The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fancy the coach talking about the inequities of the comp and how his opponents supposedly get a leg up. That is the role of an administrator, President, CEO.

This flog deserves to get knocked out in straight sets.

What a contrast to Dimma.

Totally agree.
First time in my life I will Barack for Collingwood if they play them in September.
If they do go out in straight sets, his job would have to be on the line.
Let it be...

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We’ve got them looking over their shoulders already.

This is absolutely perfect for us. We are already getting inside their heads and they don't even know who their opponents will be for another 6 weeks. I hope they keep carrying on about it because it will only increase their anxiety.

Fancy the coach talking about the inequities of the comp and how his opponents supposedly get a leg up. That is the role of an administrator, President, CEO.

This flog deserves to get knocked out in straight sets.

What a contrast to Dimma.

Lets go back to 2017 when there was a lot of media about us having to wear our clash jumper in the 2017 GF. The club just copped it on the chin without any fanfare as they didn't want it to be a distraction in the lead up to the GF. Compare this to Geelong who are already distracted about a hypothetical situation that may never eventuate.

I think some of it comes down to the pressure on Scott due to their average record in finals since the 2011 flag. He's feeling it big time. Geelong will feel their season is a failure if they don’t win the flag from here.

Reactions: 6 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Winning four finals is harder than winning three finals. Home finals beats travelling interstate. Defense rests.
Like I said I understand all that but still, finishing 5th isn't the end! That's what I was trying to say.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dunno where to post this
Gonzo winding up Chris Scott and letting him go re Cats getting their finals at Geelong......
One geelong slapper sucking up to another!
Just gave us a mention for playing the last seven at the G then potentially playing a final there that we really haven't qualified for as the home team!
Some of the analogies he was using were absolutely laughable. If this was my team I'd be ropeable... gettin way to far ahead of themselves!
*I'll put up a link when they do.

Yep, Chris Scott clearly has a lot to complain about. How about we be magnanimous about this. We'll swap opponents for the rest of the season. They can play 3 teams currently in the top 4 and we'll play, what, 1? We can then play 5 teams currently outside the 8. Seems only fair given the clear disadvantage that Geelong are suffering.

Talk about stupid. Geelong are playing very well, they have a great team. They could stuff it up with this attitude, and if they do I will just laugh and laugh :p

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Like I said I understand all that but still, finishing 5th isn't the end! That's what I was trying to say.
If that’s your point I agree but I don’t think you made that point in what you wrote. No biggie. From your point in original post for me losing week 1 and getting home final week 2 still beats winning from 5th then playing away. I think both games are just as taxing and doesn’t hold muster that 5th vs 8th is any less an effort than 4th vs 1st.

Plus we’ve seen what happens enough when we finish fifth.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If that’s your point I agree but I don’t think you made that point in what you wrote. No biggie. From your point in original post for me losing week 1 and getting home final week 2 still beats winning from 5th then playing away. I think both games are just as taxing and doesn’t hold muster that 5th vs 8th is any less an effort than 4th vs 1st.

Plus we’ve seen what happens enough when we finish fifth.

Richmond has never won a final out of Melbourne.
Furthest we’ve got is VFL PARK Mulgrave.
I’m not hoping to break new ground this September.

Maybe 2020.

Last edited:

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

The Geelong/Richmond journeys are eerily similar, but there’s just one thing missing from that comparison...

In the 12 months leading up to the premiership, we actually received 2 Brownlow medals while Geelong were only able to obtain one. That’s twice as many Brownlows.

Clearly we’re ahead at the same stage.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
https://predictor.squiggle.com.au/ puts us consistently 4th after results this week, playing Geelong in the first week.

If we beat Collingwood next week our stocks will rise further.

Geelong are in a real form slump right now - playing slow, stagnant conservative footy.

Edit: ran it again and got this:

tigersladderpredictrd18.png

How sweet would that be....

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I managed to get this one out. You may notice something with the finals. BF9C9451-D885-4F8C-8270-FD6ABBCA55DA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I can see why Scott is kicking up such a fuss about playing at the G. They are exposed on the bigger ground. If we get them in the first final - that’s an absolute dream result imo...same with finishing 2nd and getting the lions at the G. Yes please

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I can see why Scott is kicking up such a fuss about playing at the G. They are exposed on the bigger ground. If we get them in the first final - that’s an absolute dream result imo.
I thought we were cruising last year and then :
* bang - collingwood*
I’m not sure I want to be confident ever gain:
true