The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has any side won the last 9 H&A matches going into the finals then won the GF? (Especially winning all 3 finals?).

Coz it seems that’s what we,ll have to do.
Not sure, but the handbaggers had won something like 15 games in a row before losing to the Hawks in one of the Grand Finals.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has any side won the last 9 H&A matches going into the finals then won the GF? (Especially winning all 3 finals?).

The Lions won 16 games in a row including 3 finals when the they beat the Bombers 2001.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Going to be tough the next three weeks.

How many games in a row has any side won this year?

We will (if) the next three, that makes it 9 in a row (as Tigertim said) then win 2 to get into the GF.

That will be some feat.

One game at a time , starting this Sunday against the Blues who did ok to get within 4 goals to the WC with Kruezer, Curnow and Thomas not playing. Expect a tough game .

Destiny is in our own hands. With GWS winning those close games are right on our tail with a better %.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Geelong should be careful about lobbying the AFL for a home final. They'd need to make sure it didn't clash with the local dog-fighting fixture.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

think we can afford to lose to WC if we play them in the first final in Perth and still win it

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If we can remain at the MCG, or Gabba, I'm confident of our chances no matter where in the 8 we finish

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can't see it personally. They're in full 'we need a priority pick' mode.
With Rowell and Anderson a clear top 2 and Melbourne looking like finishing 17th, I'm more than happy for Gold Coast to get the first two picks.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
If we win our last 3 games, we are more than likely playing West Coast in WA. If we lose one of our remaining 3 we will more than likely finish 5th probably against Adelaide. I’d definitely rather us finish 3rd

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
If we win our last 3 games, we are more than likely playing West Coast in WA. If we lose one of our remaining 3 we will more than likely finish 5th probably against Adelaide. I’d definitely rather us finish 3rd

Not sure how you can call it likely, Alot will come down to percentage. West Coast are plus 245 points as are Brisbane. We are plus 167. A 30 point win against one of these teams makes a 60 point turnaround and suddenly percentage is very close. Then there's Geelong who aren't travelling that well and need to play North, Brisbane, Carlton. Anything can happen from here. We could theoretically finish top, we could still finish 4th even if we win all our games, or e could drop to 6th or 7th if we lose the two tough ones against West Coast and Brisbane. Too close to call. Unreal season.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I think we can make it to the QF v Cats and win it. Then up to HWick to get their heads right for Prelim.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That's one of the quirks of a low scoring season. Percentage can move quicker than normal after a single game.