The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm getting 2nd, 4th or 6th on Squiggle now. Mostly 2nd or 4th. If we get over the pies I can see second as a real possibility. Imagine playing the Loinchops at the MCG in the last home and away for the right to host the first final at home. Epic.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm getting 2nd, 4th or 6th on Squiggle now. Mostly 2nd or 4th. If we get over the pies I can see second as a real possibility. Imagine playing the Loinchops at the MCG in the last home and away for the right to host the first final at home. Epic.

I get 3rd and 6th mostly, depending on the outcome of friday night, but its a pretty complex algorithm. we could finish 1st or 10th too

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good opportunity this week for us as I reckon the bears will lose in tassie

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
A couple of random thoughts:

1. With Lynch, Jack and Chol up forward, we are transferring our mosquito, manic forward pressure to instead being applied between the arcs

2. Tom Hawkins is a poor-mans Tom Lynch. Will be clearly evident come finals

3. Chris Scott (and his brother) can *smile* off.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Fourth has a pretty poor record too (12th). Who's fourth this week?
Caroline Wilson doing her bit to keep the lid on...
"Everyone seems to be talking up Richmond at the moment and, this is not a beanie-wearing comment, but it's a cautionary comment: they've not beaten one team in the top four this year," Wilson says.

"They haven't played Brisbane, they haven't played West Coast."
gotta remember
The media people aren’t as interested in being right as they’re into getting attention.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
So is a possibility that we play Bris in round 23 at the G and then again the following week, first final in Bris?
That would be amazing!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
So is a possibility that we play Bris in round 23 at the G and then again the following week, first final in Bris?
That would be amazing!

That game would be a walk in the park. a team with no finals experience on the MCG. Not that I am getting ahead of myself.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Friday night is season defining. Win and we are on our way. Loose and it's the bottom part of the eight. They have completly dominated us the last two times around the contest so I think $2.50 is well over the odds for them despite recent form. A lot of players have a big point to prove after the prelim last year. Let's hope we leave nothing in the tank and have a real crack.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Friday night is season defining. Win and we are on our way. Loose and it's the bottom part of the eight. They have completly dominated us the last two times around the contest so I think $2.50 is well over the odds for them despite recent form. A lot of players have a big point to prove after the prelim last year. Let's hope we leave nothing in the tank and have a real crack.

$2.50 sounds about right to me. Players who were playing in round 2 and won't be this time are Stephenson, Aish, Greenwood, Langdon, Moore, Beams. Players under a cloud are Thomas, Cox, Elliott, Mayne (who unbelievably had 33 disposals in Rd 2). We have pretty much a full list to choose from now. On paper we should beat them easily which is why the odds are that way. Obviously reality can be completely different, underdog status, all that jazz, but this is our perfect chance to make amendsm won't get a much better opportunity than this.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
A couple of random thoughts:

1. With Lynch, Jack and Chol up forward, we are transferring our mosquito, manic forward pressure to instead being applied between the arcs

I was at the game on Saturday. At no stage did I see all three in the forward line at the same time.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
$2.50 sounds about right to me. Players who were playing in round 2 and won't be this time are Stephenson, Aish, Greenwood, Langdon, Moore, Beams. Players under a cloud are Thomas, Cox, Elliott, Mayne (who unbelievably had 33 disposals in Rd 2). We have pretty much a full list to choose from now. On paper we should beat them easily which is why the odds are that way. Obviously reality can be completely different, underdog status, all that jazz, but this is our perfect chance to make amendsm won't get a much better opportunity than this.
Lose this one, with those outs for the Pies, would leave us seriously scarred and legitimately the Pies Bunnies, (but that won't happen).

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I was at the game on Saturday. At no stage did I see all three in the forward line at the same time.

Just watching the 1st quarter replay and have already seen twice when all 3 were playing forward. Maybe the idea is to just mix it up in small bursts to keep the opposition guessing. Also just saw all of Lynch, Chol and Soldo forward.