The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Just watching the 1st quarter replay and have already seen twice when all 3 were playing forward. Maybe the idea is to just mix it up in small bursts to keep the opposition guessing. Also just saw all of Lynch, Chol and Soldo forward.
I expect one was on ruck duties. I was referring to 3 starting in f50

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Talking about neutrals. Just heard N.Riewoldt tip us to win it. Last year we were clear favourites and hit the wall. We need to stay hungry. Long way from securing the double chance and play three teams above us in the last month.
I agree.
But it’s going to be really hard to keep losing games and drop people off the bandwagon.

The only way to lose fans is to lose.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Talking about neutrals. Just heard N.Riewoldt tip us to win it. Last year we were clear favourites and hit the wall. We need to stay hungry. Long way from securing the double chance and play three teams above us in the last month.

Completely different to last year as we were so far in front we lost our edge.

This year the side is still working on getting it right. Everyone is hungry. No-one has their spot sown up. Options everywhere for the selectors.

We are hungry and in hunting mode.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dropping players like we did with kmac will keep them hungry

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Better shape than last year as a team. Worse shape in that not much room for error.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Too many people jumping on us for the flag, too far out. Need to lose a few from the bandwagon without losing games.

agree. Ideally, Collingwood lose Degoey and Pendlebury and Grundy in the first quarter and only lose by 1 pt.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Clearly has an affinity with the Tigers obviously with Jack but whenever he does analysis on us he's pretty effusive, bordering on fanboy status....
Probably reading PRE as I write :cool:

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Completely different to last year as we were so far in front we lost our edge.

This year the side is still working on getting it right. Everyone is hungry. No-one has their spot sown up. Options everywhere for the selectors.

We are hungry and in hunting mode.
Last year we came out of the blocks hard and were playing close to perfect football in the early to mid rounds, I think the premiership had a bit to do with it, there was almost an attitude to prove this was no fluke,

I believe it wore us down in the end, couldn’t maintain it right to the finish,

The difference this year , we appear to be building now, this was the time last year, cracks were starting to appear

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Last year we came out of the blocks hard and were playing close to perfect football in the early to mid rounds, I think the premiership had a bit to do with it, there was almost an attitude to prove this was no fluke,

I believe it wore us down in the end, couldn’t maintain it right to the finish,

The difference this year , we appear to be building now, this was the time last year, cracks were starting to appear

Before the season started Hardwick was speaking of exactly that and how we had changed our approach for 2019 to make sure we are firing later in the season.

The injuries compounded the problem but maybe it will turn out they also helped. Not that you want injuries at anytime.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Before the season started Hardwick was speaking of exactly that and how we had changed our approach for 2019 to make sure we are firing later in the season.

The injuries compounded the problem but maybe it will turn out they also helped. Not that you want injuries at anytime.

The advantage of the injuries, we have a lot of fresh well rested bodies, who should go into finals not so worn out with half a season under their belts not a full one , you can’t plan for that, but hopefully it may be a weird blessing in disguise

I believe Collingwood had a bit of that last year, when they ran over us in the PF

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

there is no perfect method. all thats important is that you're firing at the right time. a friendly finals draw also helps. the cards fell perfectly in 2017. Not so much in 2018. a bit of luck is needed.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Certainly better to get your injuries early on in a season and having them all come up build towards the end of the season as we've done. As many players haven't endured a full season of games they probably feel a lot fresher too. I think the situation will definitely help us leading into finals. We still have some good teams to beat though in the H&A season. Will be a good test leading into finals.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There is a heap of work to do for the Tigers to be contenders we are not in the 4 so that is the target 4th spot at least.

Collingwood Eagles, and Bears are all big games and Carlton will come at us with everything.

Melbourne are tanking now again with the cue in the rack, so not too fussed about them.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
There's a new thread in 'What the Journos Say' forum where Wayne Carey anoints the Tigers as 2019 premiership favourites.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Too many people jumping on us for the flag, too far out. Need to lose a few from the bandwagon without losing games.

Surely you don't believe there is a causal link between being tipped for the flag and actually winning or losing games?

Is this just footy superstition?

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Yes, we are indeed building. But is anyone else worried it’s a tad too early? By about a month?

Yes, it’s through necessity also, as we pretty much need to win all our games in order to guarantee a top four spot.

But if we finish 5th after being up for 8-9 rounds, we then have four finals.

It’s a fine line. Losing to the Roos and Dogs could cost us.

On the flip side, I’m absolutely loving what we’re doing right now and should probably just enjoy the ride!