THE MEDIA HATRED OF THE TIGERS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THE MEDIA HATRED OF THE TIGERS

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I had a little text exchange this morning with a RFC player I know who wanted to be connected with a cricketer I know for some pre-season thing he is working on.

Took the chance to ask how everything was going.

I knew what the reply was going to say before it appeared, same as always. "It's all just noise mate'.

How is Dusty??

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Hang on ... have I got this right?
1. I highly doubt that if the stalkee had lived in Doncaster that the word Doncaster would have found its way into the headline.
2. The person who lived in Richmond is only the victim anyway.

I don't think I have ever seen more conclusive proof of the media trying to associate Richmond to an article with a negative slant.
The "Richmond" association has nothing to do with the football club and is linked to the victim only, not the perpetrator.
Sheeesh.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
1. I highly doubt that if the stalkee had lived in Doncaster that the word Doncaster would have found its way into the headline.

I don't think I have ever seen more conclusive proof of the media trying to associate Richmond to an article with a negative slant.
The "Richmond" association has nothing to do with the football club and is linked to the victim only, not the perpetrator.
Sheeesh.
That’s precisely what I’m getting at.

I mean seriously how far does it go with the media v Richmond ?

I reckon the media and certain reps in it, plus the AFL, hate us more than many opposition fans do.

• Angry

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That’s precisely what I’m getting at.

I mean seriously how far does it go with the media v Richmond ?

I reckon the media and certain reps in it, plus the AFL, hate us more than many opposition fans do.
Yep. You'd think winning 3 from 4 flags would've quietened these rats.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009

Sheeesh.
I will guarantee if the bloke lived in Collingwood, Collingwood would definitely be in the headline.......it's called clickbait

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I reckon any article with the words 'Collingwood' and 'Ballerina' in them could only be describing the Pies forward line.
If it happened in geeelong they would replace Ballerina with grandmother.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Unfortunately the media used to judge success by sales of newspapers or ratings for TV and radio. Now it’s all about the clicks. So these totally misleading headlines will be the norm from here till eternity and in all likelihood will get worse as the competition for consumers gets more and more intense.