it would seem nonsense to not take 2nd on the ladder seriously in late July.

having said that, I refuse to take 1st on the ladder seriously

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Did you see the second placed on the ladder "curse" this year? someone found that teams that are second on the ladder have a terrible win/loss ratio - the worst in the league. Amazing.

be997b25c76a99a832fe13b3ea1d0df9

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Did you see the second placed on the ladder "curse" this year? someone found that teams that are second on the ladder have a terrible win/loss ratio - the worst in the league. Amazing.

be997b25c76a99a832fe13b3ea1d0df9

How come some ladder positions have played 15 games some 16 and some 17? Amazing stat though.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
How come some ladder positions have played 15 games some 16 and some 17? Amazing stat though.

Due to the bye rounds. Eg a team was fourth, had the bye, was replaced by another team in fourth who then had the bye. So fourth place gets fewer games.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
agree. GWS looked very good (I know they're not top 4).

The Kelly/Coniglio absence worked for them this week a bit like our adversity earlier in the year.

Greene in the middle was fantastic and Cameron is playing like the 3nd best forward in the game.

On form right now, its a 3 horse race between Tigers, GWS and Brisbane....
the same giants who since their bye have lost to dons, brissy and us?
They are not form and only beat a stumbling pies. The pies themselves out of form and belief, who the week before raised up against their nemesis only to stumble back down again.

GWS is a solid side who have a spread of talent and experience in finals. But they need to get it together to make something of september

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Now I'm nervous. The media starting to pump us up. Saying the sleeping giant is waking up and we are now no. 1 seed according to a few journos

Don't worry, Harry. Dimma has already applied some of this pressure to the team. It's time to start rising to the challenges and the occasions. It starts this week against Collingwood. Will be a completely different team on the park this year as to last year's PF team.
Tigers won't leave anything in the tank and will be ready for a supreme contest against desperate opponents.

I'm going out on a limb already and making two predictions: First, the Tigers to win by 28 points and, second, USA won't be doing any finger waggling.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Massive game this week , one game shouldn’t mean that much but I reckon a win puts us right into premiership contention,

And another disappointing loss to them may finish us mentally for this year.

Our biggest game since last years finals series

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Could not have panned out better in one sense...we virtually control the lowest ladder position we can finish in. Beat Coll WC Lions and we take each of their spots as long as we win all 5 left. If WC or lions drop a game on the way we could get there sooner but we still need to winter top 4 match ups to hold due to %.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Caroline Wilson doing her bit to keep the lid on...
"Everyone seems to be talking up Richmond at the moment and, this is not a beanie-wearing comment, but it's a cautionary comment: they've not beaten one team in the top four this year," Wilson says.

"They haven't played Brisbane, they haven't played West Coast."

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Forget the ladder predictor, I think our top 4 chances live and die on this weeks game.

I used the ladder predictor, and think our top 4 chances live and die on this weeks game.

conversely, so do Collingwoods'

This is a huge game.

Collingwood wounded and wobbly, tigers growling through the gears,

and singing little Poppy Reiwoldt to sleep with Lullaby versions of Tigerland.

lets see these *smile* try copy that